1973 Datsun PL620 build

sanitys

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats pretty cool. I would be worried about kicking them.

Larry

The speakers are recessed, and I have speaker grills that go over the speakers. I guess they call em kick panels for a reason tho. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

We have the same truck, i love watching you work on her. Looks SO GOOD!

that green is gorgeous. screw those fools freaking on you working on your truck, im sorry they are bumming on you.

do you still need the upper parts of the seat belts? I have them. I dont use seat belts (i know, i know) and i wont get busted because I have the original lap belts (just dont use them).

let me know, you can have them, just give me your address. i am on the mainland though, will take a bit to get to you.

kikioreekee@gmail.com

We have the same truck, i love watching you work on her. Looks SO GOOD!

that green is gorgeous. screw those fools freaking on you working on your truck, im sorry they are bumming on you.

do you still need the upper parts of the seat belts? I have them. I dont use seat belts (i know, i know) and i wont get busted because I have the original lap belts (just dont use them).

let me know, you can have them, just give me your address. i am on the mainland though, will take a bit to get to you.

kikioreekee@gmail.com

Ill shoot you a pm regarding the belts. Thanks for the comments. Heres some updates

Installed new window rubber, new shifter boot, new door handles, new hood bumpers, and finally got a rear bumper. Need to go get an alignment then Im gonna go and get it street legal.

Any ideas for a sub for between the seats? heres the measurements Im working with...If you need pictures for a better explaination of the measurements let me know.

14 inches across at back window, 4 inches to sit flush w/ seat

10 inches across (lower than window) 5 inches deep

8 inches across, 7 inches deep.

Also under the seat I have 4 inches deep(would enclude excursion), by 15 wide, by 15 long

DSC01215.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

DSC01218.jpg

Where'd you get the outer window squeegies? I've been trying to find those forever!

You haven't tried that hard. They are quite easy to come by. I'm not spelling it out because I don't want to see them on ebay for a zillion dollars.

Where'd you get the outer window squeegies? I've been trying to find those forever!

I might have paid more than others are willing to pay. but carl over at http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/ has them for 86 bucks for the pair. It is also where I got the rest of the stuff from. Came to about 200 shipped. But I had a bunch of cashback from paypal/ebay is was basically free

I might have paid more than others are willing to pay. but carl over at http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/ has them for 86 bucks for the pair. It is also where I got the rest of the stuff from. Came to about 200 shipped. But I had a bunch of cashback from paypal/ebay is was basically free

Cool, I think that's where I got my door seals from, good stuff!

Any ideas for a sub for between the seats? heres the measurements Im working with...If you need pictures for a better explaination of the measurements let me know.

14 inches across at back window, 4 inches to sit flush w/ seat

10 inches across (lower than window) 5 inches deep

8 inches across, 7 inches

Thats what I did. I guess it woul all depend on the total VAS your sub needs. I have a 10" Kicker comp vr firing to the rear of the vehicle with a 1" port venting at the top of the box. I was able to get .75 cubic feet which is what the Kicker needs.

100_2079.jpg

Thats what I did. I guess it woul all depend on the total VAS your sub needs. I have a 10" Kicker comp vr firing to the rear of the vehicle with a 1" port venting at the top of the box. I was able to get .75 cubic feet which is what the Kicker needs.

Thanks for the photo fineline. It looks like you have more room between your buckets than I have available. Im pretty sure Im gonna have to switch to an 8 inch in order to fit. Most people recommended the firing to the rear

Sanity, your trucks looking good. I looked on the datsun site for the window rubbers and only saw the outer, did you replace the inners too? If so, where did you get them? We talked awhile back about JCWhitney. I got some of their universal window felt and was perfect, cost about $42 for both doors. Your kick panels for the speakers look great. Like everyone said, you should sale them. If you make me a set, I would be willing to pay you good for them. Shipping would probably be high, but what the hell.

Sanity, your trucks looking good. I looked on the datsun site for the window rubbers and only saw the outer, did you replace the inners too? If so, where did you get them? We talked awhile back about JCWhitney. I got some of their universal window felt and was perfect, cost about $42 for both doors. Your kick panels for the speakers look great. Like everyone said, you should sale them. If you make me a set, I would be willing to pay you good for them. Shipping would probably be high, but what the hell.

my inners where still in very good condition. So i only bought the outters. Maybe ill make a How-to for making the kicks. It really is not that hard. Or I can find a link with a how-to already made.

I guess i used a techinque similar to this..

http://www.audiforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25828

except glass over the baffles (speaker mounting area), and you dont have to use tinfoil, just use blue painters tape and spray alittle PAM (the cooking spray) on it, and lay the backing.

Edited by sanitys

Yeah, between your thread and the link you provided, I might have to tackle some of those speaker boxes. I like how you have the 520, 521? bumpers on the back of your truck, I like that look on the 620's. (I don't think they came on 620's, could be wrong) That's the look I'm gonna go for on my 77 KC project. I know this might be stupid, but I'll ask anyway, could you get a pic with you sitting in the truck looking down at your feet placement beside your boxes, kind of get an idea of the spacing while driving. I'll do a set for my standard cab, but I'm gonna do something differnt on the kc. You look tall and I'm about 5'10 so it'll give me a better visual. Thanks.

Yeah, between your thread and the link you provided, I might have to tackle some of those speaker boxes. I like how you have the 520, 521? bumpers on the back of your truck, I like that look on the 620's. (I don't think they came on 620's, could be wrong) That's the look I'm gonna go for on my 77 KC project. I know this might be stupid, but I'll ask anyway, could you get a pic with you sitting in the truck looking down at your feet placement beside your boxes, kind of get an idea of the spacing while driving. I'll do a set for my standard cab, but I'm gonna do something differnt on the kc. You look tall and I'm about 5'10 so it'll give me a better visual. Thanks.

will do and infact Ill do it right now. Ideally you would want the kicks alittle bigger. There is unlimited options when your making your own. Oh, im just about 6 ft. Seat all the back(zero recline). Oh and the mini bumpers on the rear are a 620 optional dealer item. They are listed on the parts sheet.

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01220.jpg

Edited by sanitys
  • Like 1

Hey dwnshifter check it out! ^^^ he is in the army and doesnt post thousands of pointless things everywhere hahahahahhaah

Oh and PS sanitys im trying ill swing by the post office tomorrow and get a flat rate box to see if the visors will fit in it.

Edited by 510er
speling
  • Like 1
Hey dwnshifter check it out! ^^^ he is in the army and doesnt post thousands of pointless things everywhere hahahahahhaah

Oh and PS sanitys im trying ill swing by the post office tomorrow and get a flat rate box to see if the visors will fit in it.

thanks man, let me know.

Word! and by the by how do those kicks sound? nobody asked that! i bet they rock pretty good are you planning on running any other speakers besides the sub?

they sound pretty good. They could be bigger. Its hard to tell since I have zero sound deadening and no carpet. I get a funky echo sound. Im not sure If im going to add any speakers aside from a sub. I might end up using horns, but that will be a ways down the road. This next paycheck I should be getting the new carpet, second skin sound deadening, and alignment, the visors/mirror/headlight bucket from you, and possibly the caliper brackets so I can mount my 300zx brakes. It all depends what the bills look like. Oh and im supposed to finally pick up a ka24e, but I think im gonna have to hold off on it for a few more weeks.