INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/15/2021 at 7:04 PM, datzenmike said:

Fuck this shit. I have a date for root canal Friday. My wife is like a bull dog, she knows how to push.

Went very well. Had two date rape pills an hour before. Zooed by time I got there. Took my wife and three others to get me into a wheelchair to move me around.... don't remember that, only them putting a rubber wedge in my mouth, then drilling sounds or freezing put in and general muffled talking, don't know the order, biting down for impression and walking to car. I don't feel any freezing in tongue, lips or gums so may have imagined it. Pain and discomfort GONE!!!!

When I was a child I had rotten teeth removed, a pair every two weeks for two months. You can't imagine the terrors of a dentist's office in the late '50s. Glass and chrome (glass werks) needles had to be large enough to clean with a tiny inserted wire and sterilized and re-used. Needle ends the size of pencils. Pain you had to just tough it out. Pausing every 30 seconds to spit blood into a round sink! It was like Frankenstein's lab.... and in two weeks, do all over again.

227 Dentist 1950 Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images  A 1910-20 antique syringe 'new old stock ' never been used with a set of needle  cleaning wires and spare asbestos seal… | Vintage medical, Medical  antiques, Medical

• Like 2
1 hour ago, john510 said:

It has.Maybe it's time to find a new dentist ? I had a crown put on a molar.With the 3D imaging camera and a CNC machine i was done in an hour and a half.

Just referring to the quality of the product...still can't match what the body makes. I actually was happy with my dentist...but haven't established a new one since moving. I grew up going to the quacks at a military base, though 😬

• Like 1
10 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Just referring to the quality of the product...still can't match what the body makes. I actually was happy with my dentist...but haven't established a new one since moving. I grew up going to the quacks at a military base, though 😬

There has been some research stuff like that, short answer yeah you can sort of do it but it takes so long and costs so much it is not at all feasible, yet.

The implants are pricey but do actually function and last about as long as natural teeth these days.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Did Rose Kennedy have a black dress????

Not sure Rose was there.

Jackie had a pink dress.

"Other than that, Mrs. Kennedy, how was the parade?"

• Like 1

Been going to the same dentist office since 1970.

The original dentist, Jim, used to have the office scene like Mike shared, a bowl you spit into, an arcane overhead rig for the drill, a chair made of porcelain coated iron with an uncomfortable slab covered in vinyl, operated by foot pedals. The gigantic reusable syringe to administer the Novocain.

Over the years the office evolved, the chair became more comfortable, Jim offered a stereo headset and a choice of music.

Still, the reusable syringe.

Jim did my first root canal, right there in the office, nothing more than Novocain administered via that reusable syringe. He even took the impressions and later set the crown in that tooth.

Still have it today.

Jim did a couple other root canal jobs over the years, repaired a few cavities, and also set eight gold crowns on molars.

Jim retired about 15 years ago, after taking on another dentist in his practice, Jennifer, a nice young woman fresh out of dentistry school. He sold the practice to her, and then came back periodically to help out when she took maternity leave.

A couple years ago Jennifer told me that Jim had Alzheimer’s.

Last year Jim passed away.

• Sad 1
19 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Did Rose Kennedy have a black dress????

1 hour ago, KELMO said:

Not sure Rose was there.

Jackie had a pink dress.

"Other than that, Mrs. Kennedy, how was the parade?"

I'm wondering if that might have gone over your head.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Racer X 69 said:

Been going to the same dentist office since 1970.

The original dentist, Jim, used to have the office scene like Mike shared, a bowl you spit into, an arcane overhead rig for the drill, a chair made of porcelain coated iron with an uncomfortable slab covered in vinyl, operated by foot pedals. The gigantic reusable syringe to administer the Novocain.

Over the years the office evolved, the chair became more comfortable, Jim offered a stereo headset and a choice of music.

Still, the reusable syringe.

Jim did my first root canal, right there in the office, nothing more than Novocain administered via that reusable syringe. He even took the impressions and later set the crown in that tooth.

Still have it today.

Jim did a couple other root canal jobs over the years, repaired a few cavities, and also set eight gold crowns on molars.

Jim retired about 15 years ago, after taking on another dentist in his practice, Jennifer, a nice young woman fresh out of dentistry school. He sold the practice to her, and then came back periodically to help out when she took maternity leave.

A couple years ago Jennifer told me that Jim had Alzheimer’s.

Last year Jim passed away.

Thanks for the uplifting story 😂😬😐

• Like 2

To any question that you would answer in the affirmative you can substitute "Does a bear shit in the forest?" or " Is the pope a Catholic? (actually if daring enough you can substitute Cadillac for Catholic) My favorite is Rose's Black dress as surely the answer is yes, as she would have been to many many funerals in her lifetime. Try it sometime, and watch the reaction on someone's face as they grapple with it. They know the answer is yes but have to think back to just who is Rose Kennedy and why she had a black dress and..... Ooooooh!

• Like 1