15 minutes ago, paradime said:

The $40 bil is an aid package of:  

$6 billion to arm and train Ukrainian forces,

$8.7 billion to restore American stores of weapons shipped to Ukraine

$3.9 billion for U.S. forces deployed. 

$8.8 billion in economic support,

$4 billion to help finance arms and equipment purchases and,

$900 million for housing, education and other help for Ukrainian refugees in the U.S.

that's just one bill from us and its half of Russia's military budget.

How much are they getting from the World? and wouldn't it have been better to be prepared ahead of time we know its going to happen in Taiwan? Weakness begets aggression.

• Like 2
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, paradime said:

Okay fantom ghostwerx with 13 posts, without rewriting history, help me understand your gesture of surprise here.

Are you a passive isolationist who supports of Russian aggression? What do you think would happen if Putin occupied Ukraine, and how might that effect our global economic and security interests? If expansionism and military aggression are tolerated what might that mean for China/Taiwan, North/South Korea, Turkey/Greece tug of war over Cyprus, etc, etc? Would you agree that US $ spent on the CIA's Operation Cyclone (supplying weapons for Afghanistan to fend off their Russian invasion) had a huge influence on bringing down the Soviet Communist empire? With Putin's attempt to expand his empire back into a peaceful independent sovereign nation, is it really an evil deed to help Ukrainian's defend against his unprovoked "extreme violence"? Or is your "money being spent on evil deeds" line from Putin's speech during the WWII Victory Day celebration? Possibly harkening back to when Stalin claimed all of Eastern Europe as part of mother Russia, then slammed the Iron Curtain shut? 

Before parroting Russian propaganda like "278$ per tax payer" you should know, we put the $ sign before the number amount, and that we don't have a flat tax rate in America. So beyond the rhetorical connotation, the per tax payer math is meaningless. To protect my reputation as someone who'll beat a dead hose into hamburger, I'll continue.

The US Gov is projected to rake in $5.04 trillion in tax revenue this year. Russia's entire projected GDP for 2022 is 1.778 Billion. The US Congress approved a defense budget of $778 billion, and that figure doesn't include the NSA, HLS or national intel budgets.

I absolutely agree that our military industrial complex is WAY THE HELL out of control, and as a consequence, I believe we have blood on our hands. That said, in terms of a moral imperative, Russia has no outside military support for war. Besides the US, 32 other countries have donated military aid to Ukraine along with coordinated strategic sanctions, boycotts, and cyber-warfare. Ukraine's support comes from South East Asia, the UK and her affiliates, all EU (accept Switzerland), neighboring Northern and Eastern European countries. More than 100 public companies have taken actions to support Ukraine, 27 wealthy charities and other private philanthropic parties. Hunter didn't kick in though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_aid_to_Ukraine_during_the_Russo-Ukrainian_War

It's yet to be seen if our $40 billion "total aid package" will be a good investment, but clearly it's in America's best interests to protect Ukrainian sovereignty, especially in that region. 

no matter how much political propaganda you reference  it will never make 2 wrongs a right. WOW is all I can say when I realize people in 2022 are still being tricked into believing immoral action is a viable solution to differences that could just as easily be resolved if the people in conflict took a moment to see the issues from the others perspective. also, I don't want to complicit by being forced to fund the uncivilized approaches to resolution. that's it, nothing less nothing more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, gh0stwerx76 said:

no matter how much political propaganda you reference  it will never make 2 wrongs a right. WOW is all I can say when I realize people in 2022 are still being tricked into believing immoral action is a viable solution to differences that could just as easily be resolved if the people in conflict took a moment to see the issues from the others perspective. also, I don't want to complicit by being forced to fund the uncivilized approaches to resolution. that's it, nothing less nothing more. 

Where are you posting from? Mars?

Peace in our time Memes - Imgflip

"Peace for our time" ....... Nevil Chamberlain. Who followed a policy of appeasement with Germany was at war and out of office in less than a year. Appeasement only makes you look weak to any aggressor. 

1 hour ago, gh0stwerx76 said:

I admire you ideals, but judging world leaders for not living up to your expectations is far from enlightened. Although you'd hope they would see the issues from the others perspective, that's unrealistic with a manipulative militaristic autocrat and a powerless corrupt little country stuck between a rock and a hard place. Now is not a time to bury our head in the sand and say it's not our problem..

Edited by paradime
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, paradime said:

I admire you ideals, but judging world leaders for not living up to your expectations is far from enlightened. Although you'd hope they would see the issues from the others perspective, that's unrealistic with a manipulative militaristic autocrat and a powerless corrupt little country stuck between a rock and a hard place. Now is not a time to bury our head in the sand and say it's not our problem..

Thanks for the open discussion. I appreciate the opportunity to see it from your perspective. 

6 hours ago, paradime said:

The $40 bil is an aid package of:  

$6 billion to arm and train Ukrainian forces,

$8.7 billion to restore American stores of weapons shipped to Ukraine

$3.9 billion for U.S. forces deployed. 

$8.8 billion in economic support,

$4 billion to help finance arms and equipment purchases and,

$900 million for housing, education and other help for Ukrainian refugees in the U.S.

I forgot to add some humor:

Dude I'd love to piss my money. I'd have to make bank deposits in a jar though. LOL 

Unfortunately, as a runt psychologist I don't make a 7 figure salary, so the actual amount I contribute is much less than my family's toilet paper budget. It's yet to be seen if this help wiping the Putin-turd stain off Ukraine's ass. 

is money well pissed.

Now that i see it broken down i definitely don't want my tax dollars being sent there. 900 million for Ukrainian refugees here ? Are we buying them homes, liquor stores and gas stations or something ? We have our own people here that could use the help.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, paradime said:

Search "Tinder Etute" and ye shall find. 

Holy shat talk bout letting the reptile brain take control. 

Just fucking chalk it up to "Not my type." and get on with life. Instead of "he disrespected me so now I must beat him to death." WTFF 

• Like 2

"Etute reportedly said he visited the apartment of Jerry Smith, 40, in April to engage in oral sex, after matching with someone named “Angie.” The next month, he returned to the apartment to see if the person was male or female, according to the article."

Your honor it was a case of buyer's remorse. The oral sex was too good to be a woman so I went back to check a month later after thinking about it. Second time was even better so I checked Angie's chassis and she had a drive shaft. I ain't no homo.

It was dark, and had to use his phone as a flashlight when he went back a second time.

Guess he was checking the oil from behind the first time, and didn’t realize it was The Crying Game (movie reference).

Just like when you are buying a car, check the goods out first - look under the hood.

• Haha 2

I looked at legal precedent regarding false advertising and the death penalty is not an option. Buyer beware Etute, especially if you're nob shopping on Tinder.

Edited by paradime
On 5/14/2022 at 2:58 PM, paradime said:

I think this country would be in a much better place if EVERYONE stoped relying on MSNM bias shit for blaming the "other side" for what's wrong, if people voted their conscience rather than the party line, and started relying on their own values and beliefs to navigate their actions locally. I remember when our US government was functional before the Great "BS" Divide.

I see merit in your thought and agree belief in any single media platform is invitation to play the fool, however after attempting, even campaigning for officials that upheld my personal conscience; only to dilute the vote and allow substantially worse candidates success. Voting my "conscience" is no longer a luxury I indulge.  I will vote on all issues in all elections Republican. There are many Democrat opinions and ideals dear to me and I will continue to practice liberalism whenever possible. But, the Democrats are directly harming my livelihood, my prosperity, and my freedom, the Democrats and their Hollywood cabal, patronize and demonize the country I love, traditions that I hold and values, which I believe. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, angliagt said:

That's a local story here.

Kind of stuff that's not surprising in California.

This is nothing new, it is just being paraded with a "Tranny twist". Papa's tell your boys, brothers tell your brothers--There neither is, nor has there ever been a woman, even an ugly one, who wants to just give and not get with a stranger. Now what they get might not be readily apparent, but they're getting something. And if you ever try one who just wants to give for nothing but the love of the game. Best case it's a dude who is at least trying to be a chick, be nice say thank you and be on your way. More likely options will involve being chained naked in a basement with others who found the "Chick, who couldn't get dick."

31 minutes ago, frankendat said:

I see merit in your thought and agree belief in any single media platform is invitation to play the fool, however after attempting, even campaigning for officials that upheld my personal conscience; only to dilute the vote and allow substantially worse candidates success. Voting my "conscience" is no longer a luxury I indulge.  I will vote on all issues in all elections Republican. There are many Democrat opinions and ideals dear to me and I will continue to practice liberalism whenever possible. But, the Democrats are directly harming my livelihood, my prosperity, and my freedom, the Democrats and their Hollywood cabal, patronize and demonize the country I love, traditions that I hold and values, which I believe. 

Me: Hi everybody, I'm Mike

Group: Hi Mike.

Me: It's been 19 months since I've watcher the news. I stopped watching the alphabet soup news stations 12,792 hours ago. It changed my life. I'm happier than ever.

• Like 3