• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

P1010007.jpg

Your welds look very cold.

I know that there is a lot of hoo haw about properly welding Chromalloy, I stay away from the stuff since I don't know the ins and outs of welding it. But I wouldn't do it with a 110. And if that is all I had, I would heat the ever living piss out of it with a torch, then weld it.

This is welded with a tig using ERW tube, not as strong as DOM, but these are 150 hp Mini Trucks, you can see the heat and the penetration, the welds may not be as pretty with a mig, but the penetration is my point:

p1010046sk8.jpg

I know that parts and tubing is expensive, but I hope that you redo those, and practice better techniques with anything else that you weld. A preheated work piece and a 110 welder is just fine to build a mini truck with.

Edited by kaoss
  • 1 month later...

After a few months of sitting i got a few things done today. Replaced the heater control valve........

old & nasty...& new & shiny..

P1010001-1.jpg

removed the core & flushed it. Also cleaned it up before reinstalling it...

P1010002-1.jpg

years of funk..also cleaned up inside there. I found a #2 pencil & a zip lock baggie :rolleyes:..

P1010003-2.jpg

painted all parts removed & slapped it back together including NEW hoses...

P1010004-1.jpg

Then decided to clean-paint & install the package tray I got from Lawrence last year :D...

P1010005-2.jpg

Ok, got the right bolts for the lower bars & dropped it down to see how it looks. laying frame for sure now...:D Also found some kool bag mounts that are Ratsun all the way..pix of those soon...

P1010002-2.jpg

P1010003-3.jpg

P1010004-2.jpg

P1010005-3.jpg

Now i can get back to the bag levers & bridge setup. I just need more tubing & $$$ ;)

who????????

ray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P1010003-5.jpg

so i dont see how your gonna get any lift out of that with the way that you have it setup. im not tryin to bust your balls or nothin. it just setup a little different. maybe im not seein somethin. the way you have it there, it looks like it would put alot of stress on the pivot point and the mount for the pivot. it looks like its just gonna wanna rip the pivot mount from the frame.

anyways though, i dont wanna seem like a nit picker or anything. just tryin to understand. i wish i could be that far along with my kingcab lol! keep up the good work!!

so i dont see how your gonna get any lift out of that with the way that you have it setup. im not tryin to bust your balls or nothin. it just setup a little different. maybe im not seein somethin. the way you have it there, it looks like it would put alot of stress on the pivot point and the mount for the pivot. it looks like its just gonna wanna rip the pivot mount from the frame.

anyways though, i dont wanna seem like a nit picker or anything. just tryin to understand. i wish i could be that far along with my kingcab lol! keep up the good work!!

i was thinking the same thing, the way you have everything welded its going to want to make a circle not a up and down lift. if you had like 2 links welded then a free one then the other 2 welded i could seeing it work then, all i can picture it doing tho is when it fills up with air its going to want to curl and break of the axle mount..

i dont want to thread dump but yeah its just a concern.

i was thinking the same thing, the way you have everything welded its going to want to make a circle not a up and down lift. if you had like 2 links welded then a free one then the other 2 welded i could seeing it work then, all i can picture it doing tho is when it fills up with air its going to want to curl and break of the axle mount..

No worries, i can use all the input believe me. I was looking at pics of similar setups & i now know i need to modify the chain lever so it will create lift & not rip the bottom mount from the axle.

No worries, i can use all the input believe me. I was looking at pics of similar setups & i now know i need to modify the chain lever so it will create lift & not rip the bottom mount from the axle.

i sat on this for a week deciding weather of not i should say anything and i finally did lol. see how he has 2 moving joints in his cantilever set up?

IMAGE_007.jpg

you need something moving on there or im afraid its either not going to go up and down of catastrophic failure lol, i was also thinking you could have some kind of sliding joint on your axle, all tho you would have to make it so it doesn't bind(maybe some derlin to ride on?also you would need to put more ange on the last link so it would actually slide instead of creating a bind pint

P1010003-5.jpg

Bagged- that pic helped alot. Gonna have to stare at it awhile longer:D

Lynch- the axle will have 2 bags. Im just doing the DS 1st.

no problem man, i like to think lol, i never stop once i start thinking about and idea....if you want to chit chat just hit me up!