What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only if you leave the keys also. lol. I just need to convince the wife I need to fill it up with a couple more of my own Datsuns. And need to start saving for the lift and planning out the work area.

Ooooo a lift.....I'm definitely going to come over and play at your house

You should have someone build a garage on your property and not tell you about it.. I think that is the only way to have a clean organized garage,,, ever.

What i did to the 510 was

We searched around for the battery and installed it then spread mats on rear seat to load stinky dog in back so i could drive Uberkevin home yesterday.

• Like 1

When you gonna wax that thing?!? ^_^

Ya you right. That's the problem with working out of town and having to many cars to keep going. It's been down for a while and just changed it to a stick. But recently she's been running very well. I'm just glad at the moment to drive her while she's running good. It really needs a real paint job. But I will put some wax on her in the near future.

What did you use to make the bushings?

Well, I didn't necessarily make them, I just worked with an eight pack of store bought brass door bushings. I used the smallest diameter ones, cut a slot in them with a hacksaw, pinched them together, and pressed them in with a vice. It takes two packs to repair one door set. Two bushings I had, and I had to buy another pack to complete it. I'm sure you could find them individually for cheaper if you're doing a whole car.

I made brass shifter bushings using the same method.

Well, I didn't necessarily make them, I just worked with an eight pack of store bought brass door bushings. I used the smallest diameter ones, cut a slot in them with a hacksaw, pinched them together, and pressed them in with a vice. It takes two packs to repair one door set. Two bushings I had, and I had to buy another pack to complete it. I'm sure you could find them individually for cheaper if you're doing a whole car.

I made brass shifter bushings using the same method.

Good idea thanks.