What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I fixed my heater valve sort of, at least as good as it is going to get till I get some foam and tear the heater apart to re-seal. I also figured out why my wipers did not work, I need to work the motor over, or replace with a 626 wiper motor, and the wiper pivots are frozen, I'll start on them tomorrow.

Also found my oil leak, need to get the right adapter for the oil pressure line

Anybody know what the block side threads are for the oil pressure gauge? 1/8BSP?

Well, I rebuilt my wiper motor, and fixed the hacked wiring, it comes on and off with the switch, and parks like it is supposed to. Now I just have to find some new wiper pivots or get mine to free up, got them soaking in my oil drain pan right now.

Going to start on the trunk repair tomorrow, the 510 got in a fight with my bronco over the winter and lost. :(

I've gotta undo some of my "this is only temporary" setups. since the car isn't turning over, I'm gonna start with the wiring. I need to do it properly (which means the first time I have to figure out how to do it, so I can redo it again)

here's the new KA wiring that I'm doing on the car. its the first time I crimped these D type connectors, so I'm probably going to buy another to redo it. haha

2010-03-20%2023.57.05.jpg

I ran out of relay harnesses, so you'll have to use your imagination. there's another one thats going to be plugged in, I'm gonna wire the fuel pump relay closer to the pump.

Finally addressed the low rear end on my 510. I pulled the rear springs and installed a new set of tall isolators, and used the tops of the old isolators (which weren't as bad as I thought they were) as spacers.

Before:

20100227_side_01.jpg

After:

20100320_raised_01.jpg

From the rockers to the ground, it's pretty close to being level from front to back:

20100320_raised_02.jpg

I know that some people like the slammed look, but I didn't like how low the rear was. I think it looks much better now.

Finally addressed the low rear end on my 510. I pulled the rear springs and installed a new set of tall isolators, and used the tops of the old isolators (which weren't as bad as I thought they were) as spacers.

Before:

20100227_side_01.jpg

After:

20100320_raised_01.jpg

From the rockers to the ground, it's pretty close to being level from front to back:

20100320_raised_02.jpg

I know that some people like the slammed look, but I didn't like how low the rear was. I think it looks much better now.

i like the color of youre driver door. also your wheels!

i stuck a grease gun to all the grease nipples in the front end. dont forget to grease youre front end every once in a while.

I've gotta undo some of my "this is only temporary" setups. since the car isn't turning over, I'm gonna start with the wiring. I need to do it properly (which means the first time I have to figure out how to do it, so I can redo it again)

here's the new KA wiring that I'm doing on the car. its the first time I crimped these D type connectors, so I'm probably going to buy another to redo it. haha

2010-03-20%2023.57.05.jpg

I ran out of relay harnesses, so you'll have to use your imagination. there's another one thats going to be plugged in, I'm gonna wire the fuel pump relay closer to the pump.

haha how many times have you rewired the ka?

im in the same process too. my first harness was crap. was temporary. been driving on it for over a year. time for a change!

haha how many times have you rewired the ka?

im in the same process too. my first harness was crap. was temporary. been driving on it for over a year. time for a change!

I do it out of necessity, I fucked something up and it wont start now.