Projekt Dora Bowell part duex...aka the "Can'tby" truck

jrock4224

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New Old Stock parts are new parts left over from parts Nissan dealers held, sometimes for many years.  NOS parts have not been out on the road, exposed to the weather.  If the NOS parts were handled carefully, and not damaged, I would consider NOS parts better than used parts.

I would suggest almost all Datsun 521 trucks need one of those.  Lets just say the front bumper on a 521 is not as strong as the frame under the truck.  A very slow impact on the front of a 521 will push the top of the bumper into the part pictured above.

• Like 1

I don't know any specifics about the harness used in the truck or the one in question that was sent to Flat. Or heater ducts

side note hoagie...not sure how taking a mint harness and replacing it with a hacked up one was a upgrade but i get your point ... it just would have been nice to not have all the lies .. transparency is paramount ... 

Whichever harness was used, it was completely gone through by DanielC prior to installation. This detail was documented in the build thread.

This could've changed its appearance.

• Like 1

i know i spoke to daniel .... we are on the same page .. it all works properly now and ive fixed the issues ... its a realy pleasant truck to drive ..... even as low as it is ... she loves it ......

and danile is correct nearly every 521 needs one of these lol all of mine doo 

• Like 2

95% of NOS parts are bullshit today. There are many knockoff parts from Thailand and anyone can make a parts label and polish up a used part. I've banned sellers from there for trying to sell rusty wrecking yard parts as NOS. People (ricers) throw the NOS 'label' around on the internet and don't even know what it means except you can charge more for it.

New Old Stock or New Obsolete Stock.

This is a part that has never been sold... although I would accept a part that was sold and never used and in original unopened package. I would also accept a part with original opened package if it was obvious that it could never have been in use. Such as a head gasket for example. Said part would need the correct Nissan part number and preferably the manufacturer name on it, such as Hitachi, Nabco, JIDECO etc. ANYTHING else is suspect and the seller told so. This is the only way to keep the term NOS true. Otherwise it is just a part with no provenance and up to the buyer to beware..

• Like 4

Unfortunately you've banned some people that were selling genuine parts as well (they may have been selling some repros also).  Some stuff was clear to see it wasn't NOS, and there were items that clearly were NOS, and now there's no way to contact said sellers about the genuine parts...luckily some have shown up on ebay.

• Like 1

I don't think so. There were complaints and it was obvious fraud so fuck him. Shipping took so long that PayPal options to get money back had expired. Practically impossible to tell real from unreal except the rusty dog dishes and worn out parts. The seller was uncooperative about how he was representing his sales so again... fuck him. If the seller had been more careful and a lot more honest there would not have been a problem. And for good measure... fuck him!

• Like 1

All parts donated should have been used on the truck, if Al had better parts to begin with and ended up using them, then those parts should not have been asked for, as this whole thing was put together for a charity cause other than restocking Al's parts stash. THAT IS THE MAIN PROBLEM. The original project was labeled as a charitable donation for a charitable cause. NEVER once was it mentioned that this was going to be a total SHIT show for PROFIT as it turned out to be.

I feel that it's somebody's dumbass fault for giving NOS parts away for an unknown somebody to have once they won the truck..

Who gives NOS parts to strangers charitable donation or not..

I gave a dash.. if he didn't use that dash or did idgaf I gave it to them.. there for its now the trucks.. if it was taken off so be it.. maybe something happened to it or they got a better one.. that why I didn't give NOS parts away... cuz that's just dumb..

• Like 1