PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

I have wondered about using a section of exhaust tubing to make the fillers out of. But that means cutting a very straight cut in the pipe for six feet. Guessing that about a three inch pipe would do the trick. Maybe a little too thick of metal to work with though.

Jason

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if they bolted on i would be much happier with them. the fact that they are so shitty and come on, you know they are (folded sheet metal? c'mon) makes them kinda useless for anything big to be moved. and i know there will be 123420938 pictures with "big" shit loaded in them, but i wouldnt trust them... my 2 pennies

I have wondered about using a section of exhaust tubing to make the fillers out of. But that means cutting a very straight cut in the pipe for six feet. Guessing that about a three inch pipe would do the trick. Maybe a little too thick of metal to work with though.

Jason

I had that thought also & ya came to the same conclusion..cutting it straight for 74 inches would be a b*#th :rolleyes: The ones we plan on making for Guy's 620 will be cut on a shear & then rolled on a machine. A perfect cut & perfect curve will eliminate alot of body filler. Steroid did inspire me yesterday to do 2 things..install a overflow tank for the radiator & make a battery hold down & ditch the bungee cords:lol: I used some flat stock & welded bolts to the ends...

10-3batteryholddown.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Allright as of 4 days ago i now have all of the old 2 link removed & now begins the design & buildup of a new rear suspension. I have a few designs in mind but need to plan it out. The bed will come off this time & the gas tank will get raised too. Ill have teardown pics soon...;)

Ya prob gonna go 3 link just to keep it basic. Or im considering a cantilever design that will also allow me to keep my gas tank in the stock location. But like all things it boils down to $$$ & how soon do i wanna get her back on the road.

Bags on bars is a longshot but you never know. Im using the stock front leaf spring mounts as the new front bar mounts. I just cut, trimmed & welded them farther back & above the lowest part of the frame :cool:

10-21Fbartabs.jpg

10-21PSFbartabs.jpg

10-21DSFbartabs.jpg

& shortened the rear gas tank mount 1 inch which should get it above the frame...

10-21newgastankmount.jpg

I like to re-use / modify the stock parts if you cant tell :D

Another productive day. I made all 4 tabs for the lower bars........

10-22axletabs.jpg

clamped in place..........

10-22axletabs2.jpg

& welded / painted.......

10-22axletabs3.jpg

Also made the tabs for the wishbone on the axle side. Next step is to buy the tubing & make the bars. Oh heres how packed my garage is :lol:

10-22garage.jpg