Post your Garage/Shop space!

2 hours ago, EDM620 said:

Keeping it white? High gloss oil and it'll clean off decently

Two tone most likely. Lower being darker gloss and upper being lighter and out of reach lol.

• Like 1
  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Draker said:

Two tone most likely

I did a horizontal banner type line to split my walls up and add some character, color choice was what I found for mistints at local paint store. I think it looks alright though much is now behind racks etc so not a whole lot left to see.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, EDM620 said:

I did a horizontal banner type line to split my walls up and add some character, color choice was what I found for mistints at local paint store. I think it looks alright though much is now behind racks etc so not a whole lot left to see.

yeah.. I figure this my last chance to do it right. Once I start piling shit in there, no chance I paint it again.

• Like 2

I didn’t “do” this, my gf paid a great group of carpenters to do this so I wouldn’t have to shovel snow. I think they did a great job.  They did the greenhouse and the cover on the soon to be tiki-bar.

IMG_9496.jpeg

IMG_9497.jpeg

• Like 11
On 5/5/2023 at 5:01 AM, Soundline said:

Finally took three of my toolboxes into one, thanks to Lowe’s “spring Black Friday” sale. 

I decided to add some character to it, so I  stenciled on the UFO scene. 

IMG_9627.jpeg

70389690579__02E2214F-DE07-4AC0-8A73-E0D18749A5BF.jpeg

I need to add that upper half to mine- I’m running out of space! But it conveniently fits under my workbench as it is.

• Like 4
On 5/7/2023 at 9:17 AM, demo243 said:

I need to add that upper half to mine- I’m running out of space! But it conveniently fits under my workbench as it is.

I have a bottom I got new for a great price it had a small dint but it all new and just what I needed for a long time.

• 3 months later...

Got the interior paint done. Started on the meter base and electrical panel. Next is doing the rest of the interior and exterior electrical and lighting. Progress is slow.. I’m doing it myself. 

I bought a bunch of pallet racking from the Portland Walmarts that closed down. I guess Portland being a lawless dump has its benefits!

IMG_4162.jpeg

IMG_4164.jpeg

IMG_4163.jpeg

camphoto_758783491.jpeg

71315599710__965C0F69-E0AF-44AF-AD19-965CD17FEF10.jpeg

71408329338__611740AF-C1F6-4628-90A4-E9833C7F6A01.jpeg

• Like 7
9 hours ago, KELMO said:

Looking good. I like the paint inside matching the outside. Those shelves look pretty stout.

Thank you! I did color match the bottom grey color to the outside. The upper I went a bit lighter, to brighten it up in there.

• Like 1
On 8/23/2023 at 4:17 AM, Draker said:

Got the interior paint done. Started on the meter base and electrical panel. Next is doing the rest of the interior and exterior electrical and lighting. Progress is slow.. I’m doing it myself. 

I bought a bunch of pallet racking from the Portland Walmarts that closed down. I guess Portland being a lawless dump has its benefits!

IMG_4162.jpeg

IMG_4164.jpeg

IMG_4163.jpeg

camphoto_758783491.jpeg

71315599710__965C0F69-E0AF-44AF-AD19-965CD17FEF10.jpeg

71408329338__611740AF-C1F6-4628-90A4-E9833C7F6A01.jpeg

Looks good.  If you dont mind me asking, how much was the pallet racking going for out that way?

6 hours ago, bilzbobaggins said:

Looks good.  If you dont mind me asking, how much was the pallet racking going for out that way?

It depends. The 4x8x10 racking was cheap. Like, $250 for 4 bays. The 2x8x10, I got about 6 bays for $600 or so. It was a bit random honestly. I paid up for the 2’ depth stuff since ill get the most use out of it.

also I bought more than I need so I can resell and cut my costs down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

Draker that is an awesome shop 

nice to see you used an insulating board or some kind of paper 

so many people do raw metal over metal framing because paper or insulation is not required 

but the metal can condensate 

mine is 26x26 with 9 foot walls due to city restrictions 

I am a little jealous

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Looks like I'm joining the big box shop club, the slab is waiting for the building to arrive.

I'm getting the type that is basically a carport that's all enclosed, I didn't have the money or have the lifespan to build

a red iron or wood shop. 50 x 30 with the roll up doors on the long side.

Recommendations to use sky lights or not? I'm in the Lincoln, Ca area now so I know there are a few of you familiar with the area's weather and temperatures.

20231220_151303.thumb.jpg.581234d73f5829f3d18a5f1de520df86.jpg

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 4

Longevity of skylights is suspect. Are you ever going to get on the roof to inspect them or replace them when they start aging?

I recently upgraded the lighting in my shop with three dozen 4 foot LED lights. And I still need more light.

If it's going to have a workspace, and not just be storage, plan your lighting in that area to be extra bright, because these gloomy California winters are hard on the eyes.

• Like 2
On 1/22/2024 at 11:47 AM, Ooph! said:

Looks like I'm joining the big box shop club, the slab is waiting for the building to arrive.

I'm getting the type that is basically a carport that's all enclosed, I didn't have the money or have the lifespan to build

a red iron or wood shop. 50 x 30 with the roll up doors on the long side.

Recommendations to use sky lights or not? I'm in the Lincoln, Ca area now so I know there are a few of you familiar with the area's weather and temperatures.

20231220_151303.thumb.jpg.581234d73f5829f3d18a5f1de520df86.jpg

I installed 9 hyper light LEDs. They are incredibly bright. If you email them the building dimensions they’ll send you a free lighting plan. I’d skip skylights and put windows high to let natural light in. Won’t leak, and same effect.

• Like 3