Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Added a retro sound stereo system.

Not wired up yet, but the hard part is done. Made a bar above the push buttons and added the Datsun logo to mimic the nos am radio.

16383269935_b3c5b16ba6_c.jpg

bent the original mounting spot down and made an L brace to attach the new radio to the new bent mounting spot

16382351172_5501d5b1c0_c.jpg

16381525131_a6889f13e3_c.jpg

• Like 2

Added a retro sound stereo system.

Not wired up yet, but the hard part is done. Made a bar above the push buttons and added the Datsun logo to mimic the nos am radio.

16383269935_b3c5b16ba6_c.jpg

bent the original mounting spot down and made an L brace to attach the new radio to the new bent mounting spot

16382351172_5501d5b1c0_c.jpg

16381525131_a6889f13e3_c.jpg

let me know how well that thing works. I got one sitting in little miss for install when I get around to interior

Will do.

Have two 6" in the rear deck and two 3.5" in the org front speaker spot.  Also have a slim under seat 8" powered sub going under the drives seat.

Goal is to be up and running by spring/April, so hopefully will update then.

• Like 1

Painted my sway bars with some satin olive green I had left over front the front suspension. I had just sprayed the bar, so the paints still wet, then my dog decides to jump through the bar hanging off the already unstable 2x4 like a fucking circus animal... TWICE. Wiped off a huge spot of paint and left hair all over it. I was more than pissed. I didn't even clean it up; just painted over the hair.

stupid bitch.

I took the dog for a ride to get him more used to the car, he rides fine, just doesn't like the noise it makes. He better get more comfortable before Shasta.

I also got the dash lights working better, high beam indicator works perfectly now. The PO must've rode the damn short bus, he gave it to the wiring like it was the prom queen.

Pulled the non working fuel/temp gauges thinking the v regulator was busted, hooked the +/- contacts to the battery terminals and grounded the sender contacts...both gauges pegged. So I ran a long wire from the fuel sender and it showed near half a tank which is about what I figured was in the tank. I ran wire from temp sender and it registered but read way off, probably due to the aftermarket sender. So all that was left was cleaning all the contacts on the gauge cluster and replacing all the lights while I was at it, put the cluster back in and the gas gauge works now and the charge light now works too.

Worked on the 70/510 the one way in the back corner trying to get the funk out the fuel. Used this stuff called sea foam mixed in with the gas. Seems to be working on the other cars I used it in.

5B384BE8-DCC2-4336-8B99-0AD8EB926353.jpg

085C03D0-734A-45E4-B437-6DFADB6CEE1E.jpg

Then put the 72/510 in for the evening.

73A638BB-A8BB-4876-8B13-71CE4CCCDF45.jpg

A3F2DC73-E1A2-4016-9074-A32D48355B01.jpg

Now to get some more gas in the 70/510 tomorrow and get it fired up.

• Like 1

Hells yeah! Seafoam for the win. When my 510 sat for a few years the carbs got pretty varnished so I put that shit in at 2x strength and ran it hard down the freeway. It would barely pull at first but then it backfired and pulled hard to redline like the gunk got pulled through or something.

Yea so far the 72/510 is running great just trying to keep running it and the others due to the same problem from sitting when I was having seizures and then the storm back in 05. I was gone for a few months stuck out of town. Plus.taking the motor out and leaving it that way for a few years did not help the 72/510. But now she is running better and better.

Finally got my header to fit. The S13 header that came with my engine was a standard 2-1 and there was no way it would go past the steering box.

I cut the tubes just  below where the collectors come together

header2.jpeg

I had to remove the studs from the head, but it fit, although I had to massage a couple of spots by the steering box, I've got about 1/4" of room.

header4.jpeg

II had an exhaust shop expand two pieces of 1.75" od stainless to slip onto the header. It's not as beat up as the picture looks.

header1.jpeg

I figure I'll weld these on one side, slide the bottom onto it from underneath, and attach them with springs like the joints on motorcycle headers. It tucks up nicely under the car after I removed the flange.

header5.jpeg

• Like 1