1973 Datsun PL620 build

sanitys

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Truck is sitting back in michigan until we move into a house down in maryland. Here are the last pics I took. Only note-able changes are switched over to aem 3.5 bar map sensor, aem AIT sensor and installed the aem serial gauge.

DSC02172.jpg

DSC02173.jpg

DSC02174.jpg

DSC02175.jpg

DSC02176.jpg

Nice dude! Why did you run coils?. Does an xessive cap cover work on the dizzy

There is a company that makes a cap for the dizzy, dont recall the company, would have to look it up. I was just gonna make my own on a lathe. I swapped to the ls2 coils for the following reasons:

1. they are an upgrade to the stock system

2. I got the coils for free (dad owns a salvage yard)

3. I already had the aem ecu to control them and it was an easy install

Heres the how-to install link if your interested...

http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26234

• 2 months later...

played around with the datsun today. Got it to stumble a few times, but not actually start up. I have a feeling im gonna have to tweak the tune some more, which it needed anyways...Ended up pushing the datsun into the garage since its snowing pretty good out...

edit, and yeah i need to finish cleaning/unpacking/organizing the garage.

DSC02705.jpg

• 1 month later...

played around with the datsun today. Got it to stumble a few times, but not actually start up. I have a feeling im gonna have to tweak the tune some more, which it needed anyways...Ended up pushing the datsun into the garage since its snowing pretty good out...

edit, and yeah i need to finish cleaning/unpacking/organizing the garage.

any updates?

any updates?

messed with the tune some, still nowhere near where it needs to be. Also installed a AEM wideband 02 sensor and gauge. Aside from that I'm just waiting on funds. I've been considering doing some glass work in the interior for the sub and center console, but i figured id hold off untill I get the seats i'll actually be using. I also plan on building up the motor before buying any of the turbo parts.

might as well share my wiring mess in the cab since i was just hooking stuff up and not actually running the wires. Gotta love the temp o2 guage mount which is the ash tray. lol. Aside from cleaning up the wiring the rest is waiting on funds.

DSC03008.jpg

DSC03009.jpg

• 1 month later...

updates, well i started actually cleaning up the wiring. Gonna make a mold to hold my two AEM gauges where the ash try is. It will still slide out, have a usb slot for my deck and a usb slot for the ecu. Aside from that havn't done much. Buying a house and having a kid eats up funds and time. I did however scrape up enough funds to buy a 521. I couldnt help it due to the condition. Pictures are from the Ad. Ill take some better ones once its here at my place. Edit, oh i did delete some stuff on the intake manifold since i didnt have it plugged in anyways, and I swapped the 3.5 bar map sensor to a 1 bar since im still N/A. I would have bought all the turbo stuff if I didn't buy the 521. Yes the wiring always looks like a mess when you are going back through it cleaning it up.

DSC03274.jpg

521_3-1.jpg

521_2.jpg

521_1-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

got it home yesterday. Here are some more pictures. I put the topper/camper on the 620 since its not gonna see the road for awhile. Will probably fix the floor this weekend. Its just surface rust.

DSC03521.jpg

DSC03522.jpg

DSC03523.jpg

DSC03524.jpg

DSC03525.jpg

DSC03526.jpg

DSC03527.jpg

DSC03528.jpg

DSC03531.jpg

DSC03533.jpg

took the seat out and removed the old cover. Cleaned it up some. A few stains, but being 40 years old, it looks pretty good. Took a pic of the floor with the seat out. Just alittle surface rust

DSC03539.jpg

DSC03540.jpg

• 6 months later...

shoot, I'll bring this back up from the dead!

Any more progress on it?

This is the 2nd time I've kind of gotten burned out on working on my Datsun and have read this same thread and gave me the ambition to work on it lol

I also have a question, I have swapped a KA into my 74 datsun, and am wondering how you made the speedometer work??

• 1 year later...

took care of some cancer. passenger side suspension was all taken apart cleaned and repainted. Once the front corner is back together im going to pull and cab and do the frame. 

DSC06093_zps189af500.jpg

DSC06092_zps605c99c0.jpg
DSC06091_zps0bf1510f.jpg
DSC06094_zpsb1514c03.jpg
DSC06095_zps9572fba0.jpg
DSC06096_zps206dde71.jpg
DSC06097_zpsee341d8f.jpg