Projekt Dora Bowell part duex...aka the "Can'tby" truck

jrock4224

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About the lugs.....it would have ended up with metric up front and imperial in the rear with my disc setup up front.....but you took that off and went back to kingpin.  Do you have a pic of the drum hub you used?  If you put a 620 drum hub on there, it uses metric lugs.  You weren't real clear in your post as to which were wrong....fronts, rears....all?  If it's the rears that are metric now, then maybe they were changed to match the 720 hubs that were on the front.  Anyway.....it may have been completely intentional and not an F'up, but either way, they metric lugs are from a later truck, not a 510......although they may have used the same studs.....no clue. :)    The metrics studs are bigger......I'm not sure you can go back to the 7/16".......will be interesting to see. :)

they jiggled when installed ... phixius is who noticed that .... the truck uses machined 521 hubs up front... the rear was not changed they had metric lug nuts ....sky blue provided the hubs with the freshly rebuilt king pins i sent him a year ago in the trade... he is using the cantby brake set up off the truck and lovin it ... he got the master and the prop valve too ... everything but the soft lines ... even the hard lines off the truck ... i remade them all back to the factory locations,,, ted and andrew provided clips and rubbers .......the harness is modified or "hacked" i dont know other then i am pretty sure since starting work in this truck i have rebuilt everything in less time then he took to assemble it... minus the paint work that will be re done too when i replace the bed .... and fix the doors lol someone wanted the mirrors ... was that u rick ?   i need to find another set or two of ti mirrors ... 

So some donated parts were never put on the build? just wow..... just how would anyone expect this to not come to light?

lol cause he had no idea i was gonna re do everything ...... plus hes opportunistic with no conscience ...... out of sight out of mind type thing ... he has a loyal following locally .. so i think its safer bet to hose people that aren't local... at this point i wish i would just built the truck I just sold and delivered icehouse and sam.....i woulda been money ahead ... i digress... 

That uber rare still intact rubber heater box/fresh air vent

now I'm gonna pull it off and put it on my truck  :angel:  :angel:  :ninja:

• Like 5

Frank came over ... well got there before me ... beat on his lagoon and added more block ... clearanced some shit ... sits lower now and leveler.... i just tinkered ont he can'tby truck ... installed a driveline i got from wayno ... gonna rebuild the other one i got from him and swap drivelines later .. then do the same for my truck too ... installed starter... messed with the torsion bars some... ride height kinda set ... set the toe with our ghetto gauge... installed starter adn some other misc engine stuff that was still off... shifter.... fuel line ... fun fact swapped lugs since m12 x 125 are 510 lugs not 521 Al !!!!!!..... thanks for once again proving i haven't found it all but the simplest of things aren't a care to u. took the infinits off and put hard bodies on to set ride height..... the do not clear the front calipers... truck wont roll but we didnt want it to .....need the ebrake stuff from the handle to the mechanism...... then the tail lights ... sheesh .. this sat that will be the least fun ... spoke to daniel a little looks like his work was all reversed .,... gonna remove the patches and start fresh and use factory plugs again .... he looks to be right that a simple ground issue was turned into a spaghetti feed .... ay way some pics ...

\

5025BEB7-40F7-42D1-B6C1-6196226B019C_zps

E4760A17-B693-4340-AAE0-45149C0F39AE_zps

7E5CA04D-5D78-4EC3-9E2F-A2A1FB62CB41_zps

FDFB8AE4-53C0-4C6A-B669-EE693BF56D6A_zps

B37E9127-1516-4FC6-AE88-0B1A4EE00E80_zps

Lookin damn good.......

• Like 5

Maybe we outta hose him somehow

bukake party in tenono wa at the Ted's?

This story has travelled through so many threads now. Damn.

lol i was asked by a mod to make a build thread and i did ... its a roller coaster... just happy her truck will be on the road soon for her to enjoy ... she keeps high jacking my 510 and driving it to work ... 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

exhaust is done and awesome... swapped the brake pads and it stops better..... drives way nicer then my truck does ... maybe i should raise mine up ... motor pulls hard.... its been dimmly showing me a oil light ... but it looks more wiring or bulb related then pressure related.... 

fucking truck is cursed ...dont wanna talk about it but i need the rest of the e brake stuff hat was never sent with the truck to make it a completely finished truck 

interior panels are back at the upholstery shop being re glued ... then to chase down water leaks ......ugh more hole s in the fire wall then cheese.....

need a wiper motor grommet,  ebrake assembly to connect to the lines at the firewall ..  needs different wheels ... needs to work more 

already hauled two loads of firewood in here and road like stock 

• Like 5

Um...Al sold me a 521 engine harness that seemed to be in really good shape about a month or so prior to Canby.

Is this the harness you speak of Rick?

It staggers me that the perpetrator of all of the grief over this truck hasnt been beaten to a bloody pulp!

Whilst im not generally an advocate of mob rule/violence, there just may be some exceptions sometimes!

Whats sorta comforting about this whole saga is that someone like Jrock has ended up with the truck. Would like to see the shiznit powdercoated out of everything though, and, as previously mentioned, the front number plate, well......................

• Like 1

Why in the actual fuck?

You use a quote of mine...then imply perpetrator of mayhem?

I have had nothing to do with this truck at all.

I sure hope the insinuation was a slight meant for Al in part to him selling off good, donated parts.

If you have not noticed Al had been pulled through the wringer many times in so many different threads.

WTF?!

• Like 1

Why in the actual fuck?

You use a quote of mine...then imply perpetrator of mayhem?

I have had nothing to do with this truck at all.

I sure hope the insinuation was a slight meant for Al in part to him selling off good, donated parts.

If you have not noticed Al had been pulled through the wringer many times in so many different threads.

WTF?!

Get some coffee, bro

• Like 4

Get some coffee, bro

And.... they're off!!!!!

X2 on the coffee

I actually just made a fresh pot.

Does it not read the same to others?

RW's post seemed rather pointed in one direction...using one of my quotes, I think his sights are adjusted incorrectly.

Just sayin'.

• Like 1

It staggers me that the perpetrator of all of the grief over this truck hasnt been beaten to a bloody pulp!

Whilst im not generally an advocate of mob rule/violence, there just may be some exceptions sometimes!

Whats sorta comforting about this whole saga is that someone like Jrock has ended up with the truck. Would like to see the shiznit powdercoated out of everything though, and, as previously mentioned, the front number plate, well......................

Seems like the perp is the author of the truck build. If it had a good harness donated and a shitty one was swapped and the good one sold it's not your fault. It was posited that there may be lots of donated parts that didn't end up on the truck and were sold off. 

• Like 3

So I actually know something about the build. Was there doing it. Not in Canada or Australia or WA. At the time of the build there were 3 or 4 520 or 521's in Al's driveways at belonged to him. We pulled parts off those trucks to find the best ones available. Also Al had shelves of parts before the build even started. When parts came in, if Al had a better part in his personal stock compared to what was donated by someone else, in general his parts were installed and the donated part was put on the shelf. Less than even trade. Some might want to bitch about this now because there donated part wasn't actually used in the build but I'm sure that at the time if this trade was communicated there would've been no bitching. The justification was an is that it would've been a waste shipping the parts back, Al didn't have to supply all his best parts (at least they were replaced with a lesser condition part) and the best condition parts were used.

I don't know any specifics about the harness used in the truck or the one in question that was sent to Flat. Or heater ducts

That is the extent of what I know about specific parts used. I spent the majority of my time doing body and paint prep the best that I could for a back yard body man. I'm proud of the overall finished product. In just over 6months we threw together a truck and it was raffled off to a Datsun enthusiast. To bad he didn't appreciate it and it was sold and then sold again, plus all the drama that has followed.

Edit:

And just to be clear I personally had nothing to do with receiving, inventorying, and choosing replaced parts. Also had nothing to do with money donations so don't even ask or start in on that bs again.

• Like 1

Hogie

I did appreciate the truck and all that worked on it by everyone that worked on it, but was not needing a project, That is why I sold it back to AL. I went down there three times to work on that truck. The last time I was still recovering from when I wrecked my truck and was I still in a great deal of pain, but I did what I could.
 I am happy that jrock got the truck and has had the time to finish it properly

• Like 1

The look on Rick's face when he won the truck was priceless.

Not a person in attendance would say rick was not excited/appreciative. Hell, I think there was even a tear or two.

I told Al this same thing this morning. Like most everything Datsun, this turned in to a shit show real fast. Downfall? There was a large audience present for every chapter in this story.

• Like 2