1973 Datsun PL620 build

sanitys

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanitys: Thanks for liking my C/F door/kick panels... BRE510:thumbsup:

they look amazing. i pmed you about them probably back in june. One of these days Ill order the CF and give it go.

No work on the truck today, took the bike for a ride instead.

Nice truck, I am really liking the hood, I want one for mine. You could make the valve now a shut off for security.

never thought of that, good idea.

So buddy dropped off the welder today. Made one seat rail. Would have done more but I didnt want to piss the neighbors off with the grinder. Ill probably finish it up on wednesday and snap some pictures.

finshed the other seat rail for the driver side. Friday ill do the passenger side and paint up the rails and take pictures. Oh I looked under the truck, that gas tank switch valve is disconnected, I guess you could just say its there for looks now.

got the seat brackets done, still need to paint the passenger side, and clean up the passenger side floor but i ran out of self etching primer, Ill do those both tomarrow. Also installed the mirrors. seats are the best, but they are temporary. Here are a few pictures...

DSC01004.jpg

DSC01006.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

DSC01009.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

DSC01011.jpg

DSC01016.jpg

Edited by sanitys

zum510 you like fighters?

Hoods still not for sale, thanks tho...

So some guy came by my place today and asked to buy the truck. I told him he wouldnt be interested since i have about 4800 in it. I didnt tell him a price, but simply said it cost 1600 to get to hawaii. He said to let him know if i want to sell it.

great looking truck. peaple stop at my house all the time trying to buy my car/truck. i don't think they want to give anything for it really. a guy stopped the other day and ask if my frontier was for sale. there has got to be thousands of frontiers for sale around atlanta. why mine? i am thinking about posting "not for sale" signs in my yard.

how are you liking the seats? do they make you sit pretty straight up? how tall are you and how comfortable do they make you feel with the pedals?

The seats arent bad. The back is pretty straight up. Going from the bench seat to the buckets is nicer. They work alright with the pedals. I would love if i could get the seat back more, but no room. Oh Im about 6 feet. The girl is about 5 feet 1 inch or so. I could have made the seats alittle higher, but then the stock steering wheel would rub my legs getting in and out.

For what I did you could pretty much use any bucket seat since I cut off the mounts on the rail and made my own.

dude truck is lookin good, get used to it, i have people come by all the time and ask if any of mine r 4 sale, my question to them is, do u see a sign, cause i didn't put one out..that kind of ends that ..truck is lookin good, keep up the good work, i'm diggin the wink mirror in the cab, i have one i'm gonna use in my xcab project:D

so i cleaned up the passenger side brackets today, and dug into the passenger side floor. all the stuff is painted now. Ill snap a pic of the floor painted tomarrow. Oh and that rear bracket will probably get a gauset one of these days. Had to give the welder back to my buddy so i didnt have a chance to weld the gauset.

DSC01020.jpg

DSC01024.jpg

DSC01026.jpg

thinking about lowering it some more tomarrow, what do you guys think? yes it was a 10 min photoshop so its not the best chop.

lowertest.jpg

one more for shits and giggles

lowertest1.jpg

Edited by sanitys

okay, got the back done today. Took the second leaf and flipped it around and put it on top. Reassembled. Ill re-index the fronts tomarrow. Oh and my buddy found me a ka w/ 5 speed trans :D

There is an issue now. I went to go for a test drive and whenever i accelerate there is a clunking sound. It sounds like its coming from the drive shaft. I looked under the truck about three times to see if I could see fresh scraps or anything near the driveshaft...nothing. So then I was like well lets see if I can replicate the clunking parked. jack up the back via the axle to get the wheels a few inches off the ground, go in the truck, no clunking...

So the question is. After about a 6 inch drop in the back what would be the reason for the clunking noise?

Oh and pictures for everyone...

DSC01027.jpg

DSC01028.jpg

DSC01029.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

DSC01055.jpg