What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I replaced my 8" GC coilover springs with 7" to get the front lower, replaced my stock rear shocks with KYB gasadjusts, removed my bumpstops in the rear and bolted my cage down. I also put money down on a subi LSD and money down on my VG oil pan and pick up. Man I cant wait!!!!!

Oh and used a California duster to get all the dam dust off my poor car!

Today i installed the drive shaft, mounted the slave cylender, i installed a 1in front sway bar, tightened misc bolts , mounted all the relays,and started plugig the wireing harnes up motor turns by key but slowly and i hope to pick up the coil tomorrow.. i hope i can start it finaly, and last but not least i mocked up the air damn its comming together....

today i hit the junk yard and picked up a gear reduction starter, i picked up an accel coil wired it up and installed the dist tried to start the car but timing was off so i dropped the oil pump set the timing but its still off by a hair so i took the 10mm bolt off so i can see how far off the timing is but it started loud as hell with no exhaust just short header but those 44mm mikuni carbs sure sound good.... I will be down in mission valley soon

Edited by bigjoe619

Pulled the alternator. The internal voltage regulator puked, causing the voltage to jump past 18+ volts. No good. Fortunately (or unfortunately,depending on how you feel about this), my alternator has an Autozone lifetime warranty, so I'm getting a new one tomorrow at no cost.

Because Autozone alternators aren't known to be the most reliable, I think I might wire in an external voltage regulator as an emergency backup, so that if the next alternator fails, I can toggle over to the back up voltage regulator (kind of a manual "limp mode" for the car) and won't worry about toasting my battery while I'm driving home from a trip or something.

Installed the new alternator. And... I probably won't be driving it for a while, since we're packing up to move in 3 weeks, and it's probably best if I prioritize the packing and moving plans. I'll have the car on a flatbed trailer for the drive down. Maybe, just maybe, I'll make sure to pull the 510 off the trailer every rest stop we make, so I can say that I've driven my 510 through several different towns. ha.