A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

Bracket under the dash is hard to photograph but you'll get the idea....

Right side has 2 bolts holding it up and 2 nuts welded on so I can mount the under dash to it... 

20190727-101959.jpg

On the left I got 1 bolt and then i was able to use a stock bracket with a small bend for a 2nd bolt to stabilize things....

20190727-102018.jpg

I'll take some better pics later when I take the bracket out to clean it up and paint it....

Eveything is basically in place, brackets are strong and stable..... 

Mocking up the lines are next.....

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Greaser2 said:

Why did u do an electric cooling fan

I never had the correct one.... when I first bought the truck the fan was broken so I snagged two motorcycle fans and rigged them up .

So I just stuck with the setup and upgraded the fans.... 

My job at a motorcycle salvage yard was great.. it supplied me a bunch a parts to get my datsun on the road..... like the rear lights are from a 93 gsxr 750 flipped upside down.. since the stock mounts were broke I could have them for free.... I just mounted them in a different way.....

• Like 1

The wife and I took the datsun out last night for our 12 year wedding anniversary... after dinner we went to the local car cruise.....

2 cars caught my eye....

20190802-200745.jpg

20190802-201035.jpg

I think the owner said it was a 90 or 92.. and he has around 500 hp..... he let my wife sit in, I think she likes it....

20190802-201058.jpg

• Like 2

The good thing was I had the compressor and belt on last night as we were driving around and I was extremely surprised at the alignment of the belt.... it was actually really good....

So today I'll be making the hoses.... 

Then I cant get the brackets painted and start assembling for the final time....

Well a wrench got throw in.... tried to rent an air conditioning line crimper and they dont rent it.... dont really wanna buy it for 250 to make 14 crimps....

Now I'm trying to find a place to crimp my lines.... tried 4 different places yesterday with no luck.... 

Any one have any advice?

I am using this type of fitting....

Screenshot-20190802-150253-e-Bay.jpg

And this is the hose...

20190802-161531.jpg

20190802-161525.jpg

Gonna reach out to hosestop here maybe he can help.....

• Like 1

Congrats on the anniversary.

I used a spirit level and placed on the crank pulley to align my alternator pulley. Worked very well. The belt can stretch and will be forgiving of a small mismatch. Been on for 7-8 years.

• Like 1

A/C system looks good. Definitely a worthy upgrade.

I was going to say the same thing about the tee...or tree in your case. If you need to have all those gadgets running off oil pressure, consider having a tee at the block (1/8 to -3 to -3 or whatever) and hook the spray bar to it, but then run another hose to a distribution block mounted on the fender well or firewall. This way you still get all those hookups, but it's not weight hung off the side of the block by one teeny little tapered fitting.

I have seen quite a few of those multi-tee fittings break from fatigue.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I don't think this will be a problem but keep in mind that a long extension fitting with any weight on the end will flex from vibration. This could cause fatigue cracks in the soft brass, snapping it off. 

I have kept that in mind....

It was worse before and had no issue so hopefully this is ok.....

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

A/C system looks good. Definitely a worthy upgrade.

I was going to say the same thing about the tee...or tree in your case. If you need to have all those gadgets running off oil pressure, consider having a tee at the block (1/8 to -3 to -3 or whatever) and hook the spray bar to it, but then run another hose to a distribution block mounted on the fender well or firewall. This way you still get all those hookups, but it's not weight hung off the side of the block by one teeny little tapered fitting.

I have seen quite a few of those multi-tee fittings break from fatigue.

I want to eventually do something like you described.... this was a temporary fix but it's much more compact than before.... the pressure gauge was reading wierd with the spray bar..... 

This made it read better .....

I'll keep my eye on it.....

Edited by Crashtd420
  • Like 2

All the lines are marked and I put a small piece of tape to keep the fittings on the correct hose.....

20190803-181246.jpg

Just got box them up and get them sent off to hose stop.....

Brackets for the dash unit.....

20190803-171139.jpg

20190803-171147.jpg

Then put a little paint on things....

20190803-180350.jpg

Tomorrow I'll prep all the edges and holes on the truck and then paint them to avoid rusting .....

• Like 1