2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

Guest Rick-rat

Free meaning the 80.00 I gave Al for delivery, delivered because it didn't run and was not safe to drive. Please have your facts straight. I know you personally did a lot of work to the truck and I am not blaming anyone that it wasn't done. It should have been raffled it at Blue Lake and you wouldn't have been so rushed. It was just too much to accomplish in the time frame

I'm sorry you don't want to hear the truth

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Rick, you could always start your exit RIGHT FUCKING NOW! I think we're all pretty sick and tired of your bitch ass coming here and wining about what you didn't get. You want something else for free, go find it somewhere else. 

• Like 3

Free meaning the 80.00 I gave Al for delivery, delivered because it didn't run and was not safe to drive. Please have your facts straight. I know you personally did a lot of work to the truck and I am not blaming anyone that it wasn't done. It should have been raffled it at Blue Lake and you wouldn't have been so rushed. It was just too much to accomplish in the time frame

I'm sorry you don't want to hear the truth

Yeah, great idea because a 5 hour event is great for raising money for charity. 

We all know the truth Rick. The truck was brought to you needing a few things wrapped up. You were unable to perform that work.

You know, if you would have just said, "Al, listen, I'm going to have a hard time completing these tasks to get this thing on the road. Do you think you could help me while the truck is still down at your place?"

He would have said, "Absolutely, Rick!" and we would have all gladly chipped in to see you drive it home.

Hind sight is 20/20.. All your bridges have been pretty well burnt to the ground. It's sad.

I guess it's time to get into domestics.  

• Like 2

Holy fucking shit!!!   I've got a lot of hours invested in the front end parts, a lot of $'s, and a handful of NOS parts that I can't replace, into this truck.   I see and understand both sides of what's going on here.  I still consider Rick a friend....he's done a ton for the Datsun community over the years!  I don't have anything bad to say about any of the parties involved in this post-Canby fiasco...........but I'm going to unsubscribe to this thread right now before I do!

• Like 6

Again rick its not that the truck didn't work for you its the way you go about saying it. I know you personally and I know how you are so I don't get offended by it but its quite obvious that others do. Many things could have gone been done a different way, by every one involved, most of it here on Ratsun.

Rick, I had nothing against you until this point. But the truck was so close to being done that Al got it finished within the first couple hours of it being in his hands, then put 50+ miles on it. For you to make all these comments is slapping all of the people that donated parts and labor across the face, then giving Al a sucker punch to the face. Do you really think $80 would have been enough got a tow company to deliver a truck to your door from 5 hours away? Al hooked you up and you're acting like it was bullshit you even had to pay since it was supposed to be able to drive out of the show. Guess what, if you asked all of us when we were up on stage when you won, to come help you get it going, I guarantee you would've driven home.

Stop placing the blame elsewhere, you know all of this could've been avoided.

• Like 2

I hope everything works out for everyone.

I hope everyone upset can take a day off, drive your car, take a hike, play outside, enjoy this life and smile.

Because in the biggest picture, we and the truck are only here for a fraction of the smallest measurable amount of time.

It was a great story in all ways, I have never read a good book that didn't have a downfall and a triumph.

#f*uck tendril, Rick, flat, nanners, notes, mike, and just the TIP.

• Like 9

I've kept out of this until now because the only thing I've had invested in the truck is my time reading this thread. It started out awesome, turned shitstorm. I love the way everyone came together and produced an awesome truck. If I could have been at Canby and won it I'd have driven that sum bitch all the way back across the country. After I'd had everyone that worked on it sign the tailgate.

My only advice is: don't dig a hole while you're standing in it.

• Like 4

FE245F94-23FB-4821-809C-EB26EFD0B7EE_zps

BA71DE46-88E1-4FD4-AF90-8FA06B88FF19_zps

C0D8B6EC-4C1E-48E0-8D27-724D6A5BE926_zps

8AD14550-E7DE-42D2-ADA4-5B37C747D9F8_zps

Can we please move on.....Rick....I understand you're going through some shit right now........

...........meds and treatment suck ass and you feel like shit constantly.......

......and........

...........for some reason.........all you want is negative attention when you hop on here.....

For YOUR sake.....you need to stay in a positive mindset.......cancer feeds off hate, anger, and stress.....NO JOKE

I'm sure if you try to stay uplifted and maybe give some POSITIVE criticism......

..........you might be met the same way...........

Just sayin'.....

• Like 8

Albert, don't want the pin back or the other item I sent to you. They mean nothing to me and will just trash them if you send them back

Getting rid of everything at my house that says, Datsun, Ratsun or anything associated with it. when it's all gone I will be too from this forum

so i was the last person to physically talk to rick at a datsun event./... great the curse of j cock 

klYkMIY.jpg

lulz ...

Can we lock this thread, and sling turds in insomniacs?

There is and always will be a fundamental difference of opinion on the state of the truck when it was raffled off. Look, we built a truck in 6 months. We got it running, driving, stopping. Yes we ran out of time. That's what happens when you build a truck in 6 months on purely donated labor. When it came down to the wire, there was just a handful of locals busting their ass to get the truck to the show. We sacrificed countless hours.. literally working through the night FOR CHARITY. Not only that, but it was hand delivered.. for free to the owners door. Free meaning, Al paid for everything. 

We are sorry that you were so misfortuned to win a prize winning show truck.

/end thread.

i multiquoted so long ago i forgot what this was gonna get for a response... 

Thanks man. Feels good to be back. Have more pics to upload to my photofuckit and I'll update my thread as I continue.

It's been a few years. Way past time to just forget about it and move on.

jesus not only lat e to the game and gettng back but ... is this a response to page 18?

and i blame busta for wearing a 49ers hat while working on this clearly NW inspired truck ....... aldon smith move of the year... ok lock it up before celica guy comes in here

• Like 2
Guest Rick-rat

Rick, I had nothing against you until this point. But the truck was so close to being done that Al got it finished within the first couple hours of it being in his hands, then put 50+ miles on it.

Last thing I have to say about this, bullshit posts like these piss me off. Never had a 521 didn't know anything about them, when I would post a question it was seen as bitching, or whining. I can't do anything about the changes that my last stroke made in me. Anyone that really knows me is aware of the changes I have had to deal with and knows I would do anything I could to help others out

Yes he got it on the road within a couple of hours, only because everything else was done on the truck after many bouts of frustration, anger, exhaustion. I know you all don't want to believe everything that was needed to be done to make the truck safe and legal for the road. The only thing that I really had a problem was the lies told to me directly to my face. Albert had a great idea, the execution is where it failed. I'm so sorry for those of you that can't accept the truth Goodbye

• Like 2

I've been trying to stay out of this, as best I can. Biting my tongue a lot. Can't say nothing any longer. This truck was put together in a very short amount of time. It was supposed to be a driver. No one, especially Al, expected us to take the build half as far as we did. It is a beautiful truck! That's it. The people here came together to accomplish an amazing feat. Say what you may, but to me it is outright disrespectful, and unacceptable, to be unappreciative of such a prize.

If I were fortunate enough to have won this truck, it would have been transported directly to my garage, and I would have fully expected to put a wrench on every bolt, to make sure nothing was overlooked. This truck was not assembled in a factory, it was tirelessly pieced together in a back yard, under impossible conditions. I would have been in no hurry to get it road worthy, as it would not have been a daily driver. I would have enjoyed the time, and appreciated the efforts of the contributors who put this truck together.

Glad it's in Al's hands now. Thank you for that, Rick.

• Like 5

Well, this thread has taken a weird turn... I've been following it from the beginning and I think that 521 is a hell of an accomplishment. Perfect or not, I've never seen a project like that come together the way it did with people from all over the country donating time and parts. A real testament Al's organizing skills and the generally good vibes in Datsun-driver-land. 

I don't think it needed to get so ugly, but hey, maybe Rick was getting tired of the Datsun thing and decided to go out in a blaze... idunno... Al will give this truck its proper due.

Anyway, this thread needs a palate cleanser. Any new pictures?

• Like 1

If I were fortunate enough to have won this truck, it would have been transported directly to my garage, and I would have fully expected to put a wrench on every bolt, to make sure nothing was overlooked. This truck was not assembled in a factory, it was tirelessly pieced together in a back yard, under impossible conditions. I would have been in no hurry to get it road worthy, as it would not have been a daily driver. I would have enjoyed the time, and appreciated the efforts of the contributors who put this truck together.

^^^  This x ∞ 

• Like 2