What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oakland! See you at the games stupid_fast.

Is that a new or used mirror?

I put some rotas on the dime yesterday. Also swapped out all the bent trim around the grill opening,straightened the core support somewhat and put on the bluebird grill today. I want to put in my new seats but the old lady is pissed already.

Oakland! See you at the games stupid_fast.

Is that a new or used mirror?

I put some rotas on the dime yesterday. Also swapped out all the bent trim around the grill opening,straightened the core support somewhat and put on the bluebird grill today. I want to put in my new seats but the old lady is pissed already.

Games? Judging by your avatar I think you mean football. Sadly I'm not much into sports. :P

Also my Datsun has no engine in it. laugh.gif

The mirror is new.

those are new mirrors from Thailand. they are not nos but close to the originals.

i bought one just for the mirror part and attached it to the original arm so it

looks like brand new nos.

Didn't know this, still it looks very close to the original IMO its very nice, dimensions are perfect fit to see out the whole back window. :D

I kinda feel stupid sitting in the driver seat adjusting my mirror when there is no engine in the car... sad.gif

Games? Judging by your avatar I think you mean football. Sadly I'm not much into sports. :P

Also my Datsun has no engine in it. laugh.gif

The mirror is new.

Didn't know this, still it looks very close to the original IMO its very nice, dimensions are perfect fit to see out the whole back window. :D

I kinda feel stupid sitting in the driver seat adjusting my mirror when there is no engine in the car... sad.gif

Just make engine noises, it's what I do. Every now and then even add a chirping tire going into second and don't for get the psssshh of the BOV. :lol:

Got my brake lights and horn working, don't ask me why, but they are working now I rechecked the fuse, I missed that it was blown

washed, vacuum, wiped down, cleaned the contacts on the sending unit, gas gauge works again! polished some of the trim, took tail lights out and cleaned them up. Once i get the new trans from datto510 i will wire in the reverse lights so those work.

Hopefully next i will pull my gauge cluster out and replace all the lights with LED's.

The wife and I drove the white knight to Las Vegas 20 hours on the road, left arm is red and burnt. Took the scenic drive on the way down, but We made great time home. I wanted a pic of the car in front of the welcome to Las Vegas sign, but it is a busy road (signs in the middle)

DSCN2124.jpg

So my old man brought over his rig and we welded up my intercooler piping for my 510.

SU1HMDAzNjAtMjAxMDA4MjItMTcxMi5qcGc.jpg

test fitting then cutting the intake manifold side pipe

SU1HMDAzNTktMjAxMDA4MjItMTUxOS5qcGc.jpg

the final intake manifold pipe after 2hrs worth of work

SU1HMDAzNjMtMjAxMDA4MjItMjIzOC5qcGc.jpg

the turbo side piping

SU1HMDAzMTMtMjAxMDA4MjAtMDY1OC5qcGc.jpg custom downpipe n 3in exaust comin soon

You should get the djetro setup it converts to map and gets rid of that ugly mass air

unbolted the steering box and all the stock turd ass steering to make way for the 240z crossmember and rack and pinion thanks Randy!

how does that swap go? is there a thread on this,so i can research it? i've wanted a 510 ever since i was a little kid. as a teenager i was given the impression they handled good(maybe that was compared to our big domestic land yachts! ). mine doesn't live up to the expectations i had. it steers heavy,WAY heavy! i do have 200sx rims and tires on it,and it's a Goon,but still I'd like it to handle and steer faster/lighter/BETTER. If the rack & pinion steering can be swapped in (bolted in,that is) i'd love to know how so i can do it. i have to look for a Z 5 speed for the car anyway,since the syncros are going bad in my current 5 speed. maybe i should look for a Z parts car so i can pull the front suspension and steering rack,etc also. if anyone has info about this ,please let me know how it's done. thanks! -Loren

how does that swap go? is there a thread on this,so i can research it? i've wanted a 510 ever since i was a little kid. as a teenager i was given the impression they handled good(maybe that was compared to our big domestic land yachts! ). mine doesn't live up to the expectations i had. it steers heavy,WAY heavy! i do have 200sx rims and tires on it,and it's a Goon,but still I'd like it to handle and steer faster/lighter/BETTER. If the rack & pinion steering can be swapped in (bolted in,that is) i'd love to know how so i can do it. i have to look for a Z 5 speed for the car anyway,since the syncros are going bad in my current 5 speed. maybe i should look for a Z parts car so i can pull the front suspension and steering rack,etc also. if anyone has info about this ,please let me know how it's done. thanks! -Loren

Well, a two door and even a four door will handle a bit better than a wagon with the extra weight on the rear and a solid rear axle compared to the IRS in the sedans. This might be why you have always heard that a 510 handles better and I bet you never heard that about the wagons.

You can make it handle better by lowering the stance, getting a better sway bar for the front and one for the rear and learning to toss the weight around on a wagon. You don't have to get a rack and pinion, that does nothing for handling!! Only for steering response! And don't worry about rims as long as you have some nice grippy tires. And shocks, get some good shocks!

Also, it also helps if your suspension is nice and tight with no worn out pieces here and there.

Heres the link to the post:

http://www.datsuns.com/Tech/510/rack-n-pinion/510_rack_conversion.htm

thanks for the response guys! i'm not looking for a full race setup,just accurate steering,with a "lighter" feel than say, my wife's '76 Ford f150 4x4! my goon's steering just feels way heavy to me. then again i'm used to rack & pinion,power steering,or a combination of the two. I'm going to look into rebuilding the stock stuff,with either 280z struts,or 200sx struts,with the 510 spring perch, that way i can lower the car some,but also get bigger brakes. once I get that done,replacing any worn out parts along the way,and some better sway bars hopefully the car will handle better,and not feel like i'm pushing a shopping cart through the sand at the beach! at least the car goes in the direction it's pointed,and doesn't pull one way or the other. I don't think it's damaged, just steers heavy and slow. i have dreams of doing a vg30 swap like in my friend Dave's goon some time in the future,maybe the cross member swap will seem less extreme then.(i followed the link 71 dime posted. thank you! looks like I need to learn how to weld first.)