PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed my garage is packed. Looks like it is because of the rear end being torn down. Ok picked up some metal & axle tabs & got busy again today. Cut & welded front crossmember in place...

10-28xmembertabs.jpg

10-28xmembertabsweldedon.jpg

i partially boxed this side in for a later surprise ;)

10-28boxedin.jpg

shortened the other 2 gas tank mounts...

10-28tankmounts.jpg

& notched out the bed supports so the tank will sit 1 inch higher...

10-28tanknotches.jpg

Also cut off the old upper shock crossmember, the upper bag mounts will be cut off of that & re-used. BTW i love my sawzall & grinder.:sneaky:

marky mark, whatcha doin now bro, looks old school side tilt, i may be wrong, but i'm thinkin, u r doin side tilt, ???:D

Man you guys are on to me big time :cool: Tonight i got 1 of the nothces made & test fit. Not liking the early sunsets too much...

11-5notch.jpg

11-5notch3.jpg

11-5notch2.jpg

hey mark, dont forget to reinforce the the bed mounts where they are welded to the frame. the ones that have the crossmember on them.

on my buddies luv, we put the upper 4 link bars on the bed mounts and the welds that hold the bed mounts to the frame broke.

so just a heads up.

anyways, it lookin good man! can wait to see that ass on the ground!

2eDeYe;96581'']Nice work, are you gonna plate the joint at the frame the same way you plated the joint on the notch?

You read my mind Steve. Its already plated from the old C notch so ill add a section that'll overlap the weld. When i cut out the frame section i was kinda tense :unsure: There will be more bracing welded in when i do my "secret mod" which does include the chain :blink: