Projekt Dora Bowell part duex...aka the "Can'tby" truck

jrock4224

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bed is ready to come off .. stripped the axle down ... fixed a bunch of shit on musty cabs and shit .. so just prepped the bed to come off ...just needs lifting off.... stripped everything off the axle....som,e pics somewhere 

They seem to be blending in with the background... :lol: 

• Like 1

Why did you strip everything off the axle?

720 leaf swap....c notch ... new cross member for rear air shocks ... i just pulled all the u bolts and blocks and stuff rear end is just sitting on leafs for now ... thanks to the person who cross threaded the u bolts .. not bad 6 out of 8 correct... lol cut off handled it .. that rear tail light wiring though...whoa... looking for new taillight harnesses .. 

anyone know why the stock fuel line wasn't used and a temporary NON fuel grade hose was run?   im gonna return it to the stock line ... although this is the most bent up set of rear brake and fuel lines i ever seen ... Im guessing there's a kink in the fuel line I'm not seeing ... I'm sorry red eye I'm gonna re coat that valve cover too to match the rest of things ......

bed damage wasnt as bad as i suspected ... lol its a truck fuck it 

7A835525-CED3-4584-A5BC-EEBEB3C7823D_zps[/u

RL]

21485E44-AA0E-4E7D-A590-73B29F3DACA9_zps

Fuck i need some bmw flag mirrors... 

• Like 3

anyone know why the stock fuel line wasn't used and a temporary NON fuel grade hose was run?   im gonna return it to the stock line ... although this is the most bent up set of rear brake and fuel lines i ever seen ... Im guessing there's a kink in the fuel line I'm not seeing ... I'm sorry red eye I'm gonna re coat that valve cover too to match the rest of things ......

No worries, just don't loose the cap. :)

• Like 1

sorry that shit was blwoing up on facebook ... some people are just not car people and don understand the responsibility of putting a car out there on the road thats nice but let alone safe....turns out rick was right ... this shouldnt have ever been on the road ... its not safe pics loading... 

• Like 4

Comments were turned off ,, but if they weren't i would have posted,,,,,,,,,,,,,They did shit work and should be fucking embarrassed.. 

You know why  they want you to drop it so badly ?  So they can come back all Tristin style and make another cash grab on something else ,,,,,,,,,,, mark my words.     

• Like 3

Comments were turned off ,, but if they weren't i would have posted,,,,,,,,,,,,,They did shit work and should be fucking embarrassed..

You know why they want you to drop it so badly ? So they can come back all Tristin style and make another cash grab on something else ,,,,,,,,,,, mark my words.

Tristin style....man is it really that bad?

• Like 1

6071BF5F-F858-421D-8D35-37FBD0449A22_zps

12AFB813-60B7-4A60-918A-5CC75021481E_zps

3D8F9CC9-3DAD-4099-AFFD-6186BA57CBC9_zps

FFE96DDC-9562-47A9-BE7B-CFA685D42ADE_zps

8415983F-8AC5-44EF-8803-74351C87F32E_zps

7818F850-B330-44D4-8242-F03A8153DFD7_zps

just relocated shock x member ... cleaned the frame off, welded notches in( these notches are a tad shallower then on my truck or the red truck ) ... made 4.25 angled blocks ... productive ... still need to replace the carrier bearing x member with one that doesn't hang down ..hate that job ... removing the x member is the worst part ... . anyway when i removed the bed i found this ... \

rear brake circuit ... 

EB2F93B6-513E-47C1-9101-0A5CA949D27E_zps

8E461D44-E445-4AD8-8710-8D451B19EC71_zps

its a three way with a fitting on the third side ... and its epoxied shut .... yes i said the rear brake circuit... ....sans a ..38 cent plug or a .79 union .. its a three way with a compression union threaded in and no cap just epoxy or gasket in a can .. its spongy ... either way its gotta go .. that's not safe ... and really a head scratcher.. i took to face book to post ... for once a post wasn't deleted but yes the mods shut the comments down .. secondly the factory fuel hard line was not used ... i took compressed air blew out a blockage of gelled fuel and intend on replacing the temporarily permanent VACUUM line used as fuel line ... its rock hard and petrified ... at this point every step forward has three steps to the side ..... i think this will be the last of it  bu who knows.... just sad this was done with the intent for someone to win this truck and drive it ... a stranger ... not like uber came over and i sketched his truck back together to get home ... like done and let a unknowing person drive away like that ... maybe im a whiney bitch ... maybe a premadonna or a douche canoe captain .. but one thing i wont do is put something on the road that will endanger others ... and definitely not letting the lady drive it like this ... I mean i may lower something to the point the inner fenders drag on the tires all the time risking a blow out ....but not this truck, it will be low just not that low ..'

need a set of tail light harnesses ... these ones look like a visit to the olive garden ... and they're out of breadsticks and salad

got a list of stuff to order today ... or tomorrow ... or thursday and have to next day air some parts in but yeah ... two weekends left and one im gone for ... hmmmm the fresh 1200 may have to haul izzo his slush box and a12

• Like 5

sorry that shit was blwoing up on facebook ... some people are just not car people and don understand the responsibility of putting a car out there on the road thats nice but let alone safe....turns out rick was right ... this shouldnt have ever been on the road ... its not safe pics loading... 

Thanks for keeping most of that shit off of here. 

It's a shame when shorcuts are taken and it's a good thing you found that before the brake fluid ate through that fitting. Hopefully once you've inspected the truck thoroughly it will be safe to drive anywhere.  

Ted, feel free to bitch in this thread where the pictures are. :)

• Like 4