• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

The joy, the joy...

7483031C-4E10-4891-B72A-0472CF7D0AF5_zps

Put the fresh air vents back in. Scraped off all the old foam for the duct to seal on the cowling, and used silicone caulking to seal them (no leaks hopefully). Also made new foam flap seals so everything's nice and tight. Actually feels like AC at freeway speed even in 80 degree weather. Air doesn't do much at street speed; ~45. I drive with the windows down on the street anyway. I need to put some type of screen somewhere so debris doesn't fly in.

I need to put some type of screen somewhere so debris doesn't fly in.

If you currently have all the debris out, you can remove the wiper cowl panel and attach some window screen mesh to the back side of it? I've done this on a few 510s and it definitely keeps the leaves and debris out.  :thumbup:

The joy, the joy...

7483031C-4E10-4891-B72A-0472CF7D0AF5_zps

Put the fresh air vents back in. Scraped off all the old foam for the duct to seal on the cowling, and used silicone caulking to seal them (no leaks hopefully). Also made new foam flap seals so everything's nice and tight. Actually feels like AC at freeway speed even in 80 degree weather. Air doesn't do much at street speed; ~45. I drive with the windows down on the street anyway. I need to put some type of screen somewhere so debris doesn't fly in.

Interesting wheel you got

If you currently have all the debris out, you can remove the wiper cowl panel and attach some window screen mesh to the back side of it? I've done this on a few 510s and it definitely keeps the leaves and debris out.  :thumbup:

I've seen that too. I don't have any window screen, unless I sacrifice the screen door. I thought about landscape fabric too since I have some. It's black and tighter woven, but it'll still breathe.

Interesting wheel you got

It's the Momo that's been in there for 20 years. I made the wood ring in woodshop last year. Looked tits when it was done, but cracked the first day it was in the hot car. Wood shrunk and cracked. I need to get a new one. This scares me a little under hard turning.

Back at the building. Filled it with gas and plan to drive it about 50 miles round trip. going to see a friend down the way. Had to spend $300. To get the Cuda working now getting a starter put on so that it should not be an issue to put it out so I can get the 510's out and run them all more often.IMG_20141011_100429.jpg