A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

OK, I am not saying this is for everyone, but I had no choice, my story first.

I put an extension in my oil light sensor hole and put just the oil sensor for the console gauges on the end of it, I drove 3 miles to the local nursery, could not find everything I needed so I stopped by Wallysworld(Walmart), I shut down my engine, locked the truck and headed towards the entrance, I noticed an oil line on the ground and thought that someone was loosing a lot of oil, I turned around and looked at where the oil trail led, it went right under my truck, I went back to the truck bent down and seen a rather large puddle of oil under my truck engine and it was still dripping on the ground, I lifted the hood and seen my extension had broke off, I was so lucky that day, I drove maybe a mile from the nursery  where it likely broke and it had puked out just over 3 quarts but it didn't hurt the diesel engine as it runs fine to this day and that happened several years ago.

I could not think of anything other than this in the photo below, it's one of them cheap oil filter sandwich adapters from ebay.

008.jpg

009.jpg

It looks like this one on ebay but I do not know for sure which thread connector you need, it has 4 of them but I don't remember which one my diesel engine used, and I am not saying this one has the adapter you need, you need to find out the thread slope you need.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Oil-Filter-Cooler-Sandwich-Plate-Adapter-M22-1-5-M20-1-5-M18-1-5-3-4-U/254284117122?hash=item3b3483b482:g:St4AAOSwWgZdHCwQ

This sandwich adapter has not leaked on me yet, but this truck is not a daily driver, it is more of a test vehicle that I try stuff I have thought of and if it works I do it to my 521 kingcab turbodiesel, well I have tried a lot of stuff and so far this adapter plate has not given me any headaches, so far.

I know that the M20XP1.5 is not the one I needed as that is the first one I ordered and it was wrong(part counter guy said that was the one I needed and he was wrong), I seem to have thrown out the package of the correct one for my Nissan diesel engine.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I showed over 90psi on my mechanical gauge in that location(pegged the gauge), I have 2 oil gauges, my electric one in the console was not working correctly until I cleaned it one day, I think the pipe tape I was using messed the ground up and I figured it out later after I already installed the mechanical oil gauge.

I have heard these sandwich adapters can leak oil, you have to keep your eye on it for a long time, mine leaked a little at first but I finally figured it out and it has not leaked since.

• Like 1

So does any one know if this is the same hosestop that posts here on ratsun?

7722 Greenleaf Avenue
Whittier, CA 90602 
Phone: (562) 696-5995

I was talking with him Saturday but haven't heard from him since..... 

I was hoping to have already shipped my ac lines to them..... 

Edited by Crashtd420

18 minutes ago, d.p said:

Pretty sure it is.  

I think so too.... I know hes in socal and this was the only one that popped up in a web search.... I'm hesitant to ship my lines out but atleast he is a ratsun member and datsun enthusiast so I am hoping all will be good sending them to him..... 

I'm wondering if my messages are going to his spam mail instead of his in box.... I find half my notifications lately in my spam folder.... 

Just hoping to call after work and get this moving along.... 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

I think so too.... I know hes in socal and this was the only one that popped up in a web search.... I'm hesitant to ship my lines out but atleast he is a ratsun member and datsun enthusiast so I am hoping all will be good sending them to him..... 

I'm wondering if my messages are going to his spam mail instead of his in box.... I find half my notifications lately in my spam folder.... 

Just hoping to call after work and get this moving along.... 

He seems like a good guy little slow but makes good product. I bought my braided clutch line from him.  He sent an SAE banjo bolt when I needed metric but he just refunded me a couple bucks to go buy one. 

• Like 2

How were you contacting him?

I even called today, no answer... left a message and they never called back.....

Getting frustrated and impatient....  I tried calling 4 more places today and no lucky... only hosestop is willing to do it for me and i can't get ahold of him so I can send the line to him.....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Charlie69 said:

HoseStop is a good person.  He has been at several SWDP Barbecues and is a stand up guy.  He does great hoses.  I will have him make my 66 520 AC hoses when it is time.

This Is why I wanna use him ...  he stepped and said he would help and that's the last I ever heard from him...

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

I was going to at first...... but initially the crimping devices I was looking at were in the 250 plus range.....

The Amazon link you posted actually shows the same ones for around 130 -160.....

That's at least a better better price....

The 2 place I know can do it I have to ship to the other coast so 70/80 to crimp plus 15 each way so that 100-110.... at this point 130 doesn't seem to bad...

I found one place thats 30min from work and about an hour from my house.... I'm gonna see if they can do them while I wait on Friday and how much..... if not I might just order that 130 unit.....

Never thought just getting lines crimped would give me this much trouble.....

• Like 1
Just now, thisismatt said:

The nice thing about doing it yourself is if anything is wrong you won't have to send it out again or hunt down someone to do it.

Yup... I'm calling that local shop at lunch.... at least they are some what close...

Depending how that conversation goes I'll either be going there Friday or ordering a crimper tonight.....

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

How were you contacting him?

I even called today, no answer... left a message and they never called back.....

Getting frustrated and impatient....  I tried calling 4 more places today and no lucky... only hosestop is willing to do it for me and i can't get ahold of him so I can send the line to him.....

hosestop@msn.com 

• Like 1

Lines are at the shop to be crimped.... gonna schedule the appointment with the garage tomorrow to charge the system... they are booked about a week or so out so I'm hoping for Monday the 26th... i dont get to much time to work on things during the week so that gives me 2 weekends to finish and 1 more paycheck to pay for it... 

• Like 3

Still driving the truck during the AC install process? 

Was thinking about maybe running out the the cars and coffee at Alphacar in Boxbourough tomorrow. Not fully decided yet... but looking to get out and stretch the 510's legs this weekend.

1 hour ago, demo243 said:

Still driving the truck during the AC install process? 

Was thinking about maybe running out the the cars and coffee at Alphacar in Boxbourough tomorrow. Not fully decided yet... but looking to get out and stretch the 510's legs this weekend.

Some days I couldnt because of the belt that runs the compressor... I had to remove the water pump pulley and alternator belt, then move the timing pointer out of the way but yes still able to drive it.  

Im actually driving around with the compressor installed right now, drove it to work today...  so now there is nothing stopping it from running, but I still have to do the final install of everything.... just got the lines back today so I have everything I need to finish it.....

If you asking if I can make that cars and coffee I dont think so.... still have a dead line to get things installed.... maybe the next one..... 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

Some days I couldnt because of the belt that runs the compressor... I had to remove the water pump pulley and alternator belt, then move the timing pointer out of the way but yes still able to drive it.  

Im actually driving around with the compressor installed right now, drove it to work today...  so now there is nothing stopping it from running, but I still have to do the final install of everything.... just got the lines back today so I have everything I need to finish it.....

If you asking if I can make that cars and coffee I dont think so.... still have a dead line to get things installed.... maybe the next one..... 

Get her done! 

If you need a hand let me know. Happy to cruise out that way.

As for cars and coffee... we'll see when I get up... ill probably be lazy tomorrow and miss it.

• Like 1