Projekt Dora Bowell part duex...aka the "Can'tby" truck

jrock4224

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my story isn't from al,  its from the horses mouth .. and several other oregon and washington members of ratsun,  datslocos ..(my inbox and phone are full of it )... i know about the three dates they had to choose from and al was adiment that it be on canby weekend ... i know that he showed a stack of hundred dollars bills to people saying, " see i got the canby money the whole time" ... (i paid for the truck in 100's and I'm pretty sure everyone didn't use 100.00 bills to buy tickets at canby 2015.)   I was told it was donated before the controversy said he gave the cash straight to the school , shortly after.. now there's a check that was mailed to the wrong address... .. no reasons to change a story that was already told.... he even stated when wasn't gonna donate cause that lady questioned the lack of involvement... and actually stuck to that ..... called me and told me he was in a bad spot and was sick .. said name your price ... he delivered it ... thanks but you coulda washed the tree shit off it and maybe sent all the parts... I gave him a stack of hundreds out numbering the donations 2-1 maybe more i dont remember the amount.... i backed him time and time again then that story dnw had,  that i had already heard time and again from others but kept my mouth shut... even when mailgate 2016 was the new version.... bottom line he lied time and tiume and again ... datslocos should be embarrassed to be associated,  the community continues to ignore facts he even uttered himself ... all i get is yeah that needed to be saids ,  and i lost all trust in al daily ,  Im not the type o ignore facts or peddle stories fro people... fuk it i got no worries,  i never wanted the heat i got .... FUNNIEST PART......

Al used to call or text me and defend another version and promises of the real story but im not stupid .... i see the facts i dont need more bs to cloud a very clear pic ... Al is not in it for the people or the datsun... he is in it for himself ... and like i said .... what was plan b if i didn't say yes and name your price ... sell it to anyone for he donation.... he's still in the positive..now that i drop these snippets i get no calls no texts ... no members saying hey give al a break.... not one... in fact the very opposite ... Im not here to vindicate anything but you know what if the truth was told and honesty was shared and some humble im sorry guys i did this was offered i could get behind it ...BUT we have fuck canby, fuck dnw, come to my shit the same weekend bs thats its so painfully intentional ......sorry i wont ever attend a al event ... i wont donate over 1000k to a build that he is a part of and unfortunately it sours my already jaded view of clubs and datslocos ... organizations should defend a member if they are in the right but to painful sell this three legged dog and pony show ... fuck that ... peace your on your own...

the even funniester part ..... this whole shit show is and rats with dats ... and the non issues turned issues that created this divide is cause one person .... AL... Denmark boy ...  everyone come to blue lake ... we can hash it but and maybe the truth will come out ... more then likely it wont and then you will have your answer.... i dont disrespect datslocos or members and have friends that are but im not sit here and be forced to buy some shit show explanation that's changed more times then bruce jenners gender ....plain and simple i dont roll like that ... i dont need to out my sources if you read al has outed himself countless times beyond losing his credibility by changing his story ..... i had his back but not at the expense of my own ... so why were u living at your sisters ... were u sick and not able to get to ohon service or was it your in hiding .... cause u told me its all going everything no more datsuns... which makes sense if your sick or needing money but it also makes sense if your just running ... cause u sure looked fine at rats with dats.... carrying shit ... after u refused to follow the drs orders ... and were gonna solve it your way ... meah its what ever i was told to put my feelings out by a moderator and see what comes back ... all  know is i cant ignore facts and fishy behavior ... 

i will take it at face value ... bye Al..... good bye ... Im not responsible ..LEADERSHIP IS TAKING RESPONSIBILITY WHILE OTHERS ARE MAKING EXCUSES 

I told a lead mod here I wouldn't post in this thread , And I never seem to get down in text what I mean to say . So if you have issue with the way the school got paid ( which they did ) or the way it was handled . You are welcome to call 541-221-8966 . I will be glad to share with anyone  all of the information involving  the donation and above mentioned versions of events .

Holy hell! lol

My wife and I went to the coast superbowl weekend.  We came home via Eugene just to pick up parts that Al had promised to deliver multiple times over the previous 9+ months.  We had to get a hotel room in Eugene because......according to Al, he was in Portland that day delivering the money to the school....so we couldn't meet until the evening.  

I don't understand how the school could even try to hold anyone other than Al responsible.  

When he started talking about doing his own show, he made it sound like the Canby weekend was the only one he could get.....but I doubt that.  Seems like it was just a dick move.  

I certainly won't waste any time/money on something like the Canby truck again.  It started out as such a cool thing. 

All I wanted was to have fun building a great truck with people I admired and the whole thing has gone crazy . 

I did my best to control a insane project , I regret nothing about the people I met and the things that happened . 

I'm sorry if I let you down ,please contact 541-221-8966

• Like 2

A lot of people sacrificed, especially you.....so it's too bad it all went sideways.  I was happy that it seemed like it was all over, but even after a year, it doesn't seem to be.

If everyone is telling the truth, then it sounds like the school got paid multiple times.  

I actually try to avoid this kind of crap on ratsun.  I try to keep up on my threads and that's about it.  I guess I should have unsub'd rather than comment.  I'll go do that now before I start thinking about closing the account completely.

• Like 9

A lot of people sacrificed, especially you.....so it's too bad it all went sideways.  I was happy that it seemed like it was all over, but even after a year, it doesn't seem to be.

If everyone is telling the truth, then it sounds like the school got paid multiple times.  

I actually try to avoid this kind of crap on ratsun.  I try to keep up on my threads and that's about it.  I guess I should have unsub'd rather than comment.  I'll go do that now before I start thinking about closing the account completely.

Hey Mike, don't let something like this drive you off. Plenty of people appreciate your contributions!
  • Like 8

I wonder who called the BLM to try and shut Rats with Dats down....oh yeah....people like to sling shit and talk trash about others.....since this shit show has been re-opened by jrock......I'd like to know if the person from Washington state that called the BLM with the means to shut Rats with Dats down has the balls to admit it......let's see, big boy.....got balls?

• Like 1

What a cluster fuck!!! Schools paid end of story!

The school did get paid after seven months. The school called me to tell the money was delivered

Late '15 early '16? Why the delay?

What was said was said what was done was done, quit bitching, an stop instigating. This is not the time nor the place.

That goes for everyone.

This is Jrocks thread, which I assume his intent IS to be the time and place. Things were brought up in Rats 'n Dats which really wasn't the place and he was asked to shut it down.. Yes things have been said and done.... which bear closer scrutiny and maybe some answers. DNW has said a few things in the past also. As MKlotz said, a lot of people sacrificed time and money for this project. Seems a lot of things happened out of sight or worse, there is the appearance of it.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant...... Associate Justice Supreme Court,  Louis D Brandeis

• Like 2

I'm not being sued. However I was asked several times repeatedly where and how much money and why the truck was being sold yet no money has ever been donated.... I feel Like owning the truck has put me in the cross hairs for a situation I did Nothing to bring on other then. Originally donating as much as I could as well buy the truck once it was made available.....

Al I have aired this publicly cause I'm tired of phone calls and texts and shit just put it here in my thread..... This isn't the first situation like this that has come about....... It's a shame and yes u put in a lot of hard work but even as these messages get typed I get messages questioning things u told others and u have told me. At this point I don't wanna text or call and if u wanna tell the story then pour your heart out.......

Mike I too had paid for a motor some 10 Months prior and t was a long wait to get that motor and it seems that also is a common situation. He needed money asked if I could pay right away and he would bring it up then I spend half a year trying to get it....... Finally it arrived with the truck...... Mike you and I discussed the parts u donated and the front assembly, I explained to u for the wheel and tire combo I was running that i had to go back to stock track width...... U understood and asked if u could have the parts back, which we spoke about and I if told u I already sold them to another member, mike, for his truck and they would live on in Ratsun lore with another valuable member for eternity.... We laughed and agreed and I say this with a straight face and honor had I not already struck that deal I prolly would have sataifued that request........ Your parts are so nice and the r and d and parts u offer our community are both a great value, they show your passion and ability and I would not hesitate to use any of your parts and I do on both trucks.....I'm sorry

I was asked to not make snide jabs and just put the info out there and here it is........ I'm not dumb and I'm sure not gonna insult the gallery of members and ask them to understand....... The info is there if u choose to look at it and make your own decision then fine if u continue to believe the revolving door of circumstance that's fine too ........ We can bs and laugh at the next even and talk about how my pos cars and stupid commentary.......

As I told al the truck won't leave my possession and I'm a person of my words and facts........ It's gonna look different and have some new stuff but it will always be the can'tby truck and years from now when Cora and I drive up in our beaters we can all laugh and joke about that year in 2016 when we all came together to build a truck fro the betterment and it became a reality tv show....... This is a open forum and I offer and accept any opinions and comments ........ Sorry at times I get pissed at owning this truck and all that comes with it but we love it and she will enjoy it and the cloud it drags behind it .......

• Like 2

i sold it and had to donate to the school since they threatened to sue me since the money was never donated when i bought the truck ... they blew me up once they found i bought it and paid for a truck that was suspposed to be a donations...

had to break cora's heart 

I keep reading this post and need a clarification.

Money was gathered by selling raffle tickets for a truck, that money collected was supposed to have been given to the school, that was the whole reason for the raffle, people donated time and money/parts to that truck because the proceeds were going to that school, I myself do not remember the exact amount of money collected in that raffle now, what I need clarified is what money was given to the school, the money collected from the raffle, or your money?

• Like 1

The school did get paid after seven months. The school called me to tell the money was delivered

No one said the a school didn't get paid, but why when I bought the truck was it paid after and as well why was there so many story's....... Trust me I've bought a lot of things in my life and nothing hs came with this much baggage ....... And none of it was in the bed

• Like 1

Money was gathered by selling raffle tickets for a truck, that money collected was supposed to have been given to the school, that was the whole reason for the raffle, people donated time and money/parts to that truck because the proceeds were going to that school, I myself do not remember the exact amount of money collected in that raffle now, what I need clarified is what money was given to the school, the money collected from the raffle, or your money?

I wonder who called the BLM to try and shut Rats with Dats down....oh yeah....people like to sling shit and talk trash about others.....since this shit show has been re-opened by jrock......I'd like to know if the person from Washington state that called the BLM with the means to shut Rats with Dats down has the balls to admit it......let's see, big boy.....got balls?

Not sure who yor referring to but to suggest that is both ironic and hypocritical being we haven't got the story from the donation correct yet ......I don't care if it was shut down..... 20 people is 20 people

What was said was said what was done was done, quit bitching, an stop instigating. This is not the time nor the place.

That goes for everyone.

Put a sock in it Tyler ........ U complain a lot ......... Kinda like I was lied to a lot .... It's my thread I was encouraged to do this and I didn't bring it to the top, and frankly the people passing along Info deserve a voice too..

I have no proof other then I paid with a stack of hundereds, he showed members a stack of hundreds and said see I have the money still, and the fact that we all know everyone didn't pay for tickets wth 100s ....but I was told he handed the school a check to there hand shortly after the raffle, But I would be willing to bet they were all new blue 100s. As I'm so ducking weird I take old 100s to the bank to exchange for new blue ones.... I'm weird like that ....

Mike I would prefer u don't unfollow my thread but I know that's your choice......

• Like 1

We are talking about two different things Jrock, I am going to assume that you didn't have to cover the donation to the school and Al did indeed finally give them the money.

And to be perfectly clear, I am saying that Al personally gave them the money, you personally did not send the school money yourself, you just bought the truck from Al.

• Like 2

If the school got paid does the money matter.

The end justifies the means?

1/ How many raffle tickets were sold? How much made on them?

1a/ Why 7-9 months delay in sending the donation?

2/ If Jon is willing to say, how much was paid for the truck?

2a/ Were donated parts missing from the truck?

3/ How much was the donation to the school?

• Like 1

The end justifies the means?

1/ How many raffle tickets were sold? How much made on them?

1a/ Why 7-9 months delay in sending the donation?

2/ If Jon is willing to say, how much was paid for the truck?

2a/ Were donated parts missing from the truck?

3/ How much was the donation to the school?

That info is in the Canby truck thread, you read it and commented on.

• Like 1