PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it is gonna be cool. I was just hoping it was gonna be some Ratsun tail that comes out the back of the truck and drags and makes sparks. :D

Trust me the steel welded to the frame will be a good spark provider:D

Got a few more parts welded in. One of the other bag mounts & a brace.

4-7-09Rbars.jpg

• 1 month later...

Kicked ass today. Got the old lower bag mounts cut off the old metal & ready to use again, cut off the bars i welded on, & got both upper & lower mounts welded in. Did a few test runs & im getting about 5 inches of lift which gets the frame about 3 inches off the ground.

P1010001-7.jpg

P1010003-7.jpg

lower mounts in place...

P1010004-6.jpg

P1010005-7.jpg

laid out....

P1010006-2.jpg

P1010008-2.jpg

aired up, but not all the way...

P1010010-1.jpg

P1010011-1.jpg

& i may have to shorten the mud flaps :blink:

P1010009-2.jpg

TY for the love :D Got the new [used] brake booster on this morning. & as i found out this one is 1 inch bigger in diameter & it barely clears the carb filter & clutch master...:rolleyes:

5-26-09newbooster.jpg

5-26-09newbooster2.jpg

I polished the alluminum then clear coated it so hopefully it stays shiny for a long time.

TY for the love :D Got the new [used] brake booster on this morning. & as i found out this one is 1 inch bigger in diameter & it barely clears the carb filter & clutch master...:rolleyes:

5-26-09newbooster.jpg

5-26-09newbooster2.jpg

I polished the alluminum then clear coated it so hopefully it stays shiny for a long time.

BASTARD!!!!!! I'm doing that with mine too, I started yesterday with my NOS one after I found my dremel. Every time I think about doing something you do the same thing without me ever posting it, lol. I had no plans of clear coating it afterwards, but that DOES make sense.

Not much to report but here goes. Got the rest of the un-needed bars cut off, heim joint brackets welded to the axle, upper & lower bag mounts welded in & 1 part of the wishbone partially made...

5-31-09rsetup.jpg

5-31-09rsetup2.jpg

the bar will run under the other, ill have to "notch" it for clearence. More delays..oh boy :rolleyes:...

5-31-09pumpkinbrackets.jpg

^^ you are correct i could. The way it is now im getting about 5 inches of lift which puts the frame 3 1/2 inches off the ground at the back of the cab. For me thats plenty enough to get out of my driveway;) I just wanna drive the beast, last year it sat WAY too long undriven.

hey thats cool, was mostly just wondering... I have never built my own air setup YET, but have studied them for almost 10 years, and I've designed my own "revolver" style 4link that I'd like to build someday. I finally got my welder this year so hopefully that someday will be sooner than later.

I love watching your progress though, its inspiring! :D