INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

I got my current dog from a humane society. He was there for over a year. He’s a fucking basket case. But he’ll cuddle you until it hurts. 

had him for 8 years now. He was $50.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine was abandoned at a vet with a broken paw. He was just a puppy and was always there when my wife took our other dog in. The owner got the bill and went out to his truck to 'get his wallet' and just fucked off. When the cast was to come off he was to go to the shelter. My wife took him in and though she never admitted it I think she paid the bill. He was my best friend for a dozen years. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
On 6/3/2021 at 5:40 PM, bananahamuck said:

UPDATE!! 

OK,,, i got a guy that tapes every race and rewatches them... I flipped him a little cash and showed him a picture from Canby that was posted showing Ranman 

AND 

This is what he came up with 

gbqnGdZ.jpg

wzofzoz.jpg

BOOM!!  

Doesn't look as exact as i first said But remember this is just a split second of a 3+ hour rain delay coverage.. 

his nipples are bigger LOL

19 hours ago, Draker said:

I got my current dog from a humane society. He was there for over a year. He’s a fucking basket case. But he’ll cuddle you until it hurts. 

had him for 8 years now. He was $50.

18 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Mine was abandoned at a vet with a broken paw. He was just a puppy and was always there when my wife took our other dog in. The owner got the bill and went out to his truck to 'get his wallet' and just fucked off. When the cast was to come off he was to go to the shelter. My wife took him in and though she never admitted it I think she paid the bill. He was my best friend for a dozen years. 

You guys are awesome.

I got Zoe when her litter was orphaned at two weeks.

Mrs. Racer 1.0s father is an inbred countryfuck. He lived on a busy road, with a 50 mph limit. He got dogs, wouldn't fence or otherwise secure them. They went into the road and got run over.

He always said, "Too stupid to stay out of the road, too stupid to live."

He was given a female Blue Heeler. Said he wouldn't take her unless she was fixed. They lied and said she was fixed, and Joe (my former father in law) is too stupid to roll her over and check for a scar.

Two weeks later she is in heat, every stray around was mounting her. Grandpa lived next door and told Joe, "You better put the bitch in the barn, she's in heat."

Inbred countryfuck Joe says, "She can't be in heat, she's been fixed."

He is too stupid to know dogs don't fuck for fun like we do.

So she gives birth to 11 pups, and two weeks later she gets killed by a car, because, "She is too stupid to stay out of the road." 

Mrs. Racer 1.0 just happened to stop by when Joe was loading the 11 puppies into a burlap sack and take them out to the pond and drown them.

I was working second shift then, and when I came home she was sitting there trying to nurse them with baby formula, crying. "I couldn't let my dad just kill them." she bawled.

The baby formula wan't working, they just puked it back up. I went to the store and got some goat's milk. That was all it took.

Zoe was the only female, and the runt. I was nursing here when her eyes opened, so she imprinted on me as mother. Even though she was the runt, she dominated the litter, even mounting the other pups to show dominance over them. We kept two of the pups and gave the other 10 homes. When I divorced Mrs. Racer 1.0 a couple years later I kept Zoe, she kept the other dog.

Zoe and I were never apart in her almost 15 years.

One afternoon about a month before her 15th birthday she came up to me as I watched TV, laid her chin on my knee and gave me a look that said it was her time.

That was about 15 years ago.

I still miss her.

33279704375_543d2b1032_b.jpg

10909730263_2a904c51c1_o.jpg

10908980784_82e93bc40a_b.jpg

She was very smart, learned a large vocabulary, even phrases. She would bring anything I pointed to and said, "Bring Zoe!".

As you can see in the photos, she loved to pose, and I believe she knew the camera saved memories. She loved to fetch, and play Frisbee. I don't think she understood that she was a dog and not people. She always socialized well with most people, but was always very guarded around dogs, and only tolerated a few that she saw regularly.

10906345075_6b2846c8a0_b.jpg

• Like 8

I've lost a lot of things in my time, parents, friends but nothing hurt as much as having to let my 'Big Dog' go. When I made the decision to have a friend who is a vet make a house call I broke down crying and my wife ran in and all she could do is hold me. I'm crying as I write this, it was 5 or 6 years ago and the grief is still terrible and may never go away. I have cats now but when out walking I pet every dog I meet and it fills the void. 

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/nondatsun/familyandothers012Large.jpg

• Like 5

Motherfuckers, now I'm all teary eyed. We lost this little tardo in February to cancer. still have her litter mate Dessa, Twiggy the Saluki, and Loki the Husky. All rescues.

This one, by far was my favorite. One I'll probably never get over. RIP Honey Bear.

LL9nYUm.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

You guys are killing me .....

I swear the universe is telling my family we need a dog in the house again....

We lost all 3 of ours a couple years ago with in 6 or 8 months of each other.... my jack Russell being the unexpected loss with what we believe was a bad stroke......

Other 2 were expected medical issues and age ....

Pug was the wifes when I met her, i had Max my Jack Russell who was a rescue,  and she brought the chihuahua home one night as a rescue.... she regretted it years later but we gave him a good life regardless.....

Rest in peace boys....

Screenshot_20210719-073059_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210719-081339_Gallery.jpg

20170707_143350.png

• Like 6

If you have kids you should. It's good for their development. Or I think it is, any pet. Myself I can't do it. I asked my wife to not surprise me with a 'puppy'. We had a cat just before out loss and have added our son's two for a total of 5. I know... it's nuts around here...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

If you have kids you should. It's good for their development. Or I think it is, any pet. Myself I can't do it. I asked my wife to not surprise me with a 'puppy'. We had a cat just before out loss and have added our son's two for a total of 5. I know... it's nuts around here...

I here you.... 

We have had plenty of other animals in the house too... 

Total of 3 cats, 2 hamster, and even a hedgehog....

Now we only have just 1 outdoor cat and a hamster....

I prefer a dog anyday, I think the wife is finally ready.....

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I see any amount of dogs daily and learn and call their names.

It's funny we do the same, i try to respect anyone with a service dog by just saying hi to the owner and complimenting their dog... only if the dog trys to say hi will I ask the owner if its ok... you can usually tell ...

We had a neighborhood dog that would sneak out to come say hi and play with my son....

It was funny when the owner was calling for him, it was like he knew he was in trouble.... my son would actually go ask if the dog could come to play like it was another kid..

• Like 2
On 7/26/2021 at 7:52 AM, bananahamuck said:

EDF8ADD3-DB92-4671-B23A-285E79FEE4A4.jpeg

Pretty much sums up Olympia right now ,  in one picture 

At least out my way they don’t sleep on top of the welcome to here sign.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Racer X 69 said:

At least out my way they don’t sleep on top of the welcome to here sign.

Olympia is so fucked up they have a city counsel person that refused/refusing  to pay her rent during the goverment moratorium in "solidarity" with those homeless assholes.. 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1