It's playing out just like I thought it would; just heard on the radio (Armstrong & Getty show) that some senators are thinking that they acted too hastily in calling for Franken's resignation, which lends an incredible amount of credence tp the theory that his delayed resign announcement was predicated on this going away.  Hey, since the terrorist spokes groups and funding organizations CAIR and LaRaza did a balls to the wall effort to whip up voter frenzy, and quite possibly assisted by Acorn type busing in of voters from MS and GA managed to defeat Roy Moore, there is really no value in going after one of our own anymore.

Well Franken did apologize so it's all good now.And yes his delayed resignation meant he really wasn't going anywhere.I hope i'm wrong.

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Franken did apologize so it's all good now.And yes his delayed resignation meant he really wasn't going anywhere.I hope i'm wrong.

If Franken stays, the Dems will have squandered any foe moral political theater cache they gained from the Moore shit show. The entire Trump machine and Rep establishment took that risk and lost big. It's all a calculation of how strong their political BS is. It's how political parties amass power by who is able to manipulate the most people. 

• Like 1

giphy.gif

Canada’s health-care wait times hit new record high, again

December 7, 2017

Provinces such as British Columbia (26.6 weeks) and Alberta (26.5 weeks) have reached their own historic highs, Quebec has broken the 20-week mark for the first time since 2003, and patients in New Brunswick can expect to wait almost a full year for treatment (41.7 weeks). In fact, in certain provinces, patients can routinely expect to wait more than a year to receive orthopedic surgery and neurosurgery. In many cases, physicians routinely report that their patients wait longer than they (physicians) consider clinically reasonable (never mind what patients would prefer if they had their way).

http://www.macleans.ca/society/health/canadas-health-care-wait-times-hit-new-record-high-again/

Canadian Health Care Is Failing Our Refugees

05/26/2017

Despite policy changes last April to Canada's refugee health care program, many people continue to be left without adequate access to health care.

That's the finding that comes out of a series of interviews we conducted recently with refugee service providers in Ottawa.

Health care for refugees in Canada falls under the responsibility of the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP), and it has had some tumultuous years.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/y-y-brandon-chen/canada-refugee-health-care_b_16806790.html

said the KEK troll

Here fishy fishy fish. Don't bite that hook Mike.

Ha ha ha, I'm not. This is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. The US health care system is a total embarrassment, everyone outside the States knows this. Doubly bad because it could be the best, but chooses not to be.  

• Like 1

Same thing w education? Makes u wonder the U.S. outspends other nations and even 3rd world countries beats us in science and math.

But our kids can get High Scores in video games!

I'm conflicted. You guys are right. Franken is going to lose integrity if he stays. But he's been quite a good influence in office, not an industry hack, and listens to his constituents more than almost everyone else. I could be happy or sad either way.

All I want is another 20 years. 25 would be nice... then I'm out of here and you're welcome to pick up the pieces. Hell is other people, and I'm looking at hell right now. There is so much wasted skin walking around right now it's no wonder things are fuckt. What we need is a pandemic to clear away about 3 billion people. Another billion would be lost to 'loss of services' that kept them alive and breeding. What this planet needs is a selective culling of the herd.

I see you are ready to take the red pill;

http://www.penttilinkola.com/pentti_linkola/ecofascism/

IMG_7501.jpg

• Like 1

Commentary: Democrats may wish they'd supported Trump's tax cut

This tax bill? It's, well, just a tax bill. Yes, it cuts corporate tax rates to 21 percent, but you know who else proposed corporate tax cuts? President Obama. He wanted to cut them to 28 percent. Is that 7-percent gap between the Obama plan and the GOP really "a monstrosity and a danger to the country," as Democratic Senate leader Chuck Schumer claims? Then again, Mitch McConnell rejected Obama's tax plan, just the way Schumer rejected President Trump's. He said Obama's plan lacked "meaningful bipartisan input."

Like the Obamacare compromise, the GOP's tax bill does quite a few things Democrats usually support. It nearly doubles the standard deduction (from $6,350 to $12,000 for single filers and from $12,700 to $24,000 for joint filers)—which is what most low-income families use, rather than itemizing.

It also doubles the child tax credit to $2,000, and people who don't pay any net federal taxes to "credit" can still get up to $1,400 in cold-hard cash paid for by their fellow taxpayers, whether they (yes, Ann Coulter, I'm looking at you) like it or not.

This sounds awfully close to "income redistribution," something liberal Democrats have been pushing for years.

Was there really no way for Democrats to make a deal? In a sane world, wouldn't the two sides split the corporate tax rate at 25 percent, get rid of the alternative minimum tax (AMT) Republicans hate, but keep the full deductibility of state and local taxes paid by rich liberals in blue states?

Some Democrats point to non-tax items attached to the bill, policies like ending the Obamacare mandate and allowing drilling in the Alaska National Wildlife reserve and say that's a bridge too far. But these extras were only added after it became clear the Democrats were going to force the GOP to go alone. (Getting rid of the Obamacare mandate did actually have the added benefit of creating an extra $338 billion to help pay for tax cuts, though.)

Which brings us back to the real problem: President Trump. More accurately, the Democrats' decision to #Resist.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/commentary-democrats-may-wish-theyd-supported-trumps-tax-cut/

All I want is another 20 years. 25 would be nice... then I'm out of here and you're welcome to pick up the pieces. Hell is other people, and I'm looking at hell right now. There is so much wasted skin walking around right now it's no wonder things are fuckt. What we need is a pandemic to clear away about 3 billion people. Another billion would be lost to 'loss of services' that kept them alive and breeding. What this planet needs is a selective culling of the herd.

Usually when thinning the herd they start with the oldest. Given your vital knowledge of everything Datsun... maybe there would be some considerations made. Let's be honest, without Mike the Datsun herd would be weakened.  :hug:

• Like 1

Usually when thinning the herd they start with the oldest. Given your vital knowledge of everything Datsun... maybe there would be some considerations made. Let's be honest, without Mike the Datsun herd would be weakened.  :hug:

"Traffic is mostly done with bicycles and rowing boats. Private cars are confiscated. Long-distance travel is done with sparse mass transport. Trees will be planted on most roads.

European herd managers of game animals selectively preserve the most mature bulls unless they are showing signs of decrepitude.  The surplus and lesser males are designated for "harvesting".  Quite the opposite of the "horn obsessed" attitude of the average US hunter !  Harvesting the most mature and visually exceptional males leaves the inferior studs to procreate.  38 point [western count, not eastern total points, but average of both left and right horn count] are achieved in Texas and other Eastern / Southern states that well manage their herds.  Then there's the Pennsylvania visiting "hunter" !  Sits on a stump and shoots at any things that makes a sound !  I have personally had to shoot back to shut such an ass hole !  He fired on me 3 times.  His stump was littered with ejected cartridge shells !  Deer don't shoot back as I hope I taught him !

Bringing Down the House: A Hostile Takeover of Science-Based Policymaking by Trump Appointees

The Trump administration is slowly filling positions below the cabinet officer level in the “mission agencies” of the federal government (e.g., EPA, NOAA , Interior, DOE, etc. whose job it is to implement a specific set of statutory mandates). The appointed individuals are leading day-to-day decision-making on policies from public health and safety to environmental protection to critical applied science programs. In other words, the decisions these appointees make will affect everyone in the country.

The job of the agencies and their political leadership is to represent the public interest. It is not to serve the private interests of particular industries and companies, or even to push political viewpoints, but to implement legislative mandates in the interest of the American public. After all, who else but government can do this? Our laws call for the water and air to be clean, our workers and communities to be safe, our environment to be healthy and our science to be robust and fundamental to better policy and decision-making. That is what mission agencies are tasked to do.

https://blog.ucsusa.org/andrew-rosenberg/bringing-down-the-house-a-hostile-takeover-of-science-based-policymaking-by-trump-appointees

"Union of Concerned Scientists", Gracie.....? Sounds like a bad '80s English new wave band.

The EPA: The Worst Of Many Rogue Federal Agencies

Mar 14, 2013

One of the most amazing rulings to come out of Browner’s EPA was a letter sent to the city of San Diego, ordering them to stop treating the sewage pouring into the Tijuana River Valley on the grounds that human actions were disturbing the “sewage-based ecology” of the affected estuary—ignoring the fact that the sewage posed a health threat to human beings (whose “ecology” obviously wasn’t considered as important by the EPA).

Barack Obama’s recently departed EPA Administrator, Lisa Jackson, also distinguished herself by placing political agendas over sound science (and also, like Browner, breaking the laws governing the computer records of public officials—in her case, by trying to hide what she was doing through use of a bogus email identity).

Jackson showed her disregard for scientific rigor by seeking to replace actual samples of air quality with computer estimations of air pollution. Considering the agency’s considerable power to act as judge and jury and bring businesses to their knees, it hardly seems like justice to empower the EPA to enter whatever data it chooses into a computer program and essentially produce evidence based on its own assumptions.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhendrickson/2013/03/14/the-epa-the-worst-of-many-rogue-federal-agencies/#69abdda21adb

The EPA Is Politicized—So Make It Official

This federal regulatory agency, like many others, would be better run by a bipartisan commission.

Jan. 8, 2013

Lisa Jackson, who announced on Dec. 27 that she was stepping down as head of the Environmental Protection Agency, will be leaving under a cloud. It turns out that she had been using an email account, under the alias "Richard Windsor," to conduct official business, in an apparent attempt to evade federal transparency laws, including the Freedom of Information Act. After the account came to light in the fall, the Justice Department agreed to release thousands of emails later this month.

In the case of global-warming regulation, for example, an EPA that operated on the commission model would find it problematic to censor its own dissenting employees the way it did in 2009 with Alan Carlin, a 30-year career official who challenged the agency's "endangerment" finding on greenhouse gases, which was the first step on the EPA's way to issuing emissions regulations.

Mr. Carlin was told to cease his work on the issue and not to communicate his views publicly. An inspector general's report subsequently vindicated his critique of the agency's finding, but it was too late to hold up the regulatory juggernaut. Mr. Carlin has since retired.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323320404578216034024416590

"Traffic is mostly done with bicycles and rowing boats. Private cars are confiscated. Long-distance travel is done with sparse mass transport. Trees will be planted on most roads.

Honestly, fuck those assholes and that attitude. Humans didn't crawl their way up to be the apex predator and top dog of planet earth just to "dial it back".

Too much pollution? You don't get rid of the source and force a downgrade in lifestyle, you make the source cleaner or you innovate a machine to destroy the pollution.

Realize the real reason for these programs is always control. You really think in that situation the rich are going to give up their cars and planes?

• Like 3

I see you are ready to take the red pill;

IMG_7501.jpg

http://www.penttilinkola.com/pentti_linkola/ecofascism/This guy should kill himself for the greater good.

Honestly, fuck those assholes and that attitude. Humans didn't crawl their way up to be the apex predator and top dog of planet earth just to "dial it back".

Too much pullotion? You don't get rid of the source and force a downgrade in lifestyle, you make the source cleaner or you innovate a machine to destroy the pollution.

Realize the real reason for these programs is always control. You really think in that situation the rich are going to give up their cars and planes?

There is only so much room at the top of that apex. Doesn't have to be a forced downgrade. As far as population, it can move downward by attrition. Wars, plagues and famine used to do this. Fewer people would produce less pollution so even easier to mitigate. When you accelerate up to highway speed you let up on the gas when you get there. The road won't let you accelerate endlessly.

• Like 1

http://www.penttilinkola.com/pentti_linkola/ecofascism/This guy should kill himself for the greater good.

There is only so much room at the top of that apex. Doesn't have to be a forced downgrade. As far as population, it can move downward by attrition. Wars, plagues and famine used to do this. Fewer people would produce less pollution so even easier to mitigate. When you accelerate up to highway speed you let up on the gas when you get there. The road won't let you accelerate endlessly.

I thought the trillons of tax dollars Obama and Trudeau threw at the third world were to help them ascend to the apex. no? if we import refugees are they ascending or are we descending?

• Like 2