• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive got a '77 model marlin 60 series .22 rifle. dad put a 4 power scope on it.. its sighted in like a surgeon at 50-75 yds.

i love shooting at about 125 yards tho.. i found some good ammo that shoots at that range really well, but it doesnt like to feed through the semi auto..

im lookin for a stock 1911, or if i had a ton of cash, id like an xDM .45 compact 3.8.

my dad just bought a model 1895 marlin 45-70. octagon barrel and some nice bullhorn sights.. hes got a .45 colt pump action cowboy rifle too. .45 colt is soo much fun to shoot..

i wanna go shooting, buts its way too cold now.. i hate the cold..

what rifle is this? kinda looks like a mini 14

It is for shure a mini 14, or mini 30.

Oops didnt read the rest of the post, der der.

Q-tip, that gives it away, might as well tell us now

Kalashnikov

Sks

Svd

Rpk

Lpk

Rpd

Mosin nagant

Tokarev

Galil

Ppsh

Droganov

Theres a couple others

As for 45s and 38s we could assume all day

not post or post , but theres no halfway.

It is for shure a mini 14, or mini 30.

Oops didnt read the rest of the post, der der.

Q-tip, that gives it away, might as well tell us now

Kalashnikov

Sks

Svd

Rpk

Lpk

Rpd

Mosin nagant

Tokarev

Galil

Ppsh

Droganov

Theres a couple others

As for 45s and 38s we could assume all day

not post or post , but theres no halfway.

oh but there are 4 different common 7.62 calibers and a massive amount of firearms that use the one you missed, but if i have to i guess

usp .45

ak47 under folder

mossberg 12 ga. pump

mosin nagant greatest $100 gun ever!!

s&w airweight

and my favorite G3 :devil:

I have a super sweet Norinco pistol. It was converted to use 9mm ammo. Not really sure what all that entails although i do know there is a spacer in the clip. I paid $100 for it. It's never jammed up in the 150 rounds i put through it and is pretty dang accurate. Only downside is it looks like its a chinese made pistol, haha.

I have a super sweet Norinco pistol. It was converted to use 9mm ammo. Not really sure what all that entails although i do know there is a spacer in the clip. I paid $100 for it. It's never jammed up in the 150 rounds i put through it and is pretty dang accurate. Only downside is it looks like its a chinese made pistol, haha.

tokerov copy, there russian desighned, basucly an early browning, a+ function, d- on form couse the harsh tool marks

And im not listing 308, its 7.62 but there are so many rifles chambers for the 308 nato, and its not exactly the same as 7.62 is actualy 311, so nanner nanner :P

if you get that technical about it neither of them are actually 7.62. 7.62 is .3 or .299999 depending on how you convert. .308 is 7.82mm. the russains just make things whatever they want, always seems to work though.

how do you like that DE 1911, i havent shot one yet but magnum research usually has pretty good fit and finish

Soo.... Thinking about getting my first rifle. Interested in a tactical style rifle (AR style), but living in CA sucks for these things. I could build an AR for around 800-1000 that is CA compliant, or I could buy one that would be around 1000-1200. The other side of this, is that I'll be using it for range fun, plinking and paper, etc. Maybe the occasional hunting trip on some of my friends' farms (pig problems uprooting crops).

So my question is... should I spend the extra money just for the 2.23 and/or 5.56, or should I save some extra money AND go for the cheaper ammunition in a .22 tactical long rifle?

I have my eyes on This S&W, which has the look I want, it's only 5.5lbs, which is great, ammo is cheap as sin, and the price is right (a local shop, I can get it for $500 after tax and paperwork). My fear is that I'll get it and get bored with the lack of power. Not saying that 2.23 has much kick but compared to the .22, it's almost nonexistent.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Any opinions or suggestions?

Soo.... Thinking about getting my first rifle. Interested in a tactical style rifle (AR style), but living in CA sucks for these things. I could build an AR for around 800-1000 that is CA compliant, or I could buy one that would be around 1000-1200. The other side of this, is that I'll be using it for range fun, plinking and paper, etc. Maybe the occasional hunting trip on some of my friends' farms (pig problems uprooting crops).

So my question is... should I spend the extra money just for the 2.23 and/or 5.56, or should I save some extra money AND go for the cheaper ammunition in a .22 tactical long rifle?

I have my eyes on This S&W, which has the look I want, it's only 5.5lbs, which is great, ammo is cheap as sin, and the price is right (a local shop, I can get it for $500 after tax and paperwork). My fear is that I'll get it and get bored with the lack of power. Not saying that 2.23 has much kick but compared to the .22, it's almost nonexistent.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Any opinions or suggestions?

for shooting pigs, you definitely want the 223. Unless you hit em in the eye with a 22, they're just gonna shrug it off and go hide.

Target practice wise, the 22 is not such a kick in the wallet every time you pull the trigger.

Rifle wise, California sux. Fucking communists have more personal freedom.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input, but I'm familiar with the laws and hoops I would have to jump through for a legal AR style rifle. 10 round mag, bullet button to replace the mag release, etc etc... Kind of a bummer, but thankfully all easy stuff to reverse if/when I leave CA.

how do you like that DE 1911, i havent shot one yet but magnum research usually has pretty good fit and finish

I actually have not shot it yet. I have 200 rds ready to put through it and never seem to get out to a range. /facepalm

I like the weight and feel but would like an ambidextrous safety. The over sized beavertail safety makes it difficult to cock left handed. (I am working on a system to train both right and left handed shooting and being able to switch eye-dominance.)

That being said all the reports I have read say the gun just gets better and better after shooting.

That being said all the reports I have read say the gun just gets better and better after shooting.

sounds like they built em right.

a for the ar or .22. a ruger 10/22 is probly easiest to get anything for and theyre reliable, i have never been a fan of the ar platform, just personal preference, but it is easy to adapt to cali's crappy regs and will pack more punch than the .22 (i would go 6.8 for some extra power)