1973 Datsun PL620 build

sanitys

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have any pics of the 300zx calipers on there? I so wanna get a set of brackets for my truck!!

nope sorry havnt gotten them put on yet. Got the wheel spacers in last week or so, maybe 2 weeks ago, however since my wheels are 17x8 all the way around i needed a fender roller. Low and behold eastwood discountinued the 6 bolt adaptor, so my fender roller is at jason's and hes making the piece i need so i can bolt it to my truck.

oh shoot well when you get everything back together you have to snap a picture! :D

got some progress done. Waiting for a guy to come by and weld up the mounts. It was supposed to get done yesterday, however that didnt end up working out. The dog is impatiently waiting to go for a ride :lol:

DSC01450.jpg

DSC01449.jpg

DSC01448.jpg

DSC01447.jpg

DSC01446.jpg

Kool,,wanna see how the coilovers look.

The upper mount needs to be made alittle taller so I can run the ride height I want. That can come later after I get my brakes on and the motor swapped. I drove it about 40 miles yesterday, talk about night and day difference. ALOT better :) Oh the white truck is the truck I picked up for the motor and trans.

DSC01452.jpg

DSC01453.jpg

DSC01454.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

did you adjust the coils up yet Ed? this will drop you some more.

Im assuming you mean turning the collars down on the coilovers? They are almost at the bottom in that picture. Im actually gonna have to turn it up a few turns for now which will make more wheels gap :/ Anyways give me a jingle when you have free time and we can discuss it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a package in from Jason today. My fender roller w/ the truck adapter he made :) Eastwood no longer makes the truck adapter, or atleast thats what they told me when I called. Installed the 1.5 inch spacers and rolled the fenders on one side. I got alittle roller happy on the rear as its the first one I did. Also there was a small dent right were the two parts meet in the rear so it might look alittle goofy. It looks like I could do a 17x10 in the rear, and probably 17x9 in the front. I still need to source some wheels, anyways, also installed one side of the 300zx brakes. I forgot to snap a picture before I put the wheel back on.

One thing I need to pick up is different lugnuts for the wheel spacers...Oh thats a ratsun sub install :P , but seriously the sub wouldnt fit so I picked up a mono amp for my home stereo and built that box, but I wanted to see how it sounded in the datsun.....and the pictures....

DSC01510.jpg

DSC01511.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

DSC01513.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01515.jpg

DSC01516.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

DSC01518.jpg

DSC01519.jpg

Id also like to add that rolling the 620 fenders with that wierd indentation they have is akward to say the least...

Edited by sanitys

THanks for letting me check your ride out man! Super excited to jump back on my 521. The coilovers and leaf setup transform the 620 into a go-cart. Mean. Should go good with that KA.

-Brian

THanks for letting me check your ride out man! Super excited to jump back on my 521. The coilovers and leaf setup transform the 620 into a go-cart. Mean. Should go good with that KA.

-Brian

It was nice meeting you, glad you enjoyed it. Still needs a few kinks worked out like we discussed, but it seems the datsuns are always a work in progress. Ill be going to the mainland beginning of september, got a buddy in portland, and theres jason also in oregon, maybe ill fly out for a day or two. Sister works for NWA so i can get a flight for cheap, granted its standby but for 80 bucks from michigan i cant argue with that, and ive never been to oregon.

Nice. If I work my ass off I can at least get mine to a presentable state. Maybe even drivable. PM me when you're coming into town. We'll get some guys together.

Alohaz cuz!

-Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Okay..up to speed....pretty much. Nice work on the floorboard and kick panels :)

Had to chuckle a bit when I saw the post from 11/08 about how the new G/F backed your ford into a tree......then in 02/08, you said you hoped your wife learned how to use the sewing machine........I didn't read all the text .....so maybe I missed the wedding post? :)

Okay..up to speed....pretty much. Nice work on the floorboard and kick panels :)

Had to chuckle a bit when I saw the post from 11/08 about how the new G/F backed your ford into a tree......then in 02/08, you said you hoped your wife learned how to use the sewing machine........I didn't read all the text .....so maybe I missed the wedding post? :)

yeah ended up getting re-married alittle sooner than I had intially expected, the joys of military life. About the tailgate, I ordered a new one and had it painted and shipped out to hawaii. UPS damaged it, and claims it wasnt packaged right...bastards

buddy finally sent the 240 intake. I disassembled, cleaned and started painting. Bought a new gasket set as well for reassembly. Bottom half of the intake is in the oven drying off then ill tape it off and shoot it. One of these days ill finish that bike...

oh, i was gonna start pulling the hardbody motor, just waiting to see if someone is gonna come through on a cherry picker, if not ill have to go buy one.

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01600.jpg

Edited by sanitys
Love the color!

thanks mike. here is a link for the paint. Its safe for valve covers and what not. The L16's valve cover is the green color. I also clear the stuff with the 500F duplicolor stuff, then bake in the oven at 200F for about an hour.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalcast.html

hmm, just seen they came out with a smoke color, that one probably looks cool.

got the l16 and 4 speed out today, was in it for about 2 hrs, had the motorset on the cherry picker, then, snap, the rear manifold bolt snapped where the rear mount point is. put a nice little dent in the core support that will need some love. aside from that the pull was completed with no other issues...Ill upload some pictures tomarrow...

Thanks for that! Isn't that the same stuff PacCoast uses? He's done a ton of stuff with it. Just might have to try it :)

It is indeed. Works great & you cna do some killer effects with it. Sanitys- good progress & love the green..sorry if i said that before :D