What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

Filler.........

Did my dist gasket a week ago and drove it over 7hrs (both ways) to The Keepers place this weekend........

not a single drop.......

IMG_8069_zpsc06243ec.jpg

IMG_8151_zps77a73c2b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMG_20140710_072133_zpsvojy73et.jpg

Pulled the head off to find out why it was leaking water out the side of the block. After checking everything. We figured out that the builder of the motor didn't install the ARP bolts properly. They came loose. So we are going to check everything again and re install the head.

IMG_20140710_072133_zpsvojy73et.jpg

Pulled the head off to find out why it was leaking water out the side of the block. After checking everything. We figured out that the builder of the motor didn't install the ARP bolts properly. They came loose. So we are going to check everything again and re install the head.

Another fine motor built by Datsun parts LLC and re done by R rated motorsports when it was leaking the first time. good job whats there number again i need another motor built.

• Like 1

Another fine motor built by Datsun parts LLC and re done by R rated motorsports when it was leaking the first time. good job whats there number again i need another motor built.

wow that motor has like 1000 miles on it 

Strangely enough I have never had bad bp steer and I don't run spacers, even when my car was lower than it is now it wasnt very bad, just lucky I guess

Really well then I'd have to say either it's not low enough to cause bump steer or you've really not pushed it hard through a tun with a good bump. Bump Steer, One of those geometry swings with pucker power.

Holy Crap!!! that's a first. Whay are you running a 572cuin? 8>)

HA! Just a Nissan 4 cyl... ;)

Usually the u joint starts to squeak before it gives up not the splined part Ray ,what size were the tires and what gears did this .I want to run my near stocker with boost at 10 for the day and take to Fontana 1/4.

225/45 BFG Rival with 3.9 CLSD.  It was the wheelhop that killed it...

Really well then I'd have to say either it's not low enough to cause bump steer or you've really not pushed it hard through a tun with a good bump. Bump Steer, One of those geometry swings with pucker power.

Its plenty low and its stiff enough that when I'm in a turn with a bump a tire or two comes off the ground (now that shit will get the oucker going), I dont have a real problem with it because the car is setup properly (for me that is)

Finished my speaker box, may go back and redo the face plate since it's a little asymmetrical around the tunnel. Also needs to be covered, most likely with carpet. 

IMG_0736_zpsec4e4716.jpg

IMG_0737_zps7a040096.jpg

Iphone audio doesn't really do it justice, but it's pretty amazing how much a little resonating space will help bass noise. 

http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/Son_of_a_Datsun_Guy/media/Project%20car_1972%20Datusn%20510%20Wagon/1258773F-AFB2-4186-97AD-E35A68871C11_zpszxrot1gf.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

wow that motor has like 1000 miles on it 

Pretty poor build on that motor. They used ARP head studs, But I don't think they installed them right. 4 of them were VERY loose when we got the head off. Good news is no damage to the motor or the head. Did a little port on it and re installed.