Projekt Dora Bowell part duex...aka the "Can'tby" truck

jrock4224

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup Rick you made a large sacrifice to make all those trips down to work on the truck and okay you are appreciative. Because you say so and who else would know besides you. The way you choose to talk shit about the group who did so much to put the truck together, well appreciation doesn't really shine through.

And yes it was a great moment when someone, from the community, who had just been pulled up on stage to be given a token of gratitude for there work and dedication to the build won the truck. You looked really happy Rick. My statement about not appreciating the gift is based on your actions since then.

You should've just given the truck to Q

But I think you guys missed the point of my last post and are focused on a side note.

• Like 1

Side note: The ticket Q gave rick was actually purchased by Mike.

My lone ticket was also purchased by Mike. 2 numbers off.

I don't recall how many tickets Mike bought, but every one of them was given away.

Knew this. Part of what made it awesome that that ticket was the winner

Side note: The ticket Q gave rick was actually purchased by Mike.

My lone ticket was also purchased by Mike. 2 numbers off.

I don't recall how many tickets Mike bought, but every one of them was given away.

Well I couldn't be the winner, how would that look? Plus what would I do with it when heading back to Canada? The solution was to support the Can't Be Truck and give the tickets away. 

Hey, Matt knows where one went. Him and I and Achmed (forget his friend's name from Spokane is) went out for supper and his friend paid the tab at this Iranian or Iraqie diner so I gave him a ticket.

Don't let Mike lie to you. He was already on the road away from Canby as that happened.

Yeah I didn't really cry....

.... till maybe Wednesday when I finally got home. It was all good.

Well I couldn't be the winner, how would that look? Plus what would I do with it when heading back to Canada? The solution was to support the Can't Be Truck and give the tickets away.

Hey, Matt knows where one went. Him and I and Achmed (forget his friend's name from Spokane is) went out for supper and his friend paid the tab at this Iranian or Iraqie diner so I gave him a ticket.

Yeah I didn't really cry....

.... till maybe Wednesday when I finally got home. It was all good.

Mohammad. I forgot his user name. Mo is cool as fuck.

He owns a super cool 610 coupe and an 810 sedan.

• Like 2

Why in the actual fuck?

You use a quote of mine...then imply perpetrator of mayhem?

I have had nothing to do with this truck at all.

I sure hope the insinuation was a slight meant for Al in part to him selling off good, donated parts.

If you have not noticed Al had been pulled through the wringer many times in so many different threads.

WTF?!

I actually just made a fresh pot.

Does it not read the same to others?

RW's post seemed rather pointed in one direction...using one of my quotes, I think his sights are adjusted incorrectly.

Just sayin'.

no i read it as he was talking about Al....truck will always be a shit sow as long as I'm the caretaker ...if anything i wish the heater motor blew harder ,  fucking three of four wheels dont hold air on my temp wheels.... sigh better not ruin my new tires lol 

its a truck it will be used ..... merry x mas 

7E31C1E8-AA09-447A-9AC5-CB7F8246F66F_zps

7BDE0689-3634-4C9E-ADD9-2072396411FB_zps

• Like 7

lol honestly i would have been money ahead to just build one of the trucks i had ... i thought i was helping a friend out...door cards and kicks are at the upholstery shop being re wrapped ... the glue had let go ..... i do have a question for the builders .,.. anyon know what gearing is in the rear diff?   feels like my truck 3.90 wanted to try the 4.36 with the 5 sp ... 

kinda feel like the new motor busta built that is sweet was broke in wrong.... its puffing a little smoke on accelerate between gears ... best part of the build

K. Just checking.

i didn't know u and Denmark were tight either ?!?

side note hoagie...not sure how taking a mint harness and replacing it with a hacked up one was a upgrade but i get your point ... it just would have been nice to not have all the lies .. transparency is paramount ... 

• Like 4

kinda feel like the new motor busta built that is sweet was broke in wrong.... its puffing a little smoke on accelerate between gears ... best part of the build

I had this happen with a 75k original miles 1990 camry i bought for my gf, added a pint of marvel mystery oil (recommended by an engine builder) and did the trick, sometimes rings don't seat properly even if you do follow break in procedure to the letter, try that Jrock, won't hurt anything.

• Like 2