What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

Today I finally got my subi LSD and installed it!!!!! Yay.........it was a mini mother fucker at first since I had the jackstands on the crossmember and didnt realize that was why the new diff wouldnt slide in.....f@#k took me a hour or so and a phone call to Jeff to realize why............:) But im glad its done. Fuel system and LSD done in two days.........makin progress

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i finally killed the LZ24 this weekend after ~200mi through the cyns and a day in helLA w/my friend from TX.

after i dropped him off @ LAX i thought id take it easy along PCH... but the blacked out BMW w/Dubai plates wasnt having any of that :unsure:

maybe it was the smoke screen??? :blink: :cough: :blink:

so i thought i lose him in the cyns... and i did! :fu:

back onto the 101 and about 20 min later i pass him going down the conejo grade :eek: wish i could see whoevers face(s) were in the car.

he caught right back up to me :rollseyes:

about 20 min of playing, i heard a funny POP! :confused: odd??? (ended up being the dipstik getting ejected!)

keep driving and a few minutes later, bad smoke filling the car.

made it to the offramp and barely limped home in a huge cloud of smoke.

no compression in #2, guess the rings finally let go :mellow:

guess im rebuilding sooner than expected... :fu:

Dubai plates like Dubai dubai?

What are you doing for a rebuild?

not double dubai :lol: , but yeah the UAE country. arabic writing and all.

no idea who was inside, but they wanted to play :cool:

i had ZERO chance keeping on the straights :lol: vice versa in the cyn! :w00t:

just rebuilding the bottom end. is the ONLY thing not replaced since ive owned it.

ive procrastinated long enough. im calling it incentive to get the goon out of the garage(i got one them now!)

hainz: cover off, valves both open and close, didnt check lash but the arm had some movement.

plug was fouled.

def overpressurized! LMAO when i saw the dipstick wedged against the wiper motor (its on that side!) still barely in the tube, :cursing: mess too!

then it took a :cursing: hour to find my stash of VC gaskets! i hate moving!

the rings have been bad for LONG time... over a year.

Edited by hang_510

(yesterday) finally got my flashed ECU back and the car runs a lot better for sure, no more fouling cyl 1 instantly and it revs up no problem. Now just need to figure out why it is a complete bitch to cold start.. I think it is to do with a specific wire I read up about so going to try and rectify the situation today

I've been waiting a long time to join this thread. My '72 4-dr blew the head gasket 2 years ago, and with one thing and another has been dead since. Just this afternoon, I dropped a used L20b in the car. I first tried it with the dogleg bolted on, but it wasn't going in well that way, so I got impatient and yanked the tranny off, then dropped the engine in. Probably tomorrow when I try to stick the trans back on the engine from under the car, I'll be sorry I separated them, but tonight I'm pretty happy. I'm thinking I should leave the motor mount bolts loose, or just one bolt on each side, and raise the front of the engine a bit so there is more room for the bell housing to clear the firewall when I stick the trans up there. Good idea, or does it work just as well to bolt the motor mounts down tight?

I can see a couple of dozen different things to hook up or install before I have a running car, but seeing the engine in there makes it seem possible I'll be driving it again before long. Then I can start looking for better seats, struts, etc. - all the fun stuff.

Len