2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

Might want to consider a 50/50 raffle that runs for months or all year leading up to Canby and maybe not a "need to be present to win".   I'm not sure there's many people like Al that can/will take on that kind of project after seeing the effort put into this one.  Just a thought.

But......doing it the way Al did certainly proved his point or achieved what he was after.......bringing the community together for the benefit of the community!

• Like 8
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to use this build as an example of what we can do as a community . And use this to help each other . 

I would rather take a couple months and let people who need there rig fixed submit there name intoa hat , we pull a name and do what we can to fix that car/truck and make sure that it makes it to Canby the next year . I am not talking about building hem a new vehicle , but helping them to finish what they have already started . 

In this way we could carry on this tradition and we would be helping each other . . just an idea . 

• Like 12

I would like to use this build as an example of what we can do as a community . And use this to help each other . 

I would rather take a couple months and let people who need there rig fixed submit there name intoa hat , we pull a name and do what we can to fix that car/truck and make sure that it makes it to Canby the next year . I am not talking about building hem a new vehicle , but helping them to finish what they have already started . 

In this way we could carry on this tradition and we would be helping each other . . just an idea . 

Round Robbin work Parties would be cool too. Names in a hat and helped in order of drawn names? 

• Like 5

I just hope PMSpsychoBITCHdramaQUEEN doesn't become president of datsuns northwest, if so then this community will really have to pull something out of a hat to make our own annual event, she will ruin Canby forever with her poison....

So what exactly happened with her that I missed? Flatcat mentioned something along the same lines? 

Rick got the truck.

Al got the Ratsun award.

Both went exactly where they should have.

Rick, I made my peace with you.

Al, oh man. It was great meeting you and your family.

Thank you for your hospitality as well. Good man.

I wish you were closer. I'd love to help out on anuthing you got planned.

Meetings, 2016 RatRod 620, etc.

Down guy. Cheers.

Thanks for the kind words , One thing I've learnt from being on this forum is . . .   never leave flat cat or q tip alone with a pile of name tags ..

Your always welcome at my place dude and my family thought you fit right in .

See ya up at hobo's bbq ?  

• Like 2

I just hope PMSpsychoBITCHdramaQUEEN doesn't become president of datsuns northwest, if so then this community will really have to pull something out of a hat to make our own annual event, she will ruin Canby forever with her poison....

I'm not sure what she said but there is no need to call people that have worked very hard at making Canby what you expereinced this year what it is,,,, harsh names there ,,,,,, NEWB

The Granges are the same way,, new guys come in saying "I had a great time,  lets make this bigger next time!!"   then leave,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and the same ole people pick up the chairs wash the dishes ,, sweep the floor .... It is the main reason they are all closing around the country..

• Like 6

I'm not sure what she said but there is no need to call people that have worked very hard at making Canby what you expereinced this year what it is,,,, harsh names there ,,,,,, NEWB

The Granges are the same way,, new guys come in saying "I had a great time,  lets make this bigger next time!!"   then leave,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and the same ole people pick up the chairs wash the dishes ,, sweep the floor .... It is the main reason they are all closing around the country..

Edit

I was mellow on my comment and I don't take any of it back, what she said to Al out of all people was disgusting and uncalled for, Draker and I were stunned and nearly vomiting in our mouths, watch the video!

I would rather just put this to rest , 

FACT : She chewed me out for not contacting some vendors she wanted to have come to canby to sell there wears .  Video day 1 thread  2:35 

Sorry but i didnt bring or promote any vendor , this wasn't about making money it was about our community . 

Thats all I have I have to say on that topic .

• Like 7

that's a 3hr 40min video :lol:

After a bit, we killed the once we realized where the conversation was going. I'll watch it back. I could give a shit less about the lady, but I don't want anything to reflect poorly on Al and his affiliation with Northwest Datsuns. He is a member.

• Like 2

Thanks for the timestamp.
Didn't sound like she was too out of line to me, but it did sound as though there was a lack of communication on her part as to what exactly she was trying to accomplish at the fun run. To bad you guys cut the audio. :)

Not sure why she gave whatever business cards to Al? I will say though if she wanted specific vendors to be there, she should contacted them

• Like 6

Thanks for the timestamp.

Didn't sound like she was too out of line to me, but it did sound as though there was a lack of communication on her part as to what exactly she was trying to accomplish at the fun run. To bad you guys cut the audio. :)

Not sure why she gave whatever business cards to Al? I will say though if she wanted specific vendors to be there, she should contacted them

I agree HUGE  lack of communication

I dont carry a title with Datsuns Northwest , Except " member " just like a few of you . I dont and never had any control over who is allowed to be a vendor at their event .  

chewing me out for not bring her vendors to the event seemed out of line , this is not the way I would want the president of my organization talking to someone that was there to support your club  . 

I put a ton of time and tons of my own money into making this a success for Datsuns Northwest and the others attending Canby . Sorry if I forgot to call two business so they could come make a buck off the datsun community . 

• Like 4

I really don't care what she said to him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what i said is true and i stand behind it. She may have directed it at Denmark but he might have just been the match that set off the dynamite.

And I respect your opinion, but there are boundaries that have to be respected especially when you hold important positions, you simply do not chew out someone that worked his butt off in public in the center of an important event with live stream to top it off, whatever issue or complaints you may have....you do it in PRIVATE.

That is all I have to say on this subject, and out of respect for Al and the rest of the community I won't make anymore comments about it in this thread.

Diego.

• Like 5