1973 Datsun PL620 build

sanitys

well scrubbed the driveway down today for a good two hours, should look nice tomarrow when its dry, also just blasted the floor with bedliner as im not gonna be running carpet for awhile. Ill toss a picture tomarrow or so. Oh and Ill get the measurements for the front and rear from different spots as well for those that were interested.

also talked to my buddy, should have the ka24e in the next week or so, we will see what happens...

Edited by sanitys
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some pictures from today. Could have taped the floor alittle better in a few areas but it still looks good. Also put the seats in just didnt snap a picture with them in it. Oh and the battery tray needs some attention.

DSC01063.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01065.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01068.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

DSC01070.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

small update. Put the seats in. Put back in the tray under the dash. Put seat belts back in. Put in trans cover. Put door sills back on. (think thats what there are called)

Now a few questions. Does anyone know where I can get the shoulder belt for the belts I have? They are KYB belts and looks like at one time there was a shoulder belt?

Anyone know a place that still has the door sills? (the aluminum pieces on the bottom of the door opening)

Stuff Ill be picking up in the next few weeks.

1. Window squeegie

2. Door seals

3. z32 front brakes

4. z32 master cyclinder

5. finelines brake bracket (if he still has them)

6. gonna look around for some automotive carpet and make a carpet for the front.

7. Stock sun visors

8. Stock rear view mirror

9. Seat covers

10. s13 ka24e ecu

11. s13 ka24e harness

12. hardbody ka24e

13. Shifter boot

There is alot of other things I need/want just gotta wait for funds. I planted a money tree in the back yard but it hasnt started growing money yet!:mad::lol:

Think thats it, all that small stuff gets spendy. Oh and I got insurance put on the truck today, just have to go get the vin number inspected and then get the safety check and registration.

Oh and pictures.

DSC01076.jpg

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

Seeing those beige panels reminds me of something...

Has anyone ever seen a factory pastel green 620 with black doorpanels? All the ones I see that are original (or originally green) had beige panels. My folks hated that; when they bought their '73 brand-new they had the dealer swap the panels (and seat) to black.

Seeing those beige panels reminds me of something...

Has anyone ever seen a factory pastel green 620 with black doorpanels? All the ones I see that are original (or originally green) had beige panels. My folks hated that; when they bought their '73 brand-new they had the dealer swap the panels (and seat) to black.

I plan on getting some black seats, and doing the panels and kicks in CF like BRE510's 620 like previously mentioned. That beige just doesnt go with the green.

Heres a few more photos for the heck of it

well i was sitting outside and thought hey, i never checked if my bike will fit in the back of the truck. It wont fit straight on. With it angled it fits. I have two bikes so ideally I would like it to fit straight, just dont wan the tail gate flapping in the wind.

DSC01079.jpg

DSC01080.jpg

DSC01081.jpg

Hey the floors look super clean now. Seatbelts id check the yards..that is if you guys have any close to you.

I can get aftermarket ones for 30 bucks a side that are 3 point, was just looking to see if anyone knew of a a place that had the shoulder belt or knew of a place I could buy one from to go with the belts I have.

Thanks for the props on the floor. Like I said its temporary, just want to stop the rust in its track since I live about 1/8 mile from the ocean.

What did you use to paint the floor. Just standard rustoleum type or spray in bed liner stuff???

aerosol type. Think its duplicolor. You can buy it from Napa. I also used it on the gas tank on my bike. Stuff holds up great as long as you make sure you let it cure for a few days. Ive never used this particular product in a truck bed though so your results may vary.

ah, so is it just black primer paint?

I was just wondering. As i have rattle canned a few things before, and they looked different than your floorboards. I have some work to do on mine and i need to pull the seat out and get to the shit. I want to use my wire wheel brush on the floor boards then use some black like you did to give it a cleaner look with some protection.

ah, so is it just black primer paint?

I was just wondering. As i have rattle canned a few things before, and they looked different than your floorboards. I have some work to do on mine and i need to pull the seat out and get to the shit. I want to use my wire wheel brush on the floor boards then use some black like you did to give it a cleaner look with some protection.

guess i confused you. Its the dupli-color spray can bedliner. It gives a sandpaper feel after its done. My jeans are all worn out in the crotch and knees from rubbing on my bike gastank.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/truckbed.html

Ok gotcha. Thought it was spray in stuff first time i posted. Good to know, that looks good.

After you sprayed that in there did you immediatly take the tape off? Or did it pull off fine after the liner hardened?

It pulled off fine after it was dry.

what part of hawaii are you in? That truck looks amazing, really good shape, a good start for a datto project for sure!

Im on oahu. Thanks

Drove the truck to school yesterday, 60 miles total. The front suspension really needs replacing.

If the front is too rough or bouncy you can do what i did. Raise the front shock towers 2 inches & run stock shocks. My torsions are re-index'd & the front is hammered on mine & i still have 1 1/2 inches of travel & it krides fine [ no bouncing]...........

fshock1.jpg

fshock3.jpg

fshock6.jpg

Now a few questions. Does anyone know where I can get the shoulder belt for the belts I have?

swap the belts all together i have those in my 72.5 and i never use the shoulders cause they seem unsafe and are very uncomfortable

just have to go get the vin number inspected and then get the safety check and registration.

Don't forget the dreaded RECON.. should have waited to lower it... you on the windwardside or is that kunia?

swap the belts all together i have those in my 72.5 and i never use the shoulders cause they seem unsafe and are very uncomfortable

Don't forget the dreaded RECON.. should have waited to lower it... you on the windwardside or is that kunia?

you have the shoulder pieces for yours? Wonder if anyone has a set they want to sell me? I just wanted the shoulder pieces so I wont get harnessed during recon/safety.

The blocks came on the truck. I was going to take the blocks off and tighten the torsion bars when I go get recon. I used to live up by kunia. Now I live out in waianae.

If the front is too rough or bouncy you can do what i did. Raise the front shock towers 2 inches & run stock shocks. My torsions are re-index'd & the front is hammered on mine & i still have 1 1/2 inches of travel & it krides fine [ no bouncing]...........

PCD, mine feels slightly bouncy and I think I have around 2 inchs of travel where the torsion bars are set right now. The problem I have is the a-arms bottom out, or alteast thats what its feeling like. Im sure the shocks are bottoming out as well. I want the lower ride height, but stiffer upgraded suspension.

doesnt your front end bottom out on bumps?

Man it would be nice living closer to some of you guys, I could get a few cases of your favorite beer and you could give me a hand making the coilover mounts. Im sure Ill be able to handle it, just nice having people that already did the mod giving ya a hand.

waianae you sir are brave.. put an alarm on that thing and your bikes asap.. i still have alot of friends in hawaii that might be able to help you out with stuff but they are all up by millilani, wahiawa, and north shore. one runs a performance shop (also has the hook up for audio and alarms) the other runs a tire / quasi custom shop (whether he is interested in the project) pm me if you want details.. that is the best help i can give:D

• 2 weeks later...
waianae you sir are brave.. put an alarm on that thing and your bikes asap.. i still have alot of friends in hawaii that might be able to help you out with stuff but they are all up by millilani, wahiawa, and north shore. one runs a performance shop (also has the hook up for audio and alarms) the other runs a tire / quasi custom shop (whether he is interested in the project) pm me if you want details.. that is the best help i can give:D

I keep the bikes in the house, lol. No kitchen table means I have plenty of room for my bikes. I really havnt had any bad experiences out on this side but I live with my local buddy and his family. Ill shoot you a pm one of these days. Money has been tight so the work as been at a standstill, didnt help that my new G/F backed into a tree with my 07 ford f150 today. Thankfully it was only the tailgate, but even an aftermarket tailgate including paint and shipping is gonna be over 500...Since its slightly thread related ill snap a pic of the damage tomarrow.

Oh, as far as updates, still waiting on the motor/trans set from my buddy. My other buddy from wisconsin is sending me the z32 calipers, master, s13 ecu/harness/intake. So now i just need to get that ka from my buddy here, and drop it in and make the trans/motor mounts and do whatever needs to be done to drive shaft. Oh and I need a set of finelines caliper brackets.

Edited by sanitys
  • 2 weeks later...

so i went to recon today. Now I know why people hate that place. I failed because I have new u bolts, the battery jiggled alittle, and according to them I dont have a rear bumper, yet thats how the truck comes from the factory. So i need to make sure the battery doesnt move, make/find a rear bumper, and go get an alignment done since the u-bolts arent OEM. The guy told me that since i changed the U-bolts thats a suspension modification....:mad:

great looking truck. peaple stop at my house all the time trying to buy my car/truck. i don't think they want to give anything for it really. a guy stopped the other day and ask if my frontier was for sale. there has got to be thousands of frontiers for sale around atlanta. why mine? i am thinking about posting "not for sale" signs in my yard.

but your fronty IS for sale :lol::lol:

so i went to recon today. Now I know why people hate that place. I failed because I have new u bolts, the battery jiggled alittle, and according to them I dont have a rear bumper, yet thats how the truck comes from the factory. So i need to make sure the battery doesnt move, make/find a rear bumper, and go get an alignment done since the u-bolts arent OEM. The guy told me that since i changed the U-bolts thats a suspension modification....:mad:

thats total bullshit look at them and say this is the stock bumper this is how the truck came from the factory and you cant get oem u bolts anymore so when i had to replace them i had no other choice but to go aftermarket

thats total bullshit look at them and say this is the stock bumper this is how the truck came from the factory and you cant get oem u bolts anymore so when i had to replace them i had no other choice but to go aftermarket

argee, and ask PCD about his bungee cord mod for the battery :D