What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Installed new rear wheel cylinders the old ones were all busted, and new brake shoes. Now my hand brake works and I can stop a little better, now I need to do the fronts maybe tomorrow think I reached my limit of wrench time for the day old lady is a bit pissy lol 

• Like 1

Her springs were cut Waaay Too Low by the PO.

If you were singing along to some cheesy song on the Hwy. and hit a bump you would clack yer teeth together.

HAINZ, says I'm a Big Puss and spoiled cuz I'm used to, how newer car's ride. Lol

So Thanks Jeff !  / Hobbs-the-Cat. for the Fresh Rear springs.

510%20spring.jpg

Installed new rear wheel cylinders the old ones were all busted, and new brake shoes. Now my hand brake works and I can stop a little better, now I need to do the fronts maybe tomorrow think I reached my limit of wrench time for the day old lady is a bit pissy lol

Send her off to get a mani & pedi so you can do your own thing for a while lol

• Like 1

! OH HELL YES !

Why the fuck didn't I change the rear springs SOONER !

One of the previous Owners cut the rear springs really short for the, Tucked low Camber look.

I will trade performance for Low looks all day long.

It raised the rear 1.75 " . Hardly noticeable

The new springs give it fantastic weight transfer out of the hole . She takes off like a rocket.

and pucker up cornering, you better hang on ! 

I ordered '68 Camaro mirrors for it on Friday. Bent a new front hard line and bled the brakes on Bamboo, today. Thanks, Josh.

19041996021_354fd9381e_z.jpg

And primed the fuel pump and started the V8 car for the first time in a long time. Once I knew it would run, I put the half shafts back in it (not fun to push with the lsd)... and then the pump un-primed itself, again. I have to see if it's just old or if the location and push/pull are issues. I think it's just old and dried up.

19038856085_801173e8b1_z.jpg

• Like 1

Built my tow bar today. Fits like a glove. Then I used it to tow my car home from my buddies property. Worked prefect, towed beautifully. Before we left I loaded a 2wd 720 z22 engine with 5 speed trans into the cargo area and strapped it down. Pics to follow. Or maybe it's just time I start a build thread...

Built my tow bar today. Fits like a glove. Then I used it to tow my car home from my buddies property. Worked prefect, towed beautifully. Before we left I loaded a 2wd 720 z22 engine with 5 speed trans into the cargo area and strapped it down. Pics to follow. Or maybe it's just time I start a build thread...

Pics and build thread. Oh yeah!

Well got the 70 and 72 fired up and pulled out. Took the 70 for a ride to eat. Gonna fill it with some no ethanol gas and add a little more seafome. The car seems to be comming around. It is running way better at this moment. Next to get some new tires, I got insurence last week. The 72 has some rear break issues I have to look at.

63FCEA71-36E5-4CFA-BD08-AC29114AA785.jpg

E2308139-8185-4E4A-B9C9-EC2B0F26AEEA.jpg

1D5F5BF6-5C60-4C7D-A0A2-B83A89AAA1F8.jpg

• Like 1

At a friends apt visiting. I put some no ethanol gas in her, got to add some more saefome in her. She's running but not at 100% yet she's holding back some power. At least the issue of the funk clogging at the tank seems to not be happening lately. This is really making me happy.

0989875E-4C70-48B4-A35F-1DC4113447E2.jpg

Now I really need to give her a good cleaning up.

Found these I believe they are for a 68-69 lower control arm bushings. They sold me the wrong ones way back, I have a 70 and the others are 72's. There were 10 in the bag I have 2 more here somewhere. Should be enough for three 68-69 cars. I wish I had more info back then.

840DFEFF-3272-453C-A502-48F807CE52D1.jpg

Found these I believe they are for a 68-69 lower control arm bushings. They sold me the wrong ones way back, I have a 70 and the others are 72's. There were 10 in the bag I have 2 more here somewhere. Should be enough for three 68-69 cars. I wish I had more info back then.

840DFEFF-3272-453C-A502-48F807CE52D1.jpg

Confirmed they are early style. Need to unload?

Confirmed they are early style. Need to unload?

I do not see myself using them for sure. I could use a set of stock seat belts for the front seats because the old lady who I got the 70/510 cut them out of the car. I think I still have the shoulder belts but that's it. And I do not think the 70/510 uses those bushings.