2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

on the list .... I need to find the color code .... I'm gonna use some 520 doors and latches I have .......I'm not a fan of these mirrors .....and ones loose.... but as u know everything always needs tweaking ...got a 5sp and stuff and prolly gonna go back to the narrower track width in the front ...... me and my lows need narrowest front end possible 

• Like 5
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on the list .... I need to find the color code .... I'm gonna use some 520 doors and latches I have .......I'm not a fan of these mirrors .....and ones loose.... but as u know everything always needs tweaking ...got a 5sp and stuff and prolly gonna go back to the narrower track width in the front ...... me and my lows need narrowest front end possible 

Scooter stuff would know the code. Also Al had like a gallon of paint still that was left over.

• Like 3

What is the difference between the 520 doors and 521 doors?

The only thing I would say is those doors have zero rust inside and out because they were dipped. But I have no idea of the advantages of the 520 doors.

• Like 2

It depends on what year 520 the doors are from, if you look at the door locking mechanism in the door on the truck now, and then look at the lock mechanism on the donor door, if they are the same, you are good to go, if they are different, then it's not going to work, they are not interchangeable, the lock mechanisms are not even in the same places.

I suppose one could start cutting and welding, but it's easier to find a set of doors.

• Like 1

The door latch on a 520 is at a different height that on a 521.   520 doors do not have a lock button on the inside you can pull up to unlock the door or push down to lock it.  Some early 521 doors do not have the lock pull, or the hump in the door to locate it.

520 door do have a chrome door close pull, that will screw on a 521 door, to replace the plastic one. 

I think 520 door have a spring counterbalance window regulator.

• Like 3

Yeah, and Al didn't pocket the cash he got from selling it

...right?

tumblr_nsujlpQs4z1uc593x_og_1280.jpg

• Like 1