2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE the fact that Rick won the truck!!   I would have loved it if Al had won it too !  hell ,if any of the guys that put so much time, effort, & money for parts into the build had won I would be happy!   when we're ready to look for people to help with their Datsun projects, let me throw my name in the hat.  I have hoped my 521 would be at Canby 2 years in a row now, but s#@% happens ,& it's not ready yet.  hopefully it will be ready to take to Blue Lake.  If not, maybe I will some help.   I would love to have my 610 wagon at Canby next year too .    I am definitely in for the idea of work parties/ Bbq's too,   any excuse to get together with a bunch of fellow Datsun people sounds great to me!

• Like 2

After reading through the comments here about the discussion between Al & Starr ,also because the May Datslocos meet/fun run was my meet, my responsibility,  and because I am friends with both of them, I would like to offer a few thoughts, then I will do as Al asked ,& let the subject drop.   

If everyone can try to remember that it is very easy to get all fired up about things that we feel are important,& that when we're all fired up we sometimes say or do things in a manner that isn't the most appropriate way, it may help here.   I have said or done things while all fired up that later I wished I had done more politely.  I'm sure we all have.   had Starr given me the vendors business cards, I can't say that I would have called them either, especially if I had as much on my plate as Al had at that point.  I feel that it is Datsuns nw choice which vendors to invite.    Neither Al, nor myself [as the person responsible for the event that Starr gave us the business cards at. ] were in an appropriate position to be inviting vendors to someone else's event.   As far as I know, there has not been anybody elected to take Dave Bothwell, Julie, or any other Datsuns NW board members position yet.     it's anybody's ball game at this point.   while we may not agree with the way things were said, at the very least we have to give Starr some credit for trying to pick up the ball,& keep the game [ the Canby show] going.  it sounds like Al handled things the same way I would have, & just let her say her piece, even though the time/place/ & way it was said was not the most appropriate.   In committees there is a system of rules known as "Robert's Rules of Order" used specifically to avoid these kinds of conflicts.   I have served as an officer on several committees for large events, that the members felt as strongly about as we all do about this Datsun community of ours.   I can tell you from 30+ years of experience that this kind of thing happens from time to time, with a little patience & trying to see things from the other persons perspective we can all still work together towards a common goal,

• Like 6

If everyone bought 21 tickets, there would have been 35.714 people who bought tickets. A 2.8% chance is 1 in 35.714 odds. If Datzenmike bought 3 tickets, and could have given the winning ticket to 3 different people, then Qtip had a 1 in 2,250 chance of winning. If Qtip could have given his ticket to any of the 50 people who helped with the truck build, then Rick-Rat had a 1 in 112,500 chance of winning.

My luck usually works out to perfection by accident.

That is literally against all odds that it worked out that way.

• Like 2

Which Mike is from Calgary? Who here is from Canada actually? Charlie and Z Chopper? Itd be nice to meet all together at one point. Hell, I would appreciate everyone to show up! I just have to get moving on my project...

• Like 2

Kinda curious what these vendors were gonna be peddling? Were they food trucks or something? I woulda been pretty pissed too if I was expecting to get an elephant ear or curly fries and then... nothing.

Shame on you, Al. Get it together ;)

• Like 4

The impression I got was that they sold auto products, not food. Either way, it wasn't Al or I's place to invite businesses to come sell Thier products at the show, because it was not a Datslocos event. The business cards would have been better given to a board member of Datsuns NW, since it's Thier event. It would be kind of similar to me inviting the Kirby vacuum sales team over to your house, & obligating you to buy one of Thier vacuums

• Like 1

Which Mike is from Calgary? Who here is from Canada actually? Charlie and Z Chopper? Itd be nice to meet all together at one point. Hell, I would appreciate everyone to show up! I just have to get moving on my project...

.....datzenmike.....

• Like 2

Saskatoon. Deffinatly would make a treck somewhere to meet up

• Like 1

He left the front gate at 1pm sharp. He must be taking the long way home.

i didnt even know he was standing next to me and then he walked off ... and i made him come back so i could introduce the one the only j cock ...

i was about to suggest a run to d mike territory this summer but i cant cross the border so i will have to wait at the ferry dock or in blaine .. lol 

• Like 1

i didnt even know he was standing next to me and then he walked off ... and i made him come back so i could introduce the one the only j cock ...

i was about to suggest a run to d mike territory this summer but i cant cross the border so i will have to wait at the ferry dock or in blaine .. lol 

I cant either. I am on the no travel list because of the way child support laws are. Even though I am current on my support for the kids I have to contact the state to make sure my passport is ok for travel.

• Like 1

The impression I got was that they sold auto products, not food. Either way, it wasn't Al or I's place to invite businesses to come sell Thier products at the show, because it was not a Datslocos event. The business cards would have been better given to a board member of Datsuns NW, since it's Thier event. It would be kind of similar to me inviting the Kirby vacuum sales team over to your house, & obligating you to buy one of Thier vacuums

lol loren well put ... plus dont they know we all drive datsuns that use parts that we buy rom junkyards and other various cheap avenues... we dont buy new shit ... 

• Like 5