1973 Datsun PL620 build

sanitys

Right on, man i am starting to design the box for my 510 and owning a jeep I have been out of the stereo game for a while man! There is so much more out there that i have never known about!. Im on the fence between two 10" one 12" or two 12's, im still working on box size so that will be the main determining factor obviously but jeez there is alot of juicy stuff to choose from.

if it will all fit in a single box i will try to stuff in both headlight buckets from both sides

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on, man i am starting to design the box for my 510 and owning a jeep I have been out of the stereo game for a while man! There is so much more out there that i have never known about!. Im on the fence between two 10" one 12" or two 12's, im still working on box size so that will be the main determining factor obviously but jeez there is alot of juicy stuff to choose from.

if it will all fit in a single box i will try to stuff in both headlight buckets from both sides

thanks

for audio related check out http://www.diymobileaudio.com

also i highly recommend zuki amps. heres a link, the owner is Pat, standup guy.

http://www.zukiaudio.net/

I ordered my carpet last nite. I purchased it from JCwhitney. Its supposed to ship on the 7th of FEB. Ill definately give you guys some feedback as to quality/fit. Came to 270 shipped

heres the link for anyone else looking for carpet.

http://24.119.87.219/index.php?SESSIONID=4ea182263af375967ca2dc4f15595bda&JCWRETURN=www.jcwhitney.com&process=quality&yr=1973&make=NISSAN&model=&id=651&x=73&y=21

well it seems they actually didnt have the carpet kit...Now I get to wait a few days for the charge back...

Thank you for your recent order with JC Whitney.

We regret to inform you that the item you ordered, 761061 (Carpeting - 2900 Series)

will not work with the make and model of your vehicle. Our supplier is unable

to provide a match for your vehicle. Therefore, this item has been cancelled

from your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Your business is very important to us, and we appreciate your patronage.

If you have any questions regarding this cancellation notification, please contact

our Customer Service Department by using the link or phone number below.

Anyone know a place that has a quality carpet kit for the 620's?

Thanks, shot them an email asking. Anyone else have any recommendations?

I've never seen a carpet kit for a 620 standard cab in a long time, and I'm always looking. I usaully go to walmart and buy the 3'X6' carpet the have back in automotive. It's pretty easy to cut it in. You have to cut at the front on both sides of the hump under the dash, tuck and overlap or sew if you want to get technical. Cut it to length side to side and tuck under kick panels and door seal plate. The 3' length is about perfect, going from under front edge of your seat to up the firewall under dash.

Try these guys Ed, they make headliners, and I think they do carpeting also. Found them on ebay.

goliners@aol.com or Headliner Mart: 817.562.2381

Thanks Ill try em both tomarrow and see if I have any luck.

didnt have the chance to call today, was working on my roomates honda hatchback. Also got my new tires in today from tirerack, gonna try and get recon again tomarrow. Oh also had to drill out one of the fender holes as the bolt snapped, and I retapped it. No amount of slotting/heating worked, thats why i drilled and re-tapped. I could have used an "easy-out" but frankly I have had poor experience with them.

Oh and beebani got the shipping thing via paypal, thanks man.

• 4 weeks later...

well truck has been all legal for a few weeks, gonna put on my z32 brakes in the next few weeks. Working with beebani to do some mounts for the ddr3855's i got. aside from that, just been driving it. Ill post some progress shots when I get the brakes installed and coils.

On a side not, still havnt found carpeting.

Oh and i bought some used racing seats that need new upholstery, hopefully the wife learns how to use the sewing machine :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Today I installed:

new upper control arm bushings (it seems the rear uca bushing needs replacing. Not sure if I just need to buy new arms since there is the grease fitting and whatnot there)

new tie rods

new center link

New idler arm

new sway bar links

Still need to install the lower control arm bushings as well as the sway bar bushing. Ran out of time and sun light. One of the tie rod ends did not want to come off. It took me about 4 hrs of wacking, heat, etc. I finally ended up drilling though the bolt to get the damn thing to come off.

• 3 weeks later...
2eDeYe;143394']I picked up a carpet kit for a 720 from these guys to use in my 620.

http://www.stockinteriors.com/Model.asp?MakeId=36&Desc=Nissan_Carpet

Datzenmike has used a 720 carpet in a 620' date=' so I'm not expecting any issues other than a bit of trimming.[/quote']

Thanks, Ill have to pick one up one of these days. Have a few other things I need to pickup before i switch back to interior.

Well this weekend I decided I was going to install disk brakes, and my ellipsoids with a new hardness and relays. The outsides are the ellipsoids and the insides are the inner headlights outta the beamer. Bulbs are 9005 and 9006. W/ the highbeams on all 4 lights are on.

The good, Got the lights done, the bad, My bracket for the 300zx calipers doesnt seem to fit right. Ill have to take the grinder to the bracket a bit to get the calipers to fit right. Oh and the 300zx master doesnt look like it will fit the way I wanted to do it with the stock booster. Im gonna try and pick up a 280zx booster and hopefully it all fits...

Oh and I need atleast a 1 inch spacer to fit my wheels with the caliper on. I needed the spacer anyways tho becuase at lock they rub the swaybar. Then again they are 17x8's

DSC01310.jpg

DSC01309.jpg

DSC01308.jpg

Edited by sanitys
great progress..love the lights, any pics of them on?

no pics of them on, however they do make a huge difference. I can actually see at nite :D

Ordered these today So i can fit the front brakes.

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/trailgear-6x55-wheel-spacers-1534-wide-p-3667.html

Also gonna order a fender roller just encase I need it. The wheels I have currently are 17x8, they rub alittle on the sway bar at full lock, so the spacer should help, also the wheel design doesnt allow for the calipers to fit. edit...forgot to mention gotta call eastwood tomarrow to see if i need the "truck adaptor" for the fender roller...hopefully i dont, dont feel like spending 400 bucks on some the roller with the truck kit..

oh, one question, anyone know if the 300zx caliper bolts are m12 x1.5 or are they m12 x 1.25? I need to pick up some and need to know which ones they are.

Edited by sanitys
  • 3 weeks later...

so i got the caliper bolts. The spacers for the wheels are on backorder so i havnt messed with the brakes anymore, however I did buy the bolts for the calipers. Today I bought a 91 hardbody for the motor and tranny. Truck is pretty ratty, but the motor runs good and the transmission seems good. Drove it home the 30 or so miles on the freeway and all was well. Plan on doing the motor/trans swap in the near future, just have to see what the funds look like. Beebani sent me some progress pictures of the mounts he is fabbing for my front coilovers...

coilovers.jpg

look at spider trax or trail gear for spacers. they usually have them in stock. Its kinda nice having the same bolt pattern as 4wd toyotas.

i ordered the trail gear ones, 1.5 inch. I guess they are on backorder, atleast thats what the seller said. He said he would ship out 1.25 inch instead, but I need 1.5 for the wheels to work with the calipers.

I still might need a fender roller, however I will have to get a 6 bolt setup made for the fender roller as eastwood told me that they discontinued that part, and all my googling for 6 bolt fender rollers didnt net any results. Anyways working on getting some motor mounts and transmission mount made then Ill do the swap. Hopefully i can find a decent shop locally that will do the drive shaft at a reasonable price.

hey man i like those mirros alot where did you get them and what did they cost? i wanna get a set for mine, thanks

thanks, The dash does have some small cracks, not sure im gonna redo it, or make a dash, time will tell.

Thanks, I havnt seen too many on the road myself but i know of a few. Ive only seen 3 other 620's besides mine so far, but who knows how many are in peoples garages/fields

Thanks for the offer, If i decide to get rid of it later on ill let you know.

Didnt have time to work on the truck today, but the UPS guy dropped off my mirrors, probably end up fitting them on wednesday, i when to go do it today but the drill battery was dead. These are the lucas repo mirrors. If i can get my hands on some cheapy seats it should be road legal by next monday.

DSC00911.jpg

hey man i like those mirros alot where did you get them and what did they cost? i wanna get a set for mine, thanks

http://www.mossmotors.com/

I think I paid about 70 bucks shipped.

Damn, that's one clean 620!! Love the mint green (post the color code? :))

I'll have to read through the whole thread when I have time...

Ill have to take a look under the hood and see if it has the color code on one of the stickers.

Your truck looks really awesome man! I'm hoping some day mine will be there... :)

Yeah mine is slowly coming along. Right now im just waiting on a bunch of parts to come in. Then Ill install the brakes, coilovers, and ka24e w/ 5 speed trans. I really would like to get paint done soon, but I know I would be without the truck for a month or so while it was being painted, and I use it as a daily right now, so I cant really be without it that long.