PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Layedout...i was inspired by that unibody 620 after Steroid showed it to me. & TY guys...BTW it was de-hooked by somebody back in the day & the exhaust sounds better now :D Got the DS corner about where i want it today & the entire DS is now ready for primer. Ive got 2 weeks to get the PS looking decent then vaccum up all of the body filler dust;)...

9-24roundcorner.jpg

Big thumbs up. It's really going to emphasize the streamlined look of the 620. It looks "finished", no raggedy edges. I think what makes me dig the 620 style the fin that comes off the doors. To carry that line back through the bed is hot.

I thought long and hard about how to fill the bed rail when I shaved my bed, but wussed out. I couldn't really estimate how long it would take to do the work and I didn't have a lot of time to begin with and lots of other stuff to do. Like most projects every thing takes twice as long as you think and if you want to do a really through job it take even longer. It took me ten times as long to figure out how to fab my tailgate latch system than it did to actually do it.

Tom- its ok to be jealous...:rolleyes: JK dood.

Figbuck- TY my friend. I agree that it'll highlight the "bullet" that starts in the door much more after im done. So far time wise it took me about 6-7 days & roughly 20 hours of labor to do the DS & tailgate. Mind you it's not perfect yet but presentable or as ive hear dbefore "it's a 3 foot truck"..:lol: Ive talked w/ Guy about making pre-made 620 bed side fillers by using a metal roller which will be straighter & cut down on body filler / time ill keep you guys posted & depending on how many people wanted them we may be able to make em for you 620 guys.

Mike...yes velocity rules :D

Dwnshifter...Ill let you know on the filler pieces soon

Today i got the PS about 75% done & almost ready for primer. Just need to work the corner a bit more...

9-30PSbed3.jpg

heres a good side shot showing how it flows....

9-30PSbed.jpg

Lynch - i didnt forget about the sway bar for you ;) now that i can use my welder again i can make one for you. PM & lemme know what you want it to look like. Yes hopefully w/ help from Guy we should be able to make the 620 bedside fillers quite easily. The bitch part will be the corners..ours will be made so the the curve flows around the corner in 1 continuous line. Basically it wont look like mine unless you want it to.

John- it's gonna be a 3 foot truck when you see it at JCCS ;)