2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today should be a day to celebrate the story of this truck . 

We came together as a group to build a truck from just a suggestion . There was never any guarantee any of us win it . Yet we all went forward with an idea that now seems crazier than ever . And we succeeded !

Did we build a perfect truck ? No .  Did we build a datsun ? yes . 

We did build our community , and it would be a shame to let that be forgotten . So I would ask that we start fresh today and please realize that we have won ! The truck will stay in our community , it will be shared among us

Rick , thank you for working with me . please know this community owes you a thank you . There are others that would have just posted it on ebay .   Although some of your actions say otherwise , you and I know you would have never sold it.   Thank you 

Now can we move on with sharing this truck ?  I want to share the stories of all 50+ of us that built this truck . And how we did it thru a community called Ratsun.net . If it was not for the forum connecting us all this would have never happened . 

Here she is . . . come see her at a future event near you .

IMAG5252_zpsqymcv2cb.jpg

• Like 17

I'll keep this positive note going and start off.

I'm glad I got to be a part of the build. I said it once, and I'll say it again, every time I worked on the truck it was a free Datsun class for me. During every work party or just the days I went over on my own with Al, I'd learn something new. My favorite part of the build was firing the engine for the first time. I got walked through wiring the coil and distributor, then got to see how to troubleshoot various issues. I can't thank all you guys enough that taught me anything about this truck and other Datsun's during work parties and meets.

I'm glad I'll get to see the truck more often now, I hope you find another awesome Datsun that better suits your wants Rick!

• Like 4

So glad to hear this truck is now in the hands of Al. He is certainly the best caretaker for this Ratsun Gem. The build shows how the community came together and also helped raise money for a worthy cause. I am sorry I was not closer to actually lend a hand on it. I was able to participate by contributing a donation but it would have been cool to wrench with you guys.

Great Truck, Great Community. Great day to own a Datsun!

• Like 4

So Al, any plans to change anything on the truck?

Not really , I would like to find away for us( ratsun/datsun community ) to share it .

In my opinion we created magic. It would be an amazing feet to do what we just did , and have it turn out the way it has . This is a one of a kind story. Just like every one of or datsuns, it's all about the story.

• Like 4

I totally agree with your Rhino. Personally, I had an absolute blast meeting everyone of you that worked on this truck. Well, almost everyone. I did miss a few Saturdays damn it. 

I am honored to have worked with all of you!

Did I hear work party on Saturday?!  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:       :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 6

I totally agree with your Rhino. Personally, I had an absolute blast meeting everyone of you that worked on this truck. Well, almost everyone. I did miss a few Saturdays damn it. 

I am honored to have worked with all of you!

Did I hear work party on Saturday?!  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:       :rofl:  :rofl:

BBQ work party you know how we do it !

You should come down tomorrow . It going to be good time with lots of datsuns.

• Like 4

Your poor wife...

I rather not go there.

Don't lower it. It's a slippery slope after that. Besides the stock height looks way better anyway.

In the picture I posted on the last page it has already been lowered 2 inches . And I am leaving it there . It drives great there ( 8 Mile shack down today.

Spacer got left out of steering wheel if was clamped tight against the column housing.

And will be aligned Tomorrow. .

• Like 4