1973 Datsun PL620 build

sanitys

Why not have the inlet moved to the other side of the radiator?

Ive been told that since the rad is a single pass that it will not cool right if I get the upper one swapped over to the other side...in anycase i just ordered some silicone 90 degree bends, and ill grab some pipe from the hardware store and Ill do it that way for now.

for anyone that cares, the fiero rad is best suited for sr20's or L-series due to the inlet/outlet config.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

been a pretty productive weekend.

-mount fan and did the fan wiring

-changed oil

-hooked up speedo

-made the intake pipe

-did the maf/air intake temp wiring

-modified the d21 throttle cable to work. (probably could have made it shorter)

-made throttle cable bracket

I still have to make another hole into the cab for the wires, finish taping up the wires and install the grommets. Then it will look alot better in that area.

DSC01891.jpg

DSC01889.jpg

DSC01888.jpg

DSC01887.jpg

DSC01886.jpg

DSC01885.jpg

hmmm seems to me you have alot of space on that radiator thought about running 2 fans? probibly not needed but i like to build things so there overkill and know it wont fail :P

yes I have thought about running two fan. I will see how this setup works. The fan pushes 2500cfm so i should be good, but we will see how it does sitting in traffic. I could also make a shroud for it as well and see if that helps any overheating issues. Time will tell. Looks like i might be running this weekend :D

not tryin to rag on ya or anything man, but is that a wood block for a motor mount? acting as like a spacer?? :unsure:

lol, after looking at it I can see how you would think that. No its a 1 inch piece of solid steel. Ask beebani, he sent it to me, I also have 1/2 pieces encase i needed it alittle lower. He used a 240 pan for the brackets he made. to get them to work with the truck pan I had to use those spacers.

on a side note, I was in the middle of a 3 car pile-up this morning on my way to work so the ford is at the body shop (hopefully getting totalled) and I have a rental car. Gotta get the datsun done asap now

almost ready to start. waiting on a few things in the mail. Need to get another grommet and finish taping up the wires. the coil and horn was just temp mounting. Waiting for a fuel rail with an fittings to come in the mail and my aeromotive FPR

DSC01907.jpg

DSC01908.jpg

i got the SI sub in the mail. I also got my fuel rail, fpr, and some more an-fittings in the mail. The new fuel system is almost done. I would have gotten more done today but we had that whole tsunami warning today, and they closed the road, so i had to wait to get back home. I will take some pictures of the new fuel system installed tomarrow after i hit up the junk yard for some parts. I mentioned I got into an accident in my ford, here what it looks like now, the body shop is waiting for parts. I had to stop there to grab a loaner car. oh, and a crushed datsun 720 king cab next door to the body shop.

new

DSC01920.jpg

old

DSC01921.jpg

sub

DSC01917.jpg

DSC01918.jpg

DSC01919.jpg

parts

DSC01915.jpg

ford

DSC01925.jpg

crushed datsun

DSC01926.jpg

• 2 months later...

i got the SI sub in the mail. I also got my fuel rail, fpr, and some more an-fittings in the mail. The new fuel system is almost done. I would have gotten more done today but we had that whole tsunami warning today, and they closed the road, so i had to wait to get back home. I will take some pictures of the new fuel system installed tomarrow after i hit up the junk yard for some parts. I mentioned I got into an accident in my ford, here what it looks like now, the body shop is waiting for parts. I had to stop there to grab a loaner car. oh, and a crushed datsun 720 king cab next door to the body shop.

new

DSC01920.jpg

old

DSC01921.jpg

sub

DSC01917.jpg

DSC01918.jpg

DSC01919.jpg

parts

DSC01915.jpg

ford

DSC01925.jpg

crushed datsun

DSC01926.jpg

What ,Brah since you seem too be one car guy you got all da 411 on em An can use some help working mines up as well...My name is Chris live Nalo right behind Bobbys store right by da beach..

So what get some boiz who cruise da trucks ??? Like da honda and 4X4 hui's??? If so leeme know da scoops...Mahalos cuzz. A hui hou...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I apologize for lack of updates but I picked up a stand alone aem ecu, 50lb msd injectors, jgy fuel rail, 350z spec clutch and pressure plate, afco scirocco radiator, ls2 coils and some other things. I plan on taking some pictures tomorrow, there are about 4 forums that need updates w/ pictures. I still haven't installed the stereo integrity sub...

I moved from Hawaii, back in Michigan till next week, then I'm moving to Maryland. I am now officially a dad as well...I have been pretty busy...

That fuel rail is sexy.....

Where did you get it??? ........... where are those fittings and hose from???

fuel rail is from (keep in mind that the fuel rail uses msd style injectors, it will not work with stock injectors):

http://www.jgy.cc/

50lb msd injectors are from:

http://www.jgy.cc/

Fuel lines, an fittings, aeromotive fpr can be bought from summit, or this site:

http://www.racepartsolutions.com/

Truck is sick. I got a ? I have a 91 hardbody with a ka24e can I use that fuel rail and same injectors with my stock ecu and throttle body.

You would need some way to tune the injectors otherwise you would be pig rich. stock injector size is 270cc. If you could find some msd style injectors that are close to the stock cc you might be able to use them.

If you dont have the 240sx intake manifold on your motor I don't think it will work.