PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Niel if your gonna run a pipe bigger then 1 3/4 & want to tuck it above the tranny crossmember it may be tough to do. Mine is & it barely cleared the cab floor. Maybe just do that section in 1 3/4 & the rest in 2 inch....

8-6ex3.jpg

You can see here how it's routed..& also the damage the torsion crossmember is taking :rolleyes:

Ok got the right belt..it's 36 inches long & the alt. has plenty of clearance & wont ever hit the idler arm again....

7-5newaltclearence.jpg

& heres the brake line i had to replace...had to "modify" it to clear the frame as it comes down...

7-5rbrakeline.jpg

if this doesnt work ill go with a braided line thats more flexible. And i reattached my SWDP plate w/ more skulls :blink:

7-5SWDPplatewskulls.jpg

& a view from inside my garage @ the wagon & the HB :cool:

7-5sunflag.jpg

I did however find a hairline crack in another section of brake line that ill repair next week so no biggie:rolleyes:

PCD,

looks like you mounted the alt. bracket upside down should be arcing downward, just a heads up...:D

conrad

Niel-pics please...:lol:

well you can kind of see the header collector and the first section of exhaust in this pic. its right behind the front tire.

SANY0362.jpg

that was the first day of havin it that low too, so its settled alot since then! lol

ill get ya another pic here later on!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok been WAY too long since i cut,welded & grinded anything so i got back into rounding the bedsides. I took the "bullet" section off the old cab my replacement roof came off of [save everything]..cut & trimmed it to fit the bed corners....

9-9cabpiece.jpg

9-9cabpiececut.jpg

then it was tack & kool time.....i made a relief cut in the middle & hammered it into shape......

9-9cabpiecewelded.jpg

you can see how the body line dips down as it rounds the bed...ill follow that bodyline on both sides. More work i know but i gotta be diff...

9-9DSbedcorner.jpg

9-9DSbedcornerwelded.jpg

then i came up with an idea to make a mold for the "bullet" out of a piece of wood. So i cut a piece of metal,placed it in the mold then hammered it into shape. What ill probably do is make a few of these & nail em together so i can make bigger sections...

9-9bedsidemold.jpg

& that piece welded in place.......

9-9DSbedcornerwelded2.jpg

The body line will kind of "stop" on that edge & not flow like other beds ive seen but once again...i gotta be different :cool:

Jason- you can copy me if u want :D

Steve- ill probably have to make a few more templates..this one is taking a beating

Cici- if your refering to Steroids 4 door 620 it's still at the body shop.

Ok got more done today. Made the middle tailgate section all 1 piece & one of the end sections. I had to trim away the handle part that i shaved last year ;) to get it to line up right...

9-10gate.jpg

9-10gatehandlecutout.jpg

9-10gate2-3done.jpg

9-10sideview.jpg

Im running 2 gate latches on the inside to keep it shut. Cheap & they work well. Today kicked ass...got a few coats of body filler on the gate & it's about 75% done/ready for primer. Also i dicsovered a new way to shape the metal....i used one of my body dolly's instead of just the hammer. It came out alot staighter than the other sections. Now both driver side sections are tacked on...

9-17metalsection.jpg

9-17gatebodyfiller.jpg

9-17DStackedon.jpg

It only took about 15 minutes from start to finish to cut & shape both sections!!!!