What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dude you're a mad scientist! looks killer.

im curious on the placement of the lower shock mount. also, is the shock inverted for that whole less un-sprung weight reason?

Thanks man, the shocks are mounted to the lower link arms purely for convince but additionally for function. I've inverted the shock to reduce the angle change at the less flexible eye end as the angle of the lower arm changes ten degrees in the travel. The stud end is better suited to accommodate this change. In addition, the exhaust will run under the diff past what would be the shock body much closer if I hadn't inverted it, leaving the dampener prone to heat soak on hot days and on long trips. The location in front of the axle allowed a better, more vertical shock arrangement in a shorter body shock. Not pictured is the upper mount that is bolt on in the original location.

My goal in this was to link, bag and lay out the car while staying entirely bellow the stock floor. What you see does this quite well :)

• Like 3

Reinstalled the crossmember and replaced the open diff with an LSD unit.

lsd%20rear.jpeg

How do those things ride???

Nice, I dig the ground control upside down coil overs, that's what I'm planning on using. It's Damn cool I have T3 and Ground Control within 20 minutes, I can go pick stuff up to save on shipping.

Dose it make difference with him running them like this, on the fence about them I want to purchase rear coilovers and msy go with gc for the price and get better ones later

• Like 1

Started to clean up the 240Z steering wheel. The first two pics I knocked off some of the rust still have more to do on that later before I can paint the metal part black and put some finish on the outer wood type ring.

65D8B6E9-8E48-44F6-996F-FB1021E62B20.jpg

1CA0F128-4559-463D-A276-ADF5A445A42C.jpg

Glued a couple cracks on the horn pad. Probably can't see them and I won't know if it will hold but it should work.

FF0F380A-5E65-47FB-85DF-96BE3CE1B3FD.jpg

And took apart the section that holds the horn pad but still have more to do. Just hope that rounded wire thing does not break.

D909F27D-3324-468F-A1B9-61CEC0F3FAAF.jpg

• Like 1

I could probably get the top of a 15" wheel to the wheel arch with out much issue.

IMG_20140606_195311_611_zps4zbts2sd.jpg

Can go at least an inch lower than that if we remember right.

Good to know, debating on GC because the price or t3 because I could run them for a long time. Any idea on the lowering difference between the two?

With the fronts its all in your strut length and where you weld the collar on. I don't know about the rear compared to the t3. I do know that the GC kit uses a pillow ball top hat instead of a roller bearing which is a lot better. When I bought my GC kit (almost 7 years ago now) it came with everything accept the front strut housings, if you're going with a full kit its a good way to go in my opinion.

Didn't do anything on the 510 today but Saturday I drilled the socket head cap screws that came with my Ermish rear CV axles so I can safety wire them once they get installed after I return from Cali. Then I'll do a string alignment with my newly installed FutoFab adjustable T/C Rods and ready it for the drive to King, North Carolina, then to Summit Point Raceway West Virginia for the East Coast 510 meet weekend of May16th.

• Like 1

Lots of work, polished back up the valve cover , and the paint. Just need to clean the glass and polish up the chrome and finish cleaning back up the interior and shes ready for spring :)

Always love seeing this pure stocker. 'Almost' makes me want to keep my wagon 100% stock.

• Like 1