Projekt Dora Bowell part duex...aka the "Can'tby" truck

jrock4224

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All  the hydraulics are bled and done ...brakes need a little break in ... and peddle adjustment ... .... re brakes were never adjusted so they are brand new ... not even sure they were making contact...... they are now .... had to fix my prop valve ... but its all good again ... now for a drivelne and wheels ... then to fix the tail lights ... they are completely wired oddly...will load some pics ..   

• Like 1

oics

852BB53F-7AD8-48D0-B180-210156BC31A2_zps

BE136E6B-A0AD-46F7-8CA8-185B47CFA37C_zps

4E7F5644-1478-4DFD-98B0-F0A8E987EC1B_zps

E41F250D-D3A1-4AED-8106-5EF125E0E247_zps

loaner vc and wheels to see where rear ride height will be ... infintis are 18 .. it will run 17's .... should be good height ... for a lady driver ... i will prolly enjoy this more then my truck... 

• Like 7

I supplied the tail lights for the Canby truck.  The tail lights were tested on my bench, and worked.  I also plugged then into a spare body, or bed wiring harness for the back of a 521, and made sure the tail lights worked by applying power to the six pin connector, that is by the starter on a 521, that connects the bed or body wiring harness to the engine room wiring harness.

I took the tail lights, and wiring harness, and other parts to Eugene, but could only spend a day there, and did not install the wiring harness, or the tail lights on the truck.  I believe the bed wiring harness was not changed to the one I tested with the tail lights, but I am not sure.

It is very common for 521 tail lights to lose grounds.  The lamp sockets are mounted on plastic, and the sockets are only grounded to the tail light frame.  The tail light frame should ground to the bed sheet metal, and the bed sheet metal should ground to the truck's frame.  But often those grounds go away after 45 years.  Run a wire directly from the tail light frame to the frame of the truck, and also make sure the trucks frame is grounded to the engine.

• Like 1

we need to talk cause someones re routed hacked the harness and shit i was assuming i was a gound issue too from the wiring but i had to just jerk half the wonky stuff out.. they worked ... i jsut want to clean up the work around ,.,, 

• Like 1

Frank came over ... well got there before me ... beat on his lagoon and added more block ... clearanced some shit ... sits lower now and leveler.... i just tinkered ont he can'tby truck ... installed a driveline i got from wayno ... gonna rebuild the other one i got from him and swap drivelines later .. then do the same for my truck too ... installed starter... messed with the torsion bars some... ride height kinda set ... set the toe with our ghetto gauge... installed starter adn some other misc engine stuff that was still off... shifter.... fuel line ... fun fact swapped lugs since m12 x 125 are 510 lugs not 521 Al !!!!!!..... thanks for once again proving i haven't found it all but the simplest of things aren't a care to u.  took the infinits off and put hard bodies on to set ride height..... the do not clear the front calipers... truck wont roll but we didnt want it to .....need the ebrake stuff from the handle to the mechanism...... then the tail lights ... sheesh .. this sat that will be the least fun ... spoke to daniel a little looks like his work was all reversed .,... gonna remove the patches and start fresh and use factory plugs again .... he looks to be right that a simple ground issue was turned into a spaghetti feed .... ay way some pics ... 

\

5025BEB7-40F7-42D1-B6C1-6196226B019C_zps

E4760A17-B693-4340-AAE0-45149C0F39AE_zps

7E5CA04D-5D78-4EC3-9E2F-A2A1FB62CB41_zps

FDFB8AE4-53C0-4C6A-B669-EE693BF56D6A_zps

B37E9127-1516-4FC6-AE88-0B1A4EE00E80_zps

• Like 8

we need to talk cause someones re routed hacked the harness and shit i was assuming i was a gound issue too from the wiring but i had to just jerk half the wonky stuff out.. they worked ... i jsut want to clean up the work around ,.,, 

I provided a non-molested harness from front to back.......so if the truck has a hacked harness, that means mine never made it on it.  I'd be a bit irritated if that's the case.   Anyway...

• Like 1

About the lugs.....it would have ended up with metric up front and imperial in the rear with my disc setup up front.....but you took that off and went back to kingpin.  Do you have a pic of the drum hub you used?  If you put a 620 drum hub on there, it uses metric lugs.  You weren't real clear in your post as to which were wrong....fronts, rears....all?  If it's the rears that are metric now, then maybe they were changed to match the 720 hubs that were on the front.  Anyway.....it may have been completely intentional and not an F'up, but either way, they metric lugs are from a later truck, not a 510......although they may have used the same studs.....no clue. :)    The metrics studs are bigger......I'm not sure you can go back to the 7/16".......will be interesting to see. :)

The unmolested harness was not put on the truck, I do know where it went

hmmm.....that seems to have happened with a handful of nice stuff I sent down.  If he didn't use it, it would have been nice to get it back.  Oh well......never again!

• Like 1

I provided a non-molested harness from front to back.......so if the truck has a hacked harness, that means mine never made it on it.  I'd be a bit irritated if that's the case.   Anyway...

The unmolested harness was not put on the truck, I do know where it went

So some donated parts were never put on the build? just wow..... just how would anyone expect this to not come to light?

• Like 2