• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what happens when houses are built out of flammable materials, in areas that are supposed to burn by God's design and are prone to hellish Santa Ana winds ( the devil wind).

Combined with the policy of fire suppression and much of the west is a disaster waiting to happen

This hillside was never green, even after the deluge of last winters' rains. I can't count the number of times I drove by and said to no one in particular, " One match"...

These homes were less than two years old...

We ate Thanksgiving dinner at this residence...

"Corte de Charco[al]."

Fire indeed when unfettered is all consuming.

SAIU1M8.jpg

^^I will be stealing this!^^

I Accidentally Turned My Dad In to Immigration Services

This month my father and I drove to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services office in Centennial, Colo., for a routine visit. I offered to drive because my dad was too nervous and excited to take the wheel. “How long have we waited for this day?” he asked me. He had been told to come in for a final interview before he could get approved for legal permanent residency.

But the meeting turned into a nightmare. Several hours after we arrived, I found myself alone, in disbelief. My dad had been detained and was facing deportation proceedings.

My father is undocumented but has lived in the United States since 1998. He has raised four children, all American citizens, on income from construction work. He pays his taxes and plays by the rules. He himself has been a perfect citizen — although, of course, he can’t call himself that.

Regardless of his status, he has earned the right to work hard without the constant anxiety of being apprehended. His children — of whom I am the oldest — deserve that peace of mind too.

Most people can’t wait to turn 21 so that they can drink. For me, it was the day I could finally petition the government to change my dad’s immigration status. I filed the paperwork in February and believed it would be the beginning of sleeping easier at night, of not worrying about “la migra” every time the phone rang.

Eight months later, my father and I showed up at the immigration services office with our lawyer and notebooks full of supporting documents. The officer told us our petition should be approved, but not that day. We took this as an indication of another waiting period, but we remained upbeat: The officer told my father how to learn about his rights as a lawful permanent resident and acknowledged that he had paid the appropriate fees.

After the officer left the room several times, something changed in her demeanor, and the air in the room became thick with mounting uncertainty. She asked me to leave. I didn’t want to, so she turned to my father and asked him to tell me to leave. I told myself I was just being paranoid and walked outside. As I waited, three Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents came in and took custody of my dad.

When our lawyer reappeared, the look on his face told me everything I needed to know. The world felt ripped from under my feet.

My dad wanted to follow the rules. He has been trying to adjust his status with the help of relatives since 2001. We filed the correct paperwork, paid the fees and lined up all his references, only for my dad to be dragged out of a little office and locked up. ICE could have chosen to grant my dad his residency, per the suggestion of our immigration officer. Instead, my........

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/24/opinion/ice-detained-father-yale.html

smuggiegpa.png

• Like 1

She's probably a lot smarter than you.I didn't know dog shit was dumb,i thought it just stunk.

No she is not.

How do I know this?

Because one would have to be a real retard to drink the Donald Trump kool aid like she has.

BTW how's it tasting there Johnny boy?

SInce the majority of Americans question Trump's Fat Juicy Christmas Present of deregulation and a 40% corporate tax cut and in your opinion are all stupid, please educate us idiots on the economic indicators that show this is prudent or even needed right now? What's the historical record on wages and where wealth goes under trickle down economics? what's the net effects of engineering artificial exuberance into markets? Please tell us why this time it will be different. 

Go ahead professors, we're all ears...

25355999458_29689d5016_b.jpg

Since the majority of Americans question Trump's Fat Juicy Christmas Present of deregulation and a 40% corporate tax cut and in your opinion are all stupid, please educate us idiots on the economic indicators that show this is prudent or even needed right now? What's the historical record on wages and where wealth goes under trickle down economics? what's the net effects of engineering artificial exuberance into markets? Please tell us why this time it will be different. 

Sorry, had to fix it.

• Like 1

Sense the majority of Americans question Trump's Fat Juicy Christmas Present of deregulation and a 40% corporate tax cut and in your opinion are all stupid, please educate us idiots on the economic indicators that show this is prudent or even needed right now? What's the historical record on wages and where wealth goes under trickle down economics? what's the net effects of engineering artificial exuberance into markets? Please tell us why this time it will be different. 

Remember the movie Armageddon? Steve Buscemi's character, knowing his was a suicide mission and pretty much the end of the world, goes out and borrows $100,000 from a loan shark.

Rockhound: "That's easy for you to say. I owe 100 grand to a fat-ass loan shark which I spent on a stripper named Molly Mounds."

When you know it's the end and you only have a few more years left in office, you may as well take the money and feather your nest.

I think you have to evoke the same argument used to oppose securing our borders.

We would not have Donald Trump for President now, if every politician whose job it was to enforce and secure our borders for the past 40-50 years or so...

...did their goddamned jobs and enforced the laws which are already on the books.

Historical fun fact; Did you know that "Zapata Oil" owned and operated by George H.W. Bush was never notably profitable in the usual commercial sense, and seems to have worked more as a front for a range of espionage and covert operations.

Some of these operations allegedly include letting his four offshore oil platforms be used for fueling stops by boats laden with illegal cocaine to fund the Iran/ Contra scandal of the eighties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_involvement_in_Contra_cocaine_trafficking

Republicans are dirty as fuck, but everyone has historical amnesia now and these craven bastards keep getting voted back into power...

We would not have Donald Trump for President now, if every politician whose job it was to enforce and secure our borders for the past 40-50 years or so...

...did their goddamned jobs and enforced the laws which are already on the books.

Politicians don't enforce the laws.

You can't enforce unpopular laws, with no teeth in them. Well you can, but what's the point of it? Only the ones who don't like them will push back, the rest are apathetic......... until now.

You are aware of that shit because repubs allow for some honesty.

Democrats don't even acknowledge the necessity for obvious change, they make up fake changes we need. Now it is the president, wrong again.

Great your right , but why are you telling us this. Because you think poeple expect trump will save America?

Is there anything he might do that will redeemable in your perspective?

Is there anything he might do that will redeemable in your perspective?

Made his tax returns public, pushed to overthrow Citizens United decision, implemented campaign finance reform that took away hidden super pac money, put everything campaign and lobbying related in plan sight, and instead of lining the 1%er's pockets by adding $1.5 trillion to the debt, invested that into modernizing our infrastructure. 

USA no longer has a "left right" two party political system, it's a rigged "up down" have and have not system of opposing economic interests. Ideological value systems are manufactured psychological marketing themes.

• Like 1

SInce the majority of Americans question Trump's Fat Juicy Christmas Present of deregulation and a 40% corporate tax cut and in your opinion are all stupid, please educate us idiots on the economic indicators that show this is prudent or even needed right now? What's the historical record on wages and where wealth goes under trickle down economics? what's the net effects of engineering artificial exuberance into markets? Please tell us why this time it will be different. 

Do you mean "majority of Democrats" ? i don't know anybody that's complaining about these tax cuts except a few here on Ratsun that would complain about anything Trump does.I guess you would rather see American dollars and industry continue to be shipped off overseas ? Try reading up on what some corporations are planning to do with these cuts before you predict doomsday.Maybe just maybe big corporations will stay here,invest here and hire people from here.

Made his tax returns public, pushed to overthrow Citizens United decision, implemented campaign finance reform that took away hidden super pac money, put everything campaign and lobbying related in plan sight, and instead of lining the 1%er's pockets by adding $1.5 trillion to the debt, invested that into modernizing our infrastructure. 

USA no longer has a "left right" two party political system, it's a rigged "up down" have and have not system of opposing economic interests. Ideological value systems are manufactured psychological marketing themes.

Trump's tax returns again ? the last time somebody got ahold of his return the left ended up with egg on their faces.Is there a particular reason to see them ? he can't be cheating on his taxes,he'd probably be in jail.The reality is it just doesn't matter and it's a weak point against Trump.It's a "just because" thing.Show us yours.

Do you mean "majority of Democrats" ? i don't know anybody that's complaining about these tax cuts except a few here on Ratsun that would complain about anything Trump does.I guess you would rather see American dollars and industry continue to be shipped off overseas ? Try reading up on what some corporations are planning to do with these cuts before you predict doomsday.Maybe just maybe big corporations will stay here,invest here and hire people from here.

You may not trust polls, and for good reason, but I've got a search for "majority support for tax bill", and it pops up a dozen polls showing lack of majority support. This is a bill for the rich, and there is really no blanket over your eyes that you can't simply pull down. Business that benefit are already doing more than fine under our draconian tax rates

Politicians don't enforce the laws.

You can't enforce unpopular laws, with no teeth in them. Well you can, but what's the point of it? Only the ones who don't like them will push back, the rest are apathetic......... until now.

Whoops my bad, you are right; "Instead, the executive enforces the law as written by the legislature and interpreted by the judiciary".

Let me rewrite that; "We would not have Donald Trump for President now, if every President ( for the past 40 or 50 years or so) whose job it was to enforce the law as written by the legislature and interpreted by the judiciary did their goddamned job.

You are aware of that shit because repubs allow for some honesty.

Will you be waiting up for Santa Claus then?

If 66% of the country is Democratic than yes. My father is a life long republican lives in San Diego and thinks Trump's erroneous stimulation package is reckless, top heavy, and ill timed. Both he and I would like to see corporate tax at 20% even lower, but dumping that drop on the economy all at once, at a time where the housing and stock markets are already over inflated is Greenspan 2.0. Now instead of a correction, we are setting up another economic bubble. But if I'm not sucking Trump's dick it means I want to sell America down the river? Here's a stupid hyperbolic question for you, Do you really believe the sweet nothings corporations whisper in your ear?

Try reading up John, it's 100% PR bull shit and you know it. A few months ago those same corporations were jumping ship on Trumps business counsel after his Charlottesville rhetoric. All of it Public Relations. 

Whoops my bad, you are right; "Instead, the executive enforces the law as written by the legislature and interpreted by the judiciary".

Let me rewrite that; "We would not have Donald Trump for President now, if every President ( for the past 40 or 50 years or so) whose job it was to enforce the law as written by the legislature and interpreted by the judiciary did their goddamned job.

Will you be waiting up for Santa Claus then?

I'm going to agree with you somewhat on this.But you can't blame any President for what states like California have done with immigration.Take a look at the general attitude people like Jerry Brown have towards the feds.Trump says enforce immigration,Brown says sanctuary state.Our people here in Cali are purposely undermining laws already in place.

If 66% of the country is Democratic than yes. My father is a life long republican lives in San Diego and thinks Trump's erroneous stimulation package is reckless, top heavy, and ill timed. Both he and I would like to see corporate tax at 20% even lower, but dumping that drop on the economy all at once, at a time where the housing and stock markets are already over inflated is Greenspan 2.0. Now instead of a correction, we are setting up another economic bubble. But if I'm not sucking Trump's dick it means I want to sell America down the river? Here's a stupid hyperbolic question for you, Do you really believe the sweet nothings corporations whisper in your ear?

Try reading up John, it's 100% PR bull shit and you know it. A few months ago those same corporations were jumping ship on Trumps business counsel after his Charlottesville rhetoric. All of it Public Relations. 

You're right,we should just keep traveling down the same road to nowhere.Without this tax cut this bubble will burst anyway.Stock market and housing will take a hit either way.And i'll answer that question,no i don't believe everything corporations say.How about you and that tax hike question you won't answer ?

You're right,we should just keep traveling down the same road to nowhere.Without this tax cut this bubble will burst anyway.Stock market and housing will take a hit either way.And i'll answer that question,no i don't believe everything corporations say.How about you and that tax hike question you won't answer ?

We've been steadily climbing out of the near disaster we faced in 2008. We needed a crazy stimulus, and years of personal hardship, but we responibly grew out of it. The economy has been growing for years, jobs growing for years, corporate profit for years, ow at record numbers and starting to restore a smidge of confidence in the dollar and boom! Right back to bubble burst recovery mode in three years... Just in time for the next president to take the blame.

• Like 1