What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally fixed my cooling system and realized that there's a LOT of smoke leaking out of the head gasket.. Starting to worry about the engine block on my poor wag0n.

EDIT: Hit Craigslist and inquired about a couple of other Datsuns in the area.. Not giving up on the goon, but keeping my options open.

Edited by wag0n

That would be an FIA L-series head! Is it the late or early one? I am gonna guess Early. If I remember right the late ones the ports were very close in size and those intakes look way bigger then the Exhausts.

Those are way cool, RARE and way Expensive. But are said too make lots of H.P.!

• Like 1

Early FIA head and I have a header for it. Should be interesting to see how it works on my LZ2300. The cam is a Chambers cam about 620 lift, a little bigger that the 585 lift cam in the car now. The car is a toy that has been driven occasionally on the street.

I received the new head for my LZ2300. I was just checking it out and figuring out what parts I still need.

Gonna replace the Electamotive head

149.jpg

with this

145-1.jpg

144.jpg

omfg them ports are huge:eek: what are you doing with the old head :D

I am keeping the other head, It came on a electramotive L20B race engine and the port work is great so it as a spare.

Seth

aw damn oh well looks trick anyway hoe much did the new head cost ya

I looked at pictures of mine today. It's still sitting in a field down at my Dad's house because it wont work properly.

Comply, I'm vaguely close to you, I'll come pick it up and drive it trailer it back to my house. You can mail me the title. :D

I've been too busy to work on my wagon lately, but I wanted to at least get it cleaned up a little before Blue Lake (I'll probably be the rattyest 510 there). I figured I would pull out the sheet metal on the dash and clean it up.

IMG_4759.jpg

I just did a quick scuff job with scotchbrite, and sprayed some zero rust. It mostly just had some light surface rust. I also scrubbed away the little line of rust they left on the windshield seal. It's one of those things that made a big improvement, and was really quick and easy.

Picked up a few small pieces for the dime today from the J/Y found a good vac. advance canister, grabbed a voltage regulator, and pulled an alternator off of a saturn, I threw the voltage regulator on so I can make it to blue lake, then when I have a little time I will swap in the saturn unit.

I also installed a voltmeter to have a better idea of what the charging system is doing.