INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back in my day we got into dad's liquor and topped it back up with water. We smoked mellow yellow and we shot out the school security light across the street with a .22 stuck out through the mail slot in the screen door. We were hard rocks with flat tops and duck tails. Today that would be hard core.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, bananahamuck said:

Moving some of my fresh fruit boxes ,, I think I should have bought a little bigger truck

A5A698E3-6DE4-49C1-903A-383301FEAD7C.jpeg

Perfect.

Stack four sets, about 14 feet high, and you’ll look like those guys in third world countries.

image.jpeg.9fa3b9e4ba43c8d4d720234acc7b2327.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ac632cf50ffc3e90f894b8de80c269d0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 1:00 PM, a.d._510_n_ok said:

gorgeous old Ford! circa 1962?

Thanks man, i been looking for a small dump bed type truck ( Datsun, baby ranger, )  for a year, and a friend sold this to me 

It's a 66,, F350 dump bed,, but DOL girl licensed it as F450, which i don't think were even available that year.  Paid very small license tonnage fee, and won't ever have to pay anymore cuz it's farm use only.. Notice little sticker instead of plate,, but it is only "allowed" to be 25 miles or less from farm address. 

Oh,, and one of the previous owners installed BUDD one piece wheels all the way around with 3 spares..  in  looking to see if the 17.5 tires are even available (fronts were heavily weather checked) ,,  i researched and found those are probably worth as much as vehicle.  

• Like 2
On 10/5/2021 at 4:04 PM, datzenmike said:

Would that be a Y block? still or the newer 260/289? Nanner???? If Y block this is Nissan related.

It's a 352 ,, granny gear 4 speed,, top speed is about 55 ,, 60+ if you push in clutch going down hill

wasn't ignoring,,, Been on coast picking cranberries, weird how things are so much less hectic than here. Even though there is a very definite deadline for getting your crop into cannery,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you get up all hurried cuz machinery is half broken and need to fix before labor shows up,,, open front door, smell, and roar of ocean hits you, and calm. 

Edited by bananahamuck
left some shit in that was redundant but part of sentence that would have made sense before i added more in front of it.. but sometimes that happens when you have a stream of thought that is connected in a way , but changes the context or so I'm told
  • Like 3

Ahhh 352. I had one in a '66 Galaxy 500 XLT? What a boat anchor. Fitting though as the car was a barge.

I hear that! I'm about 100 meters from the ocean and hear it every day on my walk and the odd time from my step. Waves can be anywhere from whisper to terrifying. Last Saturday was a king tide and it was storming. So couldn't take the shortcut along the beach. Sunday the beach and any trails were erased.

• Like 1