A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

Probably not much progress gonna happen this weekend...getting hit with the hottest temp and humid so far this summer.. 

Starting to miss driving the datsun... only been able to drive it a couple times in the last few weeks... I did get it out this morning to bring my Chevy tires down to get swapped, its gonna suck going to pick them up.....

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Crashtd420 said:

Probably not much progress gonna happen this weekend...getting hit with the hottest temp and humid so far this summer.. 

Starting to miss driving the datsun... only been able to drive it a couple times in the last few weeks... I did get it out this morning to bring my Chevy tires down to get swapped, its gonna suck going to pick them up.....

I drove mine this morning to go pickup a new fridge but made sure to do it as soon as they opened at 9:00AM.  No way was I trying to do it in the heat of the day.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, d.p said:

I drove mine this morning to go pickup a new fridge but made sure to do it as soon as they opened at 9:00AM.  No way was I trying to do it in the heat of the day.

I dropped the tires off early, but I just had to go pick them up... thankfully not much traffic and made it there and back quickly..... left the garage open so I could park quick and get back in the house..... I'll put the tires on early tomorrow..... screw this heat.. .

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, bilzbobaggins said:

Lulz   You guys are funny.  Its 91 and 60% humidity here.  We call that a break in the heat during the summer here.

Yeah you are used to that oppressiveness, we aren't.   Especially Crash being so far north.   

• Like 1
4 hours ago, bilzbobaggins said:

Lulz   You guys are funny.  Its 91 and 60% humidity here.  We call that a break in the heat during the summer here.

I spent a lot of time at Ft. Benning for work. Don’t miss that at all. New England gets pretty damn humid though.

I just came in from putting the 4th wall of my shed up. Going to brave the wood shop once the sun goes down.

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, Charlie69 said:

110 here today.  114 last Monday and Tuesday.  I am not whining, I just work around the temp unless I have to work through it.

Arizona is dry heat though, isn’t it? I spent a lot of time at the White Sands missile test facility too, and I just remember the sun baking your skin, but the sweat would evaporate instantly and you were always dry.

• Like 1

We are cooled by the evaporation of sweat. If the humidity is very high, evaporation is more difficult and you are less cool than where the humidity is much lower even if the temperatures are exactly the same. A breezy 100F 'feels' more comfortable than 100F and no air movement. A dehumidifier removes water from the air indoors.  An air conditioner is almost the same thing and why it sweats water like water droplets on a cold glass of beer. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

I am usually sweaty all day as you continue to sweat even in dry heat.

Yes but drier than in high humidity areas.  For this you need to constantly replenish your water and salt.

• Like 1

2 plus gallons of water a day.  Also take Niacin and Magnesium to help with the leg cramps at night.  Also drinking electrolyte water. It is our monsoon season when we have high temps with high humidity but no rain.  I do not mind high humidity as long as we get rain with it.

• Like 1

I don't give a shit anymore. As long as I'm not out in the sun, I don't let the heat bother me anymore.

Last year, I was interested in getting one of those big ass fans for the shop, so I called big ass to get a price. After about 10 emails back and forth I finally got them to tell me a number...and that number was pretty freakin high. No big ass fan for me!

• Like 1

I love how I have a whole page now dedicated to how hot it was or can be.....

And today rain.......

Atleast I had time get an inspection sticker for my Chevy and some time to work on the datsun......

Quick pic..... I got the under dash unit just about where I want it.....

20190722-162049.jpg

I'll get some pics and dimension of the bracket later since it should work out....

I still need to add a couple more mounting bolts and a small tab to keep things from bouncing around.... but other wise it should be good.....

I'm gonna switch my focus to the hoses next as I think I might need a couple extra fittings because of how I want to run the lines, so I wanna get those ordered asap..... I have enough to make the system function but I need to check if I can get where I want without any wierd bends or issues...

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Greaser2 said:

Are u concerned about getting air to the driver side. Passenger should be froze out. 

If the cab was bigger I might be concerned..... the vents turn so I can aim them towards the driver no problem which should help the passenger....

Like I said before other units would work and put vents closer to the driver but you would have to figure out the heater/ vent controls and I like the fresh air vent underneath.....

I still think I'll be ok.... I'll keep a small blanket for the passenger if they complain..... 

• Like 1

Been able to drive the datsun yesterday and today.... weather has been much cooler..... 

So for some reason I decided to try a little more timing in the distributor....

I took 4 out before across the whole range and It cured my miss fire....

I added 3 more to idle and 2 at full advance so I have 15 / 30.....

Gonna see how it likes that.... 

Luckily I can drop some timing with the app while I am driving if I need to ....

• Like 1

Well it didn't miss fire on the way home so I might add 1 more degree at idle and leave the full advance at 30....

hopefully I'll get some more work done on the ac system this weekend.... i need to pic up a 30" v belt on the way home tomorrow and then get working on running the lines.....

• Like 2