PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok..got the wheel wells trimmed out. Still have a bit more to cut out..the tires will go up another inch when i do...

11-19wwellscut.jpg

check the mud flap...it used to barely touch the ground & now it'll probably shorten itself in time...

11-19flapbelowtire.jpg

picture the rim 1 inch higher up in this pic...

11-19sideshot.jpg

bought some grd. 8 bolts & spacers for the heims today too instead of washers...will be very strong :cool:

If you make your own, you make the bars fit the truck, if you buy a set you make your truck fit the bars... OR you modify a $250+ set of bars...

Well said. I can get DOM round tubing for roughly $8 a foot. I probably paid too much for the heims & bungs but i wanted the strongest part possible & was tired of driving around town looking for them. Got em from a local buggy shop..if they only knew they were goin on a 620 ;)

I made my own for my mazda, and they were bag on bars. SSD.com will build custom length bars, so there goes the entire build the truck to the bars. I used the round bar ends of SSD.COM that came with the bushings. They where non-adjustable square lowers. They sell what you need to make adjustable bars also, or you could tap the round bar to accept the adjustable ends.

Keep up the good work PCD.

Gonna be RAD :D. My brother did a side tilt on his 620 back in 1987... He used a 12v tire pump and a air shock, LOL, it as slow but worked.

The wheels sure look better tuckin.

Ssd might make custom length bars but you pay way more than building them, you'd probably save time making them youself as well... Ssd isn't gonna put rush on them