d.p

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, d.p said:

I never looked. I just assumed it wasn’t because it goes stud > plate  > rubber  > mount IIRC.   Don’t even know how it’s threaded in the mount?  

It was just a thought, problem is it could be more then just a stud... could be something encased in the rubber.... 

• Like 1

Yeah I hear ya. I was just looking at the images on carpartsmanual, and they certainly look the same. They list 11220-B8000

Anchor P/N 2533 literally has "11220-B8000" molded into the side of the rubber.

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 3

If you look at the part numbers and what supersedes what the 11220-b2000 is eventually superseded by the 11220-b8000..

Mainer311 while it looks a little different I think your right that the anchor 2533 would be a suitable replacement.....

I couldn't connect the dots 4 years ago... I wonder if the info was there and I missed it.... oh well....

DP buy a set and let everyone know....

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

.. oh well....

Lol ok I will. And the nut just stops threading after 1-2 turns and it has to go further down.  Getting one off was a huge bitch and I had to put it in a vice to spin the nut off.  

Edited by d.p
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

If you look at the part numbers and what supersedes what the 11220-b2000 is eventually superseded by the 11220-b8000..

Mainer311 while it looks a little different I think your right that the anchor 2533 would be a suitable replacement.....

I couldn't connect the dots 4 years ago... I wonder if the info was there and I missed it.... oh well....

My info usually says superseded, it doesn't, but it does say former part number so it may be different but not in any way that would stop it from working... like being made by a different supplier. Myself I would try a pair and see.  Like I said this is for the L20B '75 and up. Maybe thinner to lower the taller engine slightly???

• Like 1

The Datsun 521 1600 motor mount is this short square thing, the auto parts stores always wanted to sell me the 620 mounts which were taller, I made it work one time, after I did the drivers side I put the mount onto the 521 engine mount bracket, then I put one of the bolts thru the back hole in the frame mount plate I think, then I lifted the engine up a little and twisted the shit out of that mount to get the other mount bolt into the frame mount hole, I tightened everything up and lived with it for a while.

As I recall that mount didn't last very long before it separated from plate holding it onto the frame.

I then dug thru my used stuff and found something that would work, maybe I changed to later model 620 engine mount brackets, I don't remember as it has been years since I have dealt with a 521 chassis/frame.

• Like 2
On 12/8/2020 at 2:09 PM, d.p said:

Oh well.  

Got my jakes make firewall column installed. Have a NOS one but decided to just use one of his instead. Had to drill a small hole for the tach wires but happy with it overall.  And you can see those brake lines I want to redo cause they look like shit IMHO. 

304336C5-E534-401D-857F-7A8B11AB168D.jpeg

So, how did you finally get this installed?  You get split the boot or get the column out of the box?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, wayno said:

The Datsun 521 1600 motor mount is this short square thing, the auto parts stores always wanted to sell me the 620 mounts which were taller, I made it work one time, after I did the drivers side I put the mount onto the 521 engine mount bracket, then I put one of the bolts thru the back hole in the frame mount plate I think, then I lifted the engine up a little and twisted the shit out of that mount to get the other mount bolt into the frame mount hole, I tightened everything up and lived with it for a while.

As I recall that mount didn't last very long before it separated from plate holding it onto the frame.

I then dug thru my used stuff and found something that would work, maybe I changed to later model 620 engine mount brackets, I don't remember as it has been years since I have dealt with a 521 chassis/frame.

This is like deja vu wayno....

This is the rabbit hole I went down with these mounts.... some are close but not 100% the same.... 

DP just be aware, even the current idea may be wrong.... 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, bilzbobaggins said:

So, how did you finally get this installed?  You get split the boot or get the column out of the box?

Neither, I pulled the column out as one with the box attached.

Remove steering wheel

Remove turn signal sleeve/bracket

Remove 2 nuts holding column to dash

Put a bag over the end of the column and tape off any open holes (or just drain all the oil from the box like I did like an idiot)

Remove 3 bolts holding steering box to frame

Disconnect pitman arm from tie rod and cross shaft

Lift box out over the firewall and pull the entire column out through the engine bay. 

521-column.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

This is like deja vu wayno....

This is the rabbit hole I went down with these mounts.... some are close but not 100% the same.... 

DP just be aware, even the current idea may be wrong.... 

I figure for $10 its worth a shot while everything is apart.  Ill order the 1 they have in stock and compare it to the stock ones. 

Worst case I got the metric tap and die set (4AM shipping from Amazon which just blows my mind ordered at 6PM at my doorstep when I wake up) as well so I can still go that route if need be. 

• Like 1

The 521 and 620 motor mounts may share the same part number now, but 521 body parts are imperial, not metric. 

If you buy a superseded part number "521" motor mount, the nut that threads on the molded in stud on the top of the mount probably is a metric nut, and trying to use the OEM 521 imperial nut will not fit.

26 minutes ago, d.p said:

I figure for $10 its worth a shot while everything is apart.  Ill order the 1 they have in stock and compare it to the stock ones. 

Worst case I got the metric tap and die set (4AM shipping from Amazon which just blows my mind ordered at 6PM at my doorstep when I wake up) as well so I can still go that route if need be. 

If all that fails let me know, I have the 2 motor mounts that came off my truck...

Technically I will never need them again since I'm using 720 motor mounts...

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

If all that fails let me know, I have the 2 motor mounts that came off my truck...

Technically I will never need them again since I'm using 720 motor mounts...

Thanks buddy.  Hoping I can make what I have work because the rubber on the mounts seems to be just fine.

Question about this mid/half plate that I can't seem to find anywhere on the schematics, is it supposed to be half piece?  I assume this will need to go back on the 5speed? 

datt-halfplate.jpg

• Like 1