INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

9.96 PSI good..... 17.1 PSI, bad

Yes! I did a standard rebuild on a RB30 motor for this wanker years ago. 3 months later he is whinging about it being fucked. Strip it apart and find all the ring lands for the second compression ring broken. How much boost mate? Nah nah just standard he says. Over hear a few months later after I foot the bill to fix it, drunk talk going on about fully sick skids, oh how bout that 300m power burnout old mate did before he blew that new motor, 22 pounds of boost! It was an animal! Blah blah....

Fucken asshats. No more engine builds for this loser

• Like 1

Chrysler 2.2, Ford 2.3, just about every maker had one with normal hypereutectic (so much silicon they were basically 20% glass, hard as fuck but brittle) pistons. Boost was usually 7-8 PSI and they lived forever.

• Like 1

I've been needing to haul off a washing machine and planned on doing just that this morning.

As I went to load it the two stamped sides of the case kept catching my eyes. Hmmmmm.....the door panels on my '64 Fairlane are pretty rough. I just wonder......

Three hours later.......

door1.jpg

The metal panel is a couple inches too narrow but I'll make that up with some plastic push-on windlace. Kind of reminds of the all metal door panels Ford trucks had in the early 1960s. I'll have to insulate the backs or it'll be a rattle trap. BTW, you sharp-eyed military vets might recognize that red blemish on the lower left corner of the new door panel. It's a sticker the movers slap on your goods when they move you for Uncle Sam.

This is the old door panel. She's seen better days.

door2.jpg

I was going to at least slice up the other washer side panel but my pure Chinisieum cutting wheel started spit chunks at me and I wasn't all about swapping it out so I put tools up and started watching Youtube videos about guys working on old cars - "And remember! Sittin' on yer @ss ain't gonna get yer project done!"

door5.jpg

I'll eventually have to scrounge up another washer (or dryer) when I go to build the rear door panels because I want those panels to have stampings as well and ya only get two stamped panels per unit.

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

I know no one reads this but me but,,,

does anyone remember a thread .. a guy with blue 720 saying he was looking for replacement fenders?? Or his were beat to shit and was going to fix ..  I’m thinking he was Washington resident .  

I can see it in my head but the housekeeping in there isn’t what it used to be . 

want to send a message 

.signed 

excess of blue fenders in wa 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, bananahamuck said:

I know no one reads this but me but,,,

does anyone remember a thread .. a guy with blue 720 saying he was looking for replacement fenders?? Or his were beat to shit and was going to fix ..  I’m thinking he was Washington resident .  

I can see it in my head but the housekeeping in there isn’t what it used to be . 

want to send a message 

.signed 

excess of blue fenders in wa 

Might be frankendat 

https://ratsun.net/profile/52099-frankendat/

• Like 3