What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those lights are meant to be spot lights. The glass isn't cut to direct light, so it's just going to make a huge ball of light and make oncoming traffic pissed.

I know. 

Fortunately for the people around me I don't turn my highs off when Im almost in front of you.  If I can see your headlights coming around the corner/over the hill, I turn mine off.

I chose this bulb because of the non rippled/smooth reflector and clear glass to better match the passenger side intake horn.  Purely cosmetic :)

I'll tell you what though,  its friggin bright!

It is a replacement bulb for a police spot light, which as far as ive ever seen, throws a damn near unobstructed straight beam towards whatever.

As I am Datsun noob, I didn't know that part existed!

Are they common, or hens teeth.  I wanteee.

I guess it would be refered to as the steering column cover?

Hens teeth. But I have a couple of them. I will sell one. PM me

Picked up what was left of a 2 door dime and dragged it home. This cars life ended with a spin out and LH rear corner impact. We were able to salvage a few pieces.

9692F061-E9DF-49C9-ACFF-DDBE1CAA5D7B_zps

Cut it up in the back of the truck

672B5447-849F-444C-AEBF-21E00B1161C1_zps

Not a perfect piece, but still usable

8D2534D2-16F2-4496-B2E7-26DFD9B02019_zps

What was left

1ED9ABCD-BCEF-4C76-8AC5-AF5E9F2357EE_zps

The carnage

0AF46553-F42E-4855-AD09-2F12EA748BA2_zps

• Like 1

Sitting here in Fla. thinking about mt 510's, feeling Busts Nut's pain in the motor. I wish I had a rack to lift my cars up to work on. Can't wate to get back to the house and get that 240z steering wheel cleaned up to put on my 72/510.IMG_20141202_093407_1.jpg

And I whent for the cheep seats to put in my 71/510 as well. IMG_20141208_123906.jpg

I will not be driving it every day and I'm not to big so they will work till I find some better ones.just want to sit a little lower in the car. IMG_20141130_131757.jpg

Now that it's gitting colder I'll just have to pull out the rear crossmember that's on the floor from the blue 510 that's apart and clean it up and finish the old school adjustment mods (camber and caster). And get a set of stock front struts I have the purch cut off of shortened. maybe this next year I will actuly get her lowered some and put some different rims and tires on her.

This was that silver tach for sale a couple of months ago.

Another project down!

16032312705_81a4b78829_c.jpg

The few touch up spots in black cant been seen under the cluster lens/cover.

It would take a true enthusiast to notice anything was amiss!

(the white spots in the red are just the flash.  its perfect, shut up).

• Like 1

DROVE IT for the first time with the SR20det swap. 

It's running pretty lean right now (per the burning in my eyes, and also the wideband O2 sensor), so my first guess is a vacuum leak. I'll have to buy a cigar or two and see if I can smoke it out. The alternator isn't hooked up, so it's also possible that I'm getting a little low on voltage, which could be slowing down the fuel pump. And... I suppose if I have an exhaust leak before the stock O2 sensor, I might be throwing off the signal there... but it's running lean even if I unplug the stock O2 sensor, so I don't think that's it.

So, tomorrow's project, in order of importance:

1. Smoke out any possible vacuum leaks

2. Hook up the alternator

3. Read the voltage from my fuel pressure sensor so I can make sure it's getting enough fuel regardless of voltage at the pump.

Anything else I could be missing?